Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Yeah i am waiting to read titans is goooone anytime soon
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

also, we are getting hammered in the southern media by league fans for our spending spree while we are almost collapsing in front of everyone.

I can sort of agree that making $600k + signings looks in bad taste when the NRL might have to prop us up and other expansion teams could maybe function independently without NRL dollars.

Just arrived in Toronto after not seeing the news for a day and WTF! Jesus H Christ what a cluster fark.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Clive Palmer?

Should we consider a move like bringing someone like Palmer in as a partner. I didn't really for the whole Aleague taking his licence away, what exactly did he do that was wrong? I honestly don't know a great deal about Clive apart from the fact he seems to be pretty outspoken. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Although we need money we should not just grab at straws. Where is Broughton in all this? We are supposed to have league royalty running the show but all I can smell is an old boys club and the feeling that we have been conned ... very depressing indeed.

Karnage, I read you post and totally agree ... Giants, Seagulls, Chargers, Crushers ... a lifetime of burst hope for a local bloke.

I would take him at this point.

In an ideal world, we wouldnt like to rely on him,but forced to choose Clive and extinction, i gotta say.... come on down Big Marn!

I think most of his issues were with the Aleague officialdom, and he has said that the NRL is run alot better.

I think Gallop should call him, and say we are going to move in on this team and takeover, would you like to be involved financially, and give him a seat on a soon-to-be-formed board.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Although we need money we should not just grab at straws. Where is Broughton in all this? We are supposed to have league royalty running the show but all I can smell is an old boys club and the feeling that we have been conned ... very depressing indeed.

Karnage, I read you post and totally agree ... Giants, Seagulls, Chargers, Crushers ... a lifetime of burst hope for a local bloke.
    Could you saddle up for another team Titanic?

the only interest i think i could muster, would be watching mead,srama,ryan james and co grow up into men for other teams. heartbreaking, but exciting to see our boys grow up.

He would have to be an absolute moron to throw good money after bad ... 35 million debt or more and the loss of respect of the community ... we're kdding ourselves.

No DB I could not and would not. At my age I have no interest in other teams and I am too far from home to get involved with the local comp.

yeah i coudnt see him getting involved in the property side of it.

I would assume hed only be invlolved in the team.

If he was to get into the property side of it, he could use the CoE as a hub for League AND Soccer, whether it be a gold coast soccer team, or a youth academy for soccer players, which he has shown some interest in.

either way, we are in the laps of the gods now, and it could be time to build an ark as our team is washed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

Stuff the Crushers!!! One of the best days of my sporting life was when the Chargers put 40 or 50 through them at the old Lang Park.

Clive Palmer is a loud mouthed buffoon but I would buy him pies till the next olympics if he pitched in to keep us afloat

one thought though,

if we were able to survive long enough and win a premiership, it would be THE rugby league feel good story.

Souths got kicked out once and piss and moan all the time about it... to be booted 4 times and then come back to win a premiership would be huge and would mean alot to so many ppl who invested there loyalty into our various versions of a gold coast team.

Junior

and the judge ruled in favour of "not us!!"

The sooner Searle is removed from RL on the Coast the better - what a dud couldn't run a chook raffle. Lets hope the NRL takes the licence and runs the titans until a suitable and legitimate corporate structure can be put in place.

Gee glad we locked Zilly up for 5 years shakes head.

Court agrees to hear Titans wind-up bid
    Emmaline Stigwood | 12:10pm March 23, 2012

GOLD Coast Titans will face a wind-up action next month following a court hearing this morning in Brisbane.

The action followed an application before the federal Court in Brisbane by Reed Constructions, which claims it is owed about $1 million for Titans Centre of Excellence at Robina.

Lawyers for the Titans this morning tried to resist Reed being named as a current creditor.

However a judge ruled the club had signed an agreement in August last year admitting it owed the builder money.

Reed Constructions will now have to advertise that it plans to wind up Gold Coast Titans before returning to court on April 20.

It follows news today that NRL accountants had unearthed millions of dollars of hidden Titans debts.

It also comes amid belief the Titans signed Melbourne Storm halfback Cooper Cronk.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

What's a Wind Up action?