Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: London Olympics

Thank god we are ahead of New Zeland now thanks to Gold medals from Anna Mears and Sally Pearson! Who would have thought we would be hearing our anthem so rarely. Makes you value them all the more.

Sad to see Diamond bomb out in shooting after such an amazing round. The burden of favouritism must be crushing.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Glad it's over
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Glad it's over
    It was a great Olympics, but not for Australia.

So much drama and amazing moments.

I really enjoyed it and can't believe another Olympics has been and gone.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just returned from London (so that explains my absence), it was a friggin' brilliant and amazing experience to see over 200.000 people cluttered in different venues. I was mostly watching gymnastics with my sister, since we have a rich history in this sport, but also made it to the Olympic Stadium. Or, well, actually from a 500m distance, since you were not allowed to get close to the stadium if you didn't have a ticket. So in the Stratford Mall just outside the stadium, was just packed with people.

It was fun to be in the crowds when Brazil-Mexico played their final match, and it was also fun how the Brits were cheering for their contenders, even when the athlete had no chance of reaching a final . The Dutch may take an example of such spirited people . As for the medal tally, the Netherlands was quite disappointed with their 13th rank, as they did much better at the 2000 Sydney Games, but I think they shouldn't complain with a total of 20 medals, from which 6 golds (including an Artistic Gymnastics medal, which was never obtained in the modern era -- Dutch public opinion voted that as the most beautiful medal won).

I will definitely go to Rio 2016 .
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan