Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47

what a relief, I've been checking this forum expecting the worst lately.

yeah Titanic until he's gone it seems more issues will continue to surface

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226494606253

see who wrote the article nice work Badel

I agree until Searle is gone completely , then they can say the slate is clean. But good news none the less. It seems that the Commision has set the tone for how things should end up.

Only good thing I could draw on in that article DB posted, was the talk of the ARLC finally being involved. Hopefully all goes well from here..

But yeah, as others have said. It'll never really be right until Mr Searle has cut ties completely from the club. Sorry to say..

The bloke did have good vision, early in the peace. And I totally agreed with him that it would take a decade for the Titans to establish themselves on the Coast properly. Though unfortunately, Mr Searle has pretty well spear tackled all those expectations into the ground 'n damn near stuffed it up completely. So here we are, 5 years down the track in a smouldering heap. Can everything be turned around in the next 5 years? I dunno, with all this bad news over the past 2-3 years, it has taken it's toll on some of us fans. But I am happy to admit that, that alone is not going to stop me from wishing for better and bigger things for OUR Club.

Here's hoping everything can really be wiped clean and the club can be built again properly, with no more 'pie in the sky' ideas of CoE's etc... Just a good structurally sound business entity that concentrates on the basic requirements of the club alone, until it's a established stand alone franchise. Then, and only then can things like a League's Club, Athletic Villa Resorts 'n so on can be considered for future expansion..

We will be fine, where's that insideword muppet? Must of missed that meeting with his insiders.

Titans still to delineate Searle role

THE fate of former Titans boss Michael Searle in terms of his business role with the new company owning the Gold Coast NRL team will be known by December.

The former Titans CEO, team owner and founder, became executive football director when ISelect chief marketing officer David May was appointed to his position in July.

The Bulletin on Friday revealed the Titans had begun negotiations with the ARL Commission about creating a new company name, which would require the issuing of a new licence and contracts to players.

Searle remains a shareholder but the Titans have not released the size of his stake or those of white knight investors Darryl Kelly, Graeme Connor and Anshuman Magazine.

After debts had blown out to $24 million under Searle overseeing the club's property arm and building of the Centre of Excellence, fans this weekend have welcomed the restructure.

On the Titans official website, one fan wrote: "The first real step towards a solution ... I will not be handing out the champagne just yet until Searle's role in all this is disclosed ... but looking much better."

Speculation in Coast football circles is increasing about Searle in the new year having no role in the restructured club once the new board of directors meets.

Speaking for the first time about the new company, May yesterday told the Bulletin: "We're setting up a new entity to make sure the new investors are protected."

May referred to the new investors "as men of high standing" and confirmed all outstanding debts from the football club, including superannuation payments to staff and payments to the Australian Tax Office, had been cleared.

Asked about Searle's role, he replied: "It is very different ... He is still employed by the football club. His role is overseeing the football operation and reporting to me."

The name of the new company would include some reference to "Gold Coast Titans" and ensure "the brand, players' contracts, gym equipment and all corporate parts" of the club were transferred across.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The first real step towards a solution ... I will not be handing out the champagne just yet until Searle's role in all this is disclosed ... but looking much better. We should be considering Finals in 2015, once we have shed Cartwright too.
    You're famous!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Gee, whatever happened to intellectual property rights? lol ... must have been a slow news day.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Gee, whatever happened to intellectual property rights? lol ... must have been a slow news day.
    Hey, when you got it, you got it, it'd be wrong not to share.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hey, when you got it, you got it, it'd be wrong not to share.
    Yep, like pulling your g-string on backwards I suppose ... not that I'd know or anything ... a thong in my day was what you wore to the Bacchus Ball.

Don't take this the wrong way Titanic, but I think you should be on a register somewhere.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way Titanic, but I think you should be on a register somewhere.
    None taken, are you related to my wife?