Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I actually think having Isaac Luke out helps the Rabbits attack, as can be seen by the 30+ scores put on St George and Wests in the past fortnight. Luke is a great player but eh massively overplays his hand out of dummy half with all of his passes back across the ruck, flicks etc. With that beast of a pack that they have they benefit from a dummy half who just lets the big men run onto the ball. It's a simple game and he overcomplicates it.

Our defence will be a sterner test than anything they have faced in the past fortnight but it will have to be at its best to keep them out. This is a win at all costs game for us, we cannot afford to lose a game after the Saints and the Knights won so well.

Peats is going very well for them and Merritt is ... well he is Merritt ... they haven't lost too much there. Where we can get them is by turning their forwards around. They aren't the fittest team in the comp but if you take your foot off their throat and give them an inch then ... ask the Roosters.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Whats the sun like in section 23 on a Sunday arvo?
    What row(s) avoid the sun?

I sit in section 20 and cop the sun but I had friends in section 23 last Sunday arvo match and they copped the sun for only 10 minutes. That was a 2pm kick off. I am unsure of what row they were in but it would have been at least row 16. As this is a 3pm kick off I think you may need a jumper and not sunglasses. But don't hold me to that.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I sit in section 20 and cop the sun but I had friends in section 23 last Sunday arvo match and they copped the sun for only 10 minutes. That was a 2pm kick off. I am unsure of what row they were in but it would have been at least row 16. As this is a 3pm kick off I think you may need a jumper and not sunglasses. But don't hold me to that.
    Cheers mate
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Default Titans gauge form against Souths

Laine Clark AAP Mon, Jul 30, 2012 - 6:19 PM

Usually rivals complain because Greg Inglis is on the field.

But Gold Coast Titans captain Scott Prince is disappointed the suspended fullback won't be running out for South Sydney in their NRL blockbuster on Sunday.

The Titans are flying high after breaking into the top eight with their third straight win - and sixth in nine games.

It is a remarkable turnaround after the Gold Coast's season was all but written off when they started with a 2-7 record, including five straight defeats.

But Prince reckoned taking on a runaway Rabbitohs outfit boasting Inglis in the No.1 jersey would have provided a true gauge to their resurgent form.

Indeed the Titans would be the talk of the NRL if not for the South Sydney juggernaut that has risen to No.2 on the ladder.

"I am looking forward to it (on Sunday). It will be a true test. I regard them as the best team in the comp at the moment," Prince said.

"They are very consistent, they have two young halves (John Sutton, Adam Reynolds) who are the best in the comp at the moment and their pack is star studded.

"(But) you want to play against the best and unfortunately for Souths he (Inglis) will be missing."

While disappointed not to be tackling Inglis, Prince was not taking his replacement Nathan Merritt for granted after the livewire donned the No.1 jersey to help the Rabbitohs thrash Wests Tigers 32-6 last round - their fifth straight win.

"Nathan Merritt stood up and played outstanding against the Tigers. I don't think they will be losing too much," Prince said of his Indigenous All Stars teammate.

"He is very dangerous. He can score a 100m try. Our kick-chase has to be on to snuff out that threat from the back.

"With a player like Nathan it is not about stopping but reducing his impact on the game."

The Rabbitohs may have captured the NRL faithful's imagination but the Titans are the potential feel good story of 2012.

Apart from turning around their disastrous on-field form, the Titans are also making progress off it.

Following a dramatic restructure last week, the new Titans chief executive David May claimed their reported $25 million debt would be wiped within weeks.

"Everyone has been working hard, we haven't turned on each other (and) players have been willing to sacrifice a few things," Prince said.

"I am very proud of the guys but it won't mean anything if we don't play September football."

great story there from Laine Clark

take note Peter Badel

Harrison named to take on Rabbitohs
    Titans | Tuesday 31 July 2012 12:58 PM

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today named Queensland State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison to return from injury for Sunday’s blockbuster against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named former Rabbitoh Harrison to return after the Maroons lock missed Origin 3 and four NRL matches for the Titans with multiple fractures in his big toe.

While Harrison’s inclusion provides a boost for the Titans, the club will be without NSW Origin forward Greg Bird after he sustained a minor hamstring injury in last Friday night’s 36-16 victory over the Sydney Roosters.

Harrison, who spent three years at South Sydney from 2003-05 early on in his career, will line-up for his 244th NRL game if he passes fitness tests late in the week.

Harrison’s inclusion is only change from the team which notched the club’s third straight win against the Roosters.

Jetstar Titans vs South Sydney Rabbitohs
    3pm - Skilled Park - Sunday, August 5

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Jamal Idris
    4. Steve Michaels
    5. David Mead
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Matt Srama
    10. Luke Douglas
    11. Nate Myles
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matthew White
    15. Ben Ridge
    16. Luke O’Dwyer
    17. Beau Falloon

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...abbitohs/60551

@travismeyn: Greg Bird OUT for Titans with a hamstring strain. Only looking at one week. Harrison set to return against Rabbitohs. #NRL

Falloon gets a shot at his old team mates & Taylor gets his chance to show Bailey & Co how tough he is

Can't wait
    #itaintweaktospeak

I doubt he could have selected any other combination but that is as good as we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I doubt he could have selected any other combination but that is as good as we have right now.
    Lawrence over O'Dwyer maybe but no real point changing a winning team.

It'd be a shame if BJ is out of favour after the Warriors game. He was very serviceable prior to that.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

He didn't have enough space on his credit card to get in on the goat pics.

A good lineup named. No need to fix what ain't broke.

Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs at Skilled Park, 3:00pm (local). #NRLGLDSOU

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Jamal Idris, Steve Michaels, David Mead, Aidan Sezer, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Luke Douglas, Nate Myles, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange (from): Matt White, Ben Ridge, Luke O'Dwyer, Beau Falloon

RABBITOHS: Nathan Merritt, Justin Hunt, Matt King, Dylan Farrell, Andrew Everingham, John Sutton, Adam Reynolds, Eddy Pettybourne, Nathan Peats, Sam Burgess, Chris McQueen, Dave Taylor, Michael Crocker. Interchange (from): Jason Clark, Dave Tyrrell, Luke Burgess, Ben Lowe, Scott Geddes, Shaune Corrigan

With the exception of Bird and Champion, is this the new contender for 'the closest thing to a full strength team yet' this yet?
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.