Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Default Former CEO David May

This thread is here for anyone to ask a question of our new CEO David May.

I'm sure David has an extremely difficult & busy job so please keep the questions sensible & please be respectful at all times & off the topic chat will be deleted.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Will pressure be placed on our under performing coaching staff to improve their performance in 2013 and beyond. Cartwright was gifted a 5 year contract extension in the midst of a wooden spoon winning season and has shown little improvement this year with a much upgraded roster.

Will the assistant coach be made responsible for the sides attacking structures?

As CEO do you have any firm opinion on the length of contracts being handed out by your predecessor? 5 years to Zillman? 5 years to wooden spoon winning Cartwright?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Will pressure be placed on our under performing coaching staff to improve their performance in 2013 and beyond. Cartwright was gifted a 5 year contract extension in the midst of a wooden spoon winning season and has shown little improvement this year with a much upgraded roster.

Will the assistant coach be made responsible for the sides attacking structures?

As CEO do you have any firm opinion on the length of contracts being handed out by your predecessor? 5 years to Zillman? 5 years to wooden spoon winning Cartwright?
    I'm also interested for an answer to the above question.
    At no stage since 2007 have a felt the Titans had a chance to win a grand final...even the year we finished in the top 4 we struggled to score points attacking the oppositions line.
    We've always had a dominant forward pack but choose ball runners in the 5/8 position.
    Every good coach knows you need a ball player to distribute a timed pass to his outside backs to score points...there has been too much reliance on our first receiver (Scott Prince) to come up with these play.
    Cartwright doesn't see this side of Rugby League and therefore struggled to choose the right player or to create an attacking structure.

As CEO of the entire club David, the questions regarding the boys-club of coach/senior players/football director maybe out of your direct jurisdiction, however, there would be very few Titans fans who would not agree with the sentiments shown here already.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I agree with the comments above but if Cartwright can get us in the top 8, I wont complain but he will never win a premiership. My question Mr.May is that how come we haven't had a decent set of juniors in a while? We have one of the biggest rugby league nurseries spreading from South East QLD to Northern NSW and not to mention leading high school teams (Keebra Park and PBC) yet our Toyota cup team are rubbish and other NRL clubs have players from these schools instead of us, it irritates me when i see the West Tigers with Keebra Park players.

That's a great point TM. One of the problems with our club is that we not perceived as being a community rugby league club. Although indigenous, islander, feminist, special needs, teachers, bus drivers, etc, etc sectors are all important in their own sectarian way, the bottom line is we are a rugby league club first and foremost. Being the most pro-active "community" club, as laudable as those efforts are, is obviously not transferring to bums on seats.

If you want people through the gate then it is the rugby league community you need to be attracting first and if the fruits of their labours are going to other regions so are their hearts, minds and wallets.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-08-12 at 09:45 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Spot on Titanic, also Mr.May what are you going to do about the Titans ridiculous 2013 jersey kit?

Hi. Seen a few threads about this. Best answer I can give - aside from carty's win:loss ratio as a coach which is exceptional - is that is you look at a ladder that includes rounds 10-21 we are third.

So, we have a coach with one of the best win:loss ratios of coaches in the last 10 years, and a top 4 team on form.

Best thing we can all do is get behind the team and the coach and back them into the finals!

D

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Hi. Seen a few threads about this. Best answer I can give - aside from carty's win:loss ratio as a coach which is exceptional - is that is you look at a ladder that includes rounds 10-21 we are third.

So, we have a coach with one of the best win:loss ratios of coaches in the last 10 years, and a top 4 team on form.

Best thing we can all do is get behind the team and the coach and back them into the finals!

D
    I thought your answer would go something like that...a difficult questions to answer as you need to keep the current coach motivated leading into the finals.

I think we have made our point...I just hope you review the situation if we don't make the finals.

Just remember...fans want to feel like they have a chance to win a grand final...there's only a few hardcore fans that feel this but it's based on hope and the last few games against some ordinary sides.

Welcome to the forum Mr. May.

All the questions so far have been pretty heavy, I've got a relatively light one..

How one earth can I get my hands on a 2012 Titans training singlet? Have literally been looking on the internet all year but have found absolutely nothing, unlike previous years. This has also been the case with other items, as a Titans home jersey isn't even available on the online store. The reason I need to shop online is because I'm supporting from over in New Zealand.

Hi David,

really impressed to see you on the forum so swiftly after your appointment.

I would also like to comment on the coaching department, but not as harshly.

my only suggestion is that the coaches performance is fairly monitored and reviewed when neccasary.

Thats all we could ask for, because for a time it has seemed like Cartwright has had a free pass in some areas. If the fan base felt he was accountable we would feel better about it.

Thanks again for your efforts to become part of our community.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Welcome to the forum Mr. May.

All the questions so far have been pretty heavy, I've got a relatively light one..

How one earth can I get my hands on a 2012 Titans training singlet? Have literally been looking on the internet all year but have found absolutely nothing, unlike previous years. This has also been the case with other items, as a Titans home jersey isn't even available on the online store. The reason I need to shop online is because I'm supporting from over in New Zealand.
    You're not alone, Mate. I've been chasing a 3XL one in stores and online for a couple of years to no avail. If anything, it seems the Merchandise Department needs a hand to get it up 'n running properly. Afterall, Merchandise is one of the biggest money spinners for any club/sport. The folk that run the store at Pacific Fair and CoE do a fine job, with all things considered. Though they may need a hand to get more stock in, and at least have a online store that rivals other NRL clubs.

I for one on average probably spend $1500 to $2000 a year on merchandise for my Family and myself. But I'd imagine I'd buy more if the range was broader, and I was able to purchase more online from the Official Titans Store.

Junior Titan

Hi David
    Welcome to the Coast
    I hope you enjoy the plush office that myself and other loyal fans have built (we were actually told about a week before we were locked out to push to get that office complete). It was a shame we were never given the chance to finish the building, after working on something for three years and then in the end not getting paid I'm sure a smart guy like you can figure out why a lot of locals no longer support the Titans.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post

D
    In that case can you get on the phone to the NRL and ask that in future only rounds 10-21 counts for competition points?

And if the training singlets are getting sold, I'd love to buy one as well.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

David congratulations on your new job. I am impressed that you have taken the time to talk to some of the fans on the forums.. many other ceo's would not do this.

Improvements i would like to see
    Player and Coaching staff performance accountability
    Players picked on form, not on experience
    Focus on building a strong junior base

I think the first two reasons could be one of the major reasons why fans have not shown up to the games, at times as a team what should have been one of the strongest teams in the comp looked worse than an average qld cup side. Most fans would not pay to see such performances.

On a side note to the accountability there was a program a few years back that showed des hasler using statistics and making his player aware of their player perfomance rating and also monitoring these ratings with the players on a regular basis. I can see something like this could help the titans lift to new levels..

Once again congratulations and thanks for your time