Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

and Minichiello loses it ... so many fringe players.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gus comment is so right ... if Bailey can get there why can't the others? Gordon in but too late.

And Harrison forward to Zillman off-side ... what else with that play? The decision to disallow that try before half time has been very very very expensive.

Well at least we hold onto 8 for the time being. Hopefully the Eels can somehow beat the Tigers tomorrow night.

ok that try for rabits near the end of the first half was rubbish and shouldnt of been a try

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Yep I think everybody except Souths fans would agree with you there. Also our disallowed try before that was just as ridiculous. Souths definitely had the rub of the green today, I'm glad though that we didn't surrender and kept our F/A in tact.

A little summary from a game that held potential but turned into a mistake-a-thon.

Pluses: most didn't give up, the forward pack, the halves.
    Minuses: Apart from the ineptitude of Michaels, the unbelievable lack of involvement from Idris and the overplaying of Zillman, Gordon is obviously playing injured and Mead must have got injured because his final 20 were woeful.
    Turning point: first half disallowed try that should have had us up 10-6 and instead ended up 6-10 after another poor refs decision.
    Thought: we are still in it but Falloon has to go and Bird needs to come in plus Zillman should be an option not a stock play.

Not too shattered, we blew a good chance but live to fight on.
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-08-12 at 04:02 PM.

We need Champion back because Michaels is just gonna get trampled come finals time (providing we make the 8). Don't get me started on his attacking game it's like he doesn't even look where he's passing - his passes either go to ground or the opposition.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 05-08-12 at 04:06 PM.

Now a short turnaround and down to Melbourne on Friday against a team who nearly put 50 on Penrith. I'm a bit worried about that game as I fear Melbourne are finding some form again.

Game was there to be won. shot ourselves in the foot too often.
    So Melbourne next week? Gulp.
    Gotta win 3 of our next 4 to be a chance.
    Melbourne, Parra, Penrith and Manly. Can see this going right down to the final round.

Edit: Tigers have a brutal run home after Parra with the dragons, dogs and storm on there list.
    Last edited by eelectrica; 05-08-12 at 05:31 PM.

Junior

Ridge needs more game time. Also, as valiant and brave as miles may be, he looks injured badly. I have never seen such slow play the balls.

We could have easily won that game, the bunnies couldnt break our line and only scored from our mistakes/good fortune.

I thought it was a great game and the team played well.

The video Refs are laughing all the way to Jupiters
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rabbitohs defence won them the game. They couldnt penetrate our defence. Most of their tries were flukey or off our mistakes. We should have won but the effing refs! This win would have been vital in terms of confidence and position on the ladder. But refs have to love the Rabbits dont they?

But i have to admit we threw away possession at vital times. Zillman was an ounce away from being a hero but silly knock ons made him the hermit.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Didn't think we had it in us to pull back the score line like that, proud of the boys for that. Have to take the positives out of performances like that - could of just as easily been 2 points for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Zillman was an ounce away from being a hero but silly knock ons made him the hermit.
    This is where our problems seems to manifest themselves. Instead of good solid attacking options, we are relying on plays that come off 1% of the time.