Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

SERIOUS QUESTION: Are you the fat guy doing gymnastics on the TV ad??

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    In that case can you get on the phone to the NRL and ask that in future only rounds 10-21 counts for competition points?

And if the training singlets are getting sold, I'd love to buy one as well.
    have asked one of our merchandise guys to respond on the singlets and the XXXL shirts.

I have a meeting with shane mattiske tomorrow so I'll ask him then about rounds 10 - 21, but will be expanding that to round 22 after sunday.

In all seriousness, we are amongst the very best teams in the NRL right now. Looking forward to the game on Sunday.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Serious answer. No.

My wife got asked that question. And she didn't like it.

David, I was wondering how much of a say you will have with regard to signing new players, as well as retention? Any plans to improve the results of our Under 20s?

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    David, I was wondering how much of a say you will have with regard to signing new players, as well as retention? Any plans to improve the results of our Under 20s?
    There's a lot of people more qualified than me to deal with signing new players, and retaining our current ones.

My focus right now is making sure the basics of the business side of the club are looked after, so that you can have faith in the future of the football team.

Nobody is more passionate than me about success on the field at all levels of the club, but that will be secured by me supporting the football department, and making sure they have what they need to be successful.

Like everyone, I have a view, but my view on the football side is no more important than anyone else's. I didn't come here to pick the team. And I don't think you'd be paying money to watchg a team I picked - i'm pretty sure of that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Just changed my avatar for you

David if you think where amongst the best teams now do you honestly think we can win the comp this year

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Serious answer. No.

My wife got asked that question. And she didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    In that case can you get on the phone to the NRL and ask that in future only rounds 10-21 counts for competition points?

And if the training singlets are getting sold, I'd love to buy one as well.
    Hi

Just reading your post in regards to the XXXL shirts and training singlet, we have recently had some new stock arrive, they may not be online to purchase at the moment so please feel free to contact the Merchandise store at Pacific Fair on 55316497 or email me directly on ians@titans.com.au which I can then follow this up for you.

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Welcome to the forum Mr. May.

All the questions so far have been pretty heavy, I've got a relatively light one..

How one earth can I get my hands on a 2012 Titans training singlet? Have literally been looking on the internet all year but have found absolutely nothing, unlike previous years. This has also been the case with other items, as a Titans home jersey isn't even available on the online store. The reason I need to shop online is because I'm supporting from over in New Zealand.

With reference to the above, we have currently received new stock which aren't currently on online to purchase, to follow this up please email the following ians@titans.com.au who will be able to advise you as to what is available in sizing etc.

Many thanks

David ... this a very good start for the new face of the club. Quick responses and the merchandise people getting involved = all good.

Most of us on here are footy people in some form or other, would it be too much of a stretch to have someone from the footy side of things looking after a footy Q&A thread too? Pre-requisites: think-skinned, articulate, informed and did I say think-skinned?

Ps. How is the link from the Titans website going? We would like all of our liked-minded mob commenting, as I'm sure you would.

Oh yeah and Karnage, how could you ask that question when we all know that's you :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't contribute to the forum much but I may be like many others that read the forum every day and keep up with everything that is going on without regularly posting on the forum.

I am very impressed with your willingness to connect with the fans on the forum. I for one think the titans brand has lost credibility over the last year or two and connecting with the fans in this way speaks volumes in my book and a step in winning back those fans lost and getting bums back on Skilled Park seats. Well done and good luck David.
    Last edited by psmitty; 02-08-12 at 04:22 PM.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Titans Merch View Post
    With reference to the above, we have currently received new stock which aren't currently on online to purchase, to follow this up please email the following ians@titans.com.au who will be able to advise you as to what is available in sizing etc.

Many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Titans Merch View Post
    Hi

Just reading your post in regards to the XXXL shirts and training singlet, we have recently had some new stock arrive, they may not be online to purchase at the moment so please feel free to contact the Merchandise store at Pacific Fair on 55316497 or email me directly on ians@titans.com.au which I can then follow this up for you.

Many Thanks
    With no disrespect intended, just firing off a e-mail to make purchases is a bit below par these days. If anything, the online store needs a major overhaul and kept up to date on a regular basis. Apart from a few items, the website hasn't been updated since early 2010. What I feel we really need is something that resembles other clubs. If you'll look below, you'll see what I mean to what other clubs have..

Newcastle Knights
    West Tigers
    St George Dragons
    Penrith Panthers
    Melbourne Storm
    Brisbane Donkeys
    Nth Qld Cowboys
    Sydney Roosters
    Sydney Rabbitohs
    Parramatta Eels
    Cronulla Sharks
    Canberra Raiders
    Canterbury Bulldogs
    Manly Sea Eagles

Now this is what we have. We can't even purchase this years basic jerseys from the site.
    Gold Coast Titans

As I mentioned earlier, this isn't intended to have a shot at anyone. This is about trying to highlight one Department of the Gold Coast Titans that could do with a bit more polishing, to help improve the experience for the Fans/Punters, and simplify the purchasing side of it. As the Titans do have Fans beyond the Gold Coast.

I for one would rather see our funds go directly to the club as possible, even if the Merchandising side of it is leased out or not. Having spent $1000 of dollars at places like Goodscore, Rebel Sports and eBay over the years, isn't a great experience from my point of view. But if we had a 'One Stop Shop' surely that's gotta be better for everyone that is passionate about our Club.

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    have asked one of our merchandise guys to respond on the singlets and the XXXL shirts.

I have a meeting with shane mattiske tomorrow so I'll ask him then about rounds 10 - 21, but will be expanding that to round 22 after sunday.

In all seriousness, we are amongst the very best teams in the NRL right now. Looking forward to the game on Sunday.
    D
    Hahaha

Keep posting like that- with that avatar- and you will have to prove you are one of those evil backroom guys and not one of us.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

im digging Mr May's jib.

its one thing to come on and mix with us all and try get a feel for the supporter base' point of view, its another glorious thing to stick it back and show us that you are a real person who can have a laugh and take the piss as well.

good luck with everything David, hope you can continue to take the time to chat with us.