Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Yes it has happened a number of times. If you are really wanting to watch it live, find a good Internet stream. Please don't ask for or post any links in this thread though. PM is your friend.
    anyone who wants good websites to watch live streaming footy then pm me.

i will link you to the site(s).
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

A little birdie told me that a couple of long/short down town kicks should be able to get our wingers into play tomorrow night
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

They'd want to be better than last week ... the other Minichiello is one of the best positioned fullbacks in the comp and Anasta at chargedowns. Titans x 6.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The TV guide for Nine Brisbane reads:

"Wide World of Sports presents Sydney Roosters versus Gold Coast Titans, live from Allianz Stadium, Sydney. Join Andrew Voss, Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler for all the action, post match interviews and analysis"

So maybe we won't have to put up with Hadley after all. I personally love Vossy on commentary though.

Brilliant. Vossy, Lockyer and Fittler. Ill take that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    A little birdie told me that a couple of long/short down town kicks should be able to get our wingers into play tomorrow night
    One of my favourite plays that I've seen us do is right off a scrum, Prince just booted it down field for Gordon to catch and score. I've only seen this play once and it almost worked too! Hopefully similar style plays, like what Sezer tried last week will feature a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    The TV guide for Nine Brisbane reads:

So maybe we won't have to put up with Hadley after all. I personally love Vossy on commentary though.
    I think Hadley is a great commentator, he talks about the game and doesn't talk about yellow boots and the block.

I don't get why people dislike him tbh.

Hadley is a great radio commentator, he'll get better on the TV, but it's a different style of commentry.
    He still over describes everything, he needs to learn that people can see whats happening.

And I want to punch him through the TV every time he says 'wing three-quarter'.
    I know it's the technical term, but you don't have to say it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    They'd want to be better than last week ... the other Minichiello is one of the best positioned fullbacks in the comp and Anasta at chargedowns. Titans x 6.
    Mini is the one they will be targeting, he is by far the slowest fullback in the comp and the closer the scrum is to our tryline the better. I hope Anasta charges it down with his head.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gold Coast Titans not bothered by Jamal Idris bellringers

Titans coach John Cartwright, with power Souths furious at Inglis' NRL ban Critics say NRL reviews reacting to inju Hayne ruled out for the NRL season

Titans coach John Cartwright, with powerhouse centre Jamal Idris, is confident his charge can keep his lethal tackles legal. Picture: Jerad Williams Source: The Courier-Mail

GOLD Coast hitman Jamal Idris has a licence to thrill with his brutal shoulder charges with coach John Cartwright confident the giant centre can keep his big hits legal amid the NRL crackdown on high contact.

With the three-game suspension to Greg Inglis having some players fearful at the loss of the physicality of rugby league, Cartwright insisted he would not instruct Idris to change his aggressive defensive tactics despite the threat of bans now confronting players for shots gone wrong.

Idris flattened Alex Glenn with a bellringer last week and has expressed concern about the direction of league's new shoulder charge crackdown.

But Cartwright is adamant the 120kg centre can keep the physicality in his game because he knows how to control it.

"It's within the rules and if you get it right it can be a huge momentum turner," Cartwright said. "(Idris) hasn't had an issue with it. He seems to get it right, he seems to know when and where not to do it.

"It's generally an instinctive thing and when it is instinctive it's like a habit, it's hard to break. When a guy gets the ball at the line and you can put a shot on him that's when it generally happens.

"If they do change that law in the game and ban it, it is going to take a lot of work to break some habits."

Idris has excelled since switching to the right side of the attack and the Titans will need him at his best tonight when they meet the struggling Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium in Sydney.

Titans captain Scott Prince admitted the Gold Coast were wary of the damage that could be inflicted upon their finals charge by a team playing without pressure or expectation.

"This one is a bit of a danger game for us. The Roosters are a quality team, a bit inconsistent this year but certainly when they're on we're going to have to be on full alert," Prince said.

The Titans are 10th and one of five teams locked on 20 competition points, one win outside the top eight and needing a storming finish to qualify for the finals.

While Prince admitted he had taken a "sneak peak" at the NRL ladder, Cartwright put their finals ambitions into a harsh reality.

"We've got to win pretty much the majority of our games, which would put you pretty close to winning eight in a row," Cartwright said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I think Hadley is a great commentator, he talks about the game and doesn't talk about yellow boots and the block.

I think he is an ordinary commentator. If you go over the top like he does with that annoying tone you are bound to rub alot of ppl the wrong way
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I think he is an ordinary commentator. If you go over the top like he does with that annoying tone you are bound to rub alot of ppl the wrong way
    +1
    He's a very good radio commentator & that's where he should stay
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post

Hadley is the most critical guy in Rugby League...I want to get excited about a game, not get dragged down into his negative world.

He's very critical of the referee calls...even if they are boaderline.

If an attacking team makes a break but doesn't score...he'll commentate the bust as a blown try and doesn't reward the original bust and what skill was used to create it.
    He doesn't know what skills are used to create opportunities and thats an important part of commentating Rugby League.

He has degraded Friday night footy and there are a lot of people saying it.

What gets me about rugby league commentators in general is that they are always pooh-poohing the sport, players, refs and rules. If you listen to any other sport and I mean any then you hear them talking it up ... as for Hadley, his voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    One of my favourite plays that I've seen us do is right off a scrum, Prince just booted it down field for Gordon to catch and score. I've only seen this play once and it almost worked too! Hopefully similar style plays, like what Sezer tried last week will feature a bit more.
    Yep awesome play
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcixbgZqB4