Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Argh! That really sucks but as long as it's not the halves and hooker, we should have enough depth to cover any position.

So who steps in? I am guessing this will mean a bit of a shuffle.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I would be more than happy for Ridge to be there anyway. A half done, part injured Harrison is not what we need this week.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Isn't Ridge injured (another Pec injury)?

Now we'll see how "minor".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Dare I say it but I saw Michaels do it to a fullback last weekend and Zillman and Mead in other games but I would doubt Gordon's confidence on that leg to step at speed.
    Raiders forum turned against Robinson for missing the Michaels tackle which I thought was being very harsh. He was at long odds to stop a flying winger at full speed.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Norman, Sezer set for blockbuster clash
    Travis Meyn | 12:01am July 20, 2012

THEY are two of the most exciting young five-eighth talents in the game and tonight's Titans-Broncos blockbuster could be decided by the performances of Corey Norman and Aidan Sezer.

Beenleigh product Norman has stepped into the big empty shoes of the retired Darren Lockyer in style, providing the perfect foil for halfback Peter Wallace.

Sezer has been a revelation since donning the Titans' No. 6 in round 7, playing every match since then and stamping himself as a genuine NRL pivot. Statistics obtained by The Bulletin show the opposites have been dominant playmakers for their teams this year and tonight's Skilled Park showdown could come down to which youngster fires under pressure.

Norman's 17 matches this season have yielded six tries, eight linebreaks, 12 linebreak assists and 12 try assists, while Sezer's 11 appearances have resulted in five linebreak assists and six try assists for him.

Sezer will battle through a painful hand injury to partner Scott Prince in the halves tonight.

However, lock Ashley Harrison yesterday ruled himself out after failing to recover from a broken toe.

The Titans have their worst winning percentage against the Broncos, winning just three of 12 matches between the southeast Queensland rivals, and Brisbane has won the past six encounters.

Gold Coast is battling to keep its season alive and coach John Cartwright said the 21-year-old Sezer would manage the hand injury for the remainder of the year.

"It (hand strapping) was more precautionary than anything," he said.

"The main thing was he got through the (training) session and had no ill effects from it.

"He'll just strap it and keep it tight. He'll probably have to do that for the rest of the year."

Sezer and Norman's clash is an exciting prospect but Cartwright played down the match-up between the two.

"They (media) like to talk that up but it's not very often they come face-to-face," he said.

"They're both five-eighths and whoever can get their side on towards a victory will get the headlines, but it's very seldom they come up opposite each other.

"It's typical of young guys that come through these days.

"Confidence is never much of an issue, which is what you need to play at this level. The best thing for Aidan is that he's got a mile of improvement in him as well."

Prince has returned to near his best form since Sezer's introduction into the top team, with the five-eighth taking much of the pressure off his skipper.

Sezer is averaging nearly 10 kicks a match, relieving Prince of a duty that's been solely his for some time.

Prince said Sezer had dealt with the hand injury well this week and his "toughness and character" would take him far.

"He's overcoming an injury in his hand but he trained really well," he said.

"I think you'll find, being a young guy and overcoming a serious injury in his knee last year ... shows his toughness and character."
    #itaintweaktospeak

I bet there is a 0% chance that the Broncos turn it up for Parker's 250th the way we did for Bull and Presto. A significant Broncos milestone is the last thing we need heading into this game.

In the past 5 derby's we are averaging:
    8 points for
    24.4 points against

Apalling...

I have not much confidence going into this game, but i am still hopeful. I wont be there tonight so no doubt they will win, seems when i dont go we win at home.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I bet there is a 0% chance that the Broncos turn it up for Parker's 250th the way we did for Bull and Presto. A significant Broncos milestone is the last thing we need heading into this game.
    At least it's not our milestone, so it shouldn't count against us right?

I'm just disappointed Bodene couldn't play in Coreys milestone

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I wont be there tonight so no doubt they will win, seems when i dont go we win at home.
    You better stay the **** home for the rest of the season then eh?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I have not much confidence going into this game, but i am still hopeful. I wont be there tonight so no doubt they will win, seems when i dont go we win at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You better stay the **** home for the rest of the season then eh?
    Can I suggest that you start attending Tigers matches...

For anyone interested, ISelect is giving away 20 double passes at the Titanium Bar around 12:30. Look for the chick in the Titans jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Can I suggest that you start attending Tigers matches...
    In a Tigers jersey just to be sure...
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Last Time Played: Titans v Broncos

NRL.com Fri, Jul 20, 2012 - 12:00 PM

A dominant first-half display inspired by young five-eighth Corey Norman saw Brisbane power to an impressive 26-6 win at Suncorp Stadium back in Round 8.

Norman had a hand in three Broncos tries as he proved himself a worthy successor to the great Darren Lockyer; however it was Alex Glenn who got the ball rolling when he picked up the scraps of a Peter Wallace bomb in the 11th minute before dashing over next to the posts. Norman then threw a superb short ball for Glenn to crash over for his second and it was soon 16-0 as Andrew McCullough darted over from dummy-half.

Poor ball-handling didn’t help the Titans’ cause as they surrendered 62 per cent of the first half possession to their opponents, with Brisbane surging to a 20-0 lead at half-time following a swift backline move that sent Gerard Beale over in the corner.

The Titans finally responded shortly after the break with a well-worked try of their own for Dominique Peyroux to crash over; however Norman would have the last say with a stunning piece of play that saw him toe ahead a Glenn pass, kick again off the ground then tap the ball back inside for Josh Hoffman to race away and score between the sticks.

The Titans made 14 errors and were forced to make an extra 88 tackles than their opponents, with winger David Mead one of their better performers on his way to 148 metres and five tackle-breaks.

Corey Parker worked tirelessly for the home side with 155 metres from 23 runs and 35 tackles.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'm nervous giuse.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER