Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Junior

Hi guys,
    Firstly hello, this is one of my first posts after lurking in the shadows for the last couple of seasons.
    About the coverage, it is really quite odd as my understanding is that Channel 9 require one Queensland team to go live on a Friday night. Hence the reason the Broncos play 90% of their on a Friday night.
    Hoping that it is just a mix up in the guides and at least on of the stations (I get both 9 and NBN also) has it live. Even better hopefully 9 don't get the rights next year and the NRL take the lead of the AFL with every game live in HD (and all Suns and Lions Games live, in HD on FTA)
    Hopefully the boys string together a complete 80 minutes and can come away with a good win!
    Cheers
    JA

Default Gordon on ice but right to rip

Travis Meyn | 08:04am July 25, 2012

WHILE his Titans teammates hit the training paddock to finetune their preparations during the week, Kevin Gordon sits in the Centre of Excellence with ice strapped to his knee.

It's been a familiar scenario for the fan favourite this year, who has been plagued by the after-effects of last season's knee reconstruction.

Gordon was struck down by an anterior cruciate ligament rupture in round 2 of last year and he is still yet to return to the force he was before.

The 22-year-old flyer has been in solid form since returning in round 4 this season but admits the struggles of a constantly aching knee are taking their toll.

Gordon copped a knock in the Titans' loss to the Warriors recently and getting ready for matches has been a struggle since.

He missed the team's field session yesterday and revealed he would be battling inflammation and scar tissue for the rest of the season.

Gordon will have surgery in the off-season.

"I've been icing it up and resting it up during the week until the day before game day when I get a session in," he said.

"I should be right until the end of the season. I just can't train a lot. It's more physio and rehab.

"The kneecap is never loose. It's always locked up. It makes it really sore."

Despite the constant pain Gordon has played every match since his return.

Coach John Cartwright has been thrilled with his left winger but Gordon has been more critical of his form.

"I could be doing a bit better," he said.

"You know you haven't trained all week but you have to try and stay confident."

Gordon has scored six tries in his 14 appearances this year and is averaging just under 100m a match.

The Skilled Park faithful are yet to see him streak away with a sizzling intercept but Gordon knows it will happen. It's just a matter of time.

"I've been pretty happy. Since I made my comeback I've played every game. I'm pretty happy about that," he said.

Gordon will partner Steve Michaels on the left edge against the Roosters on Friday with Greg Bird named to make his comeback from a troublesome pectoral injury.

Lock Ashley Harrison will miss at least another week with his broken big toe still too painful to play but Ben Ridge will return from a minor pectoral tear.
    #itaintweaktospeak

this is a shame, as im sure he and the club were hoping for a great pre season to get him in shape and back to top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Firstly hello, this is one of my first posts after lurking in the shadows for the last couple of seasons.
    About the coverage, it is really quite odd as my understanding is that Channel 9 require one Queensland team to go live on a Friday night. Hence the reason the Broncos play 90% of their on a Friday night.
    Hoping that it is just a mix up in the guides and at least on of the stations (I get both 9 and NBN also) has it live. Even better hopefully 9 don't get the rights next year and the NRL take the lead of the AFL with every game live in HD (and all Suns and Lions Games live, in HD on FTA)
    Hopefully the boys string together a complete 80 minutes and can come away with a good win!
    Cheers
    JA
    Welcome to the forums!

We have a lot to look forward to next year. Nine are supposed to be one of our major sponsors as well, what a joke.

BREAKING NEWS: LATE CHANGE TO FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

9 will be showing the Titans v Easts game live into QLD on channel 9!!

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Cheers
    JA
    Your spot on about 9 mate - RUBBISH!!

I watch every game every week except for the 9 game on Sunday and the late one on Friday. I won't watch footy on delay and I won't watch it with ads.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Made my day!

Spewin', we'll be lumbered with Hadley's drivel then..

Where's Roy 'n HG when ya need em!

Well Ill be damned!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

No Masoe is a real plus for us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Spewin', we'll be lumbered with Hadley's drivel then..

Where's Roy 'n HG when ya need em!
    Start doing what I do. Watch the game without the volume up on your TV. I know all the players and I know all the rules - I don't need some idiot giving me his (usually biased and inaccurate) take on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    No Masoe is a real plus for us.
    Id rather the Roosters be at full strength in their forward pack. They are by far the dumbest collection of penalty givers in the comp.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Roosters v Titans preview

Nigel Wall NRL.com Wed, Jul 25, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans
    Allianz Stadium
    Friday 7.35pm

Could the Titans be the bolters for the 2012 premiership? Certainly many are making a case for them to follow in the footsteps of recent-season late-bloomers Parramatta, the Roosters and Warriors and push all the way to the decider following their rousing back-to-back wins over the Raiders and Broncos.

Victory over heavyweights Brisbane last Friday elevated the Gold Coast to 10th on the ladder, the second-highest ranked of five sides on 20 competition points ? and just one win away from the eighth-placed Wests Tigers.

It?s been a remarkable turnaround from John Cartwright?s charges after they lost seven of their opening nine games to register their worst start to an NRL season since joining the league in 2007. However, they cannot afford a lapse against the struggling Roosters given they have brutal match-ups with the Rabbitohs and Storm over the next fortnight.

Meanwhile the Roosters? alarming lack of intensity over the past two months was evident yet again last Sunday when they succumbed 28-16 to Penrith. The defeat was their seventh from their past nine starts, with a win over the Wests Tigers and a draw with the Sharks their only joy since Round 9. Languishing in 14th place on the ladder they are now out of the playoffs picture, with inflicting pain on remaining semi-finals candidates their sole motivation before their end-of-season trip.

Brian Smith has tweaked the Roosters? backline this week, with Tautau Moga returning on one wing and Kiwi Schoolboys rookie Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacing Adam Henry on the other. BJ Leilua shifts to centre, with Mitchell Aubusson hitting the bench.

In the forwards, Frank-Paul Nuuausala will start at prop, with Tinirau Arona to lock the scrum. Martin Kennedy, who had his nose broken by Travis Burns? high shot last week, has been named on an extended bench, with Lama Tasi the new face.

Meanwhile Titans coach John Cartwright welcomes back hard man Greg Bird, who slots into the second row with Nate Myles reverting to lock and Luke O?Dwyer bumped to the bench. Their new faces on the interchange are Ben Ridge and Michael Henderson.

Recent history show a win here is vital if the Titans are to progress beyond Round 26 ? after 20 rounds last season no team outside the top eight was able to force their way into the finals.

Watch Out Roosters: Fullback William Zillman is in irresistible form, having crafted a combination with halfback Scott Prince that resembles dynamic Melbourne duo Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk. After decimating the Raiders with 240 metres, 17 tackle busts and five line-breaks a fortnight ago Zillman backed up with 212 metres, three line-breaks and 12 tackle-breaks against Brisbane. His scything turn-around counter-attack play off a Prince pass yielded the Titans their first points last week ? given the Roosters have conceded the second-most tries from turnovers the tricolours will need to stay focused on their kick chases. Meanwhile the Roosters are the only team in the NRL yet to score from a turnover.

If the Roosters let the Titans make headway up the guts early they could struggle to stay in the contest. The Titans average the fifth-most metres each week, while the Roosters struggle for field position with just the second fewest. Titans forwards to look out for include Greg Bird (132 metres ? most by any second-rower), Nate Myles (116 metres), Luke Douglas (103 metres) and Luke Bailey (100 metres ? and 169 last week).

Centre Jamal Idris (six line-breaks, five line-break assists) and winger David Mead (eight tries) are forming a dangerous combination on the right side of the field. BJ Leilua and Tautau Moga beware!

Danger Sign: The Titans may have scored a measly 11 tries off the boot but you can expect Scott Prince to target the flanks with some high balls this week given the Roosters defuse cross-field bombs poorly (only 45 per cent), contributing to their 19 tries conceded to kicks (second most).

Watch Out Titans: The Titans? ?A? and ?B? defenders need to be switched on given the Roosters? dummy-halves have stolen six line-break assists so far (second most). And they need to ensure they have two markers at all times ? Shaun Kenny-Dowall pounced for a try the last time they met when a miscommunication saw them present just one marker 10 metres out from their try-line.

Boyd Cordner has been a find for the Roosers in 2012. Not only has he stiffened their defence (more than 30 tackles in each of his past four games) but along with Aiden Guerra they have proven adept at finding the try-line (combining for nine tries). Cordner is coming off the back of a personal record for metres in a match, making 121 against the Panthers last week. He?ll be up on confidence and switched on.

Danger Sign: With nothing to lose the Roosters may throw caution to the wind and attempt to blow the Titans off the park with serious razzle-dazzle. Already they lead all teams for tackle busts (36 a game) and make the fourth-most offloads each week (12.1). Their backline is the key, with powerful runners BJ Leilua (79 tackle-breaks), Anthony Minichiello (58) and Shaun Kenny-Dowall (52) certain to threaten. If the passes stick they could easily rack up a score in front of their home crowd.

Mitchell Pearce v Scott Prince: A cracking battle between two outstanding halfbacks. Pearce has come under plenty of fire of late from critics who question his ability to size up correct attacking options but there?s no doubting his ability to keep the ball alive ? his 23 offloads are the most by any No.7. Meanwhile Prince ranks second to Cooper Cronk for try assists by a halfback (with 15); incredibly the Titans have not needed his creative input in their current two-game winning streak ? what will happen if he cuts loose here? However, his kicking game over the past few weeks has been awesome ? he booted 674 metres to keep the Broncos at bay last week, registering the fourth-most kick metres of his 272-game career.

Where It Will Be Won: Keeping mistakes to a minimum. The Roosters make the most errors every week (averaging 11.6), the Titans the next most (11.5). However, over the past fortnight the Titans have made just six errors in each of their wins over the Raiders and Brisbane. Whichever team limits their dropped balls and is able to sustain pressure will gain a huge advantage.

The History: Played 9; Titans 5, Roosters 4. The Titans have won five of the past eight clashes. Victory has alternated between each side over the past six outings, leaving the Titans due for the win here if that trend were to continue. Six of their clashes have been decided by single figures.

The Last Time They Met: The Titans plummeted to the bottom of the NRL ladder when defeated 18-12 by the Roosters at Skilled Park in Round 6 ? incurring their fifth defeat in a row to mark their worst ever start to a season.

It certainly wasn?t pretty on both sides of the arena: in a mistake-strewn encounter the Roosters managed to overcome a woeful 55 per cent completions rate and 18 errors to grab the win. By comparison the Titans were only marginally better, with 62 per cent completions and 17 errors.

The Roosters were first to post points in the 14th minute when centre Shaun Kenny-Dowall caught the Titans? marker defenders napping out of dummy-half, breaking through some flimsy tackle attempts in a 10-metre rush to the try-line.

The Gold Coast struck back eight minutes later when winger David Mead crossed for the first of his two tries on the right edge. That saw the sides head to halftime with a 6-all scoreline; however the deadlock was broken 12 minutes after the resumption of play when Kenny-Dowall crossed for his second try, latching onto a deft Braith Anasta grubber kick into the in-goal down the right fringe.

Just two minutes after the restart of play the Titans? chances of victory looked shot when Anthony Minichiello scored under the posts off a smart inside pass from Mitchell Pearce for an 18-6 lead with 24 minutes remaining.

Mead?s second try off a William Zillman pass gave the home fans a glimmer of hope with seven minutes remaining, however that was where their challenge ended.

The Roosters were best served by halves Anasta and Pearce as well as fullback Minichiello who provided a game-high 24 runs.

Ashley Harrison (18 runs and a line bust) and David Mead (three line-breaks and two tries) tried hard for the Titans.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Phil Haines; Sideline Officials ? Adam Reid & Clayton Sharpe; Video Referee ? Phil Cooley.

The Way We See It: After squandering their chances against the Warriors with a dismal 55 per cent completion rate in Round 18 the Titans have really respected the Steeden over the past fortnight, completing their sets in excess of 80 per cent each match. That?s what?s required to be successful at the business end of the season. Given the Roosters have been hit-and-miss for the majority of 2012 it?s tough to get warm about the home team?s chances. The visitors have too much to play for and it should be reflected in their attitude. Titans by eight points.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 7.30pm (Qld), delayed 9.30pm (NSW); Fox Sports 2 ? Delayed 1am.

?
    #itaintweaktospeak

Start doing what I do. Watch the game without the volume up on your TV. I know all the players and I know all the rules - I don't need some idiot giving me his (usually biased and inaccurate) take on the game.
    +1 It actually works quite well....

Don't let Hadley sour what will be another great win from our boys
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Id rather the Roosters be at full strength in their forward pack. They are by far the dumbest collection of penalty givers in the comp.
    This is exactly what I was thinking but oh well, our forward pack will dominate them anyway.