Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

I'm tipping the Refs (upstairs 'n downstairs) will hand the Ponies the win here..

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I'm tipping the Refs (upstairs 'n downstairs) will hand the Ponies the win here..
    QFT!
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Thaiday/Hodges 1000> Michaels = Trouble
    Last edited by Titanic; 18-07-12 at 07:29 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Thaiday/Hodges 1000> Michaels = Trouble
    Agreed. It is a REALLY worrying factor for us. Michaels on the wing fine, but I don't rate him defensively in the centres.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Coal Train was the cause of one of our golden point losses, when he sent Prince from the field with a busted arm. I ****en hated him for that for years
    Haha me too! That pretty much ended our 2007 season and I still remember it to this day!

The overview on this game is correct, if the Titans allow the Donkeys field position they will bomb the crap out of the edges and more than likely come up with repeat sets which will end in tries.

Im confident this team running out on Friday night will keep the Donks kicking from within their own half. If this happens I think our back 3 will cause problems.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I just have a little question: can anybody give me an example when any of our back three have beaten their opposition one on one? I have seen them out jump them and in two of their cases out run them but one on one we are lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I just have a little question: can anybody give me an example when any of our back three have beaten their opposition one on one? I have seen them out jump them and in two of their cases out run them but one on one we are lacking
    I havnt seen many wingers in the comp beat their man one on one. In this day and age it's a rarity. When I said cause problems I meant eat up the metres from kick returns and put the side on the front foot.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Im really glad the weather seems to be improving, I was worried we might have a wet weather derby.

We need good footy, a good crowd and a Titans victory.

Anyone got a crowd predicton? Legion is sold out, which isnt really an indication of the crowd as a whole.

Are the Broncos trying to move fans? As all away clubs, they should as their duty.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bird rules out return in NRL derby clash

INJURED NSW Origin star Greg Bird says he won't jeopardise Gold Coast's NRL's finals push by fast-tracking his return to play in the NRL derby clash with Brisbane on Friday night.

The tough backrower was not named in the Titans' squad for the match but was still expected to test the pectoral injury suffered in the Origin finale and push for selection.

However, Bird today said he would miss the game in order to ensure he was fully fit for the rest of the Titans' push toward the finals.

"If it was a semi-final I may be able to push for this week but we have some pretty important games after this one so I am going to rest up," Bird said.

"There is (a temptation) but if I come back and re-injure it like I did at the last Origin it will probably rule me out for the rest of the season.

"I will sacrifice this game for the last six."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Glowing praise for Parker ahead of 250th Broncos game

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin paid a glowing tribute to Corey Parker who will line up in his 250th game for the Broncos against the Gold Coast on Friday night in some of the best form of his NRL career.

The 30-year-old goal-kicking lock will become the sixth Bronco after Darren Lockyer (366), Michael Hancock (297), Allan Langer (288), Andrew Gee (279) and Shane Webcke (263) to reach the milestone.

Parker, who scored a try in his first game for the Broncos in 2001, started his career in the front row but is now firmly established as the side’s starting lock as an 80-minute a game player.

‘‘Corey is a real pro and extremely diligent in all his habits,’’ said Griffin on Thursday.

Advertisement ‘‘He’s very diligent with his training habits, his rehab, his diet.‘‘He’s very mentally tough, he can play with injuries and he recovers from injuries quicker.

‘‘He turns four week injuries into two and he turned bumps that might keep other players out into something he can carry.

‘‘His mental toughness is one of his great assets.’’

Some of that was evident after Parker suffered a nasty gash that opened his shin to the bone playing for Queensland in the second State of Origin game in June.

Despite medical opinion he would certainly miss the third Origin game he made a stunning recovery to secure his place in the series’ decider.

Griffin said Brisbane expected to confront a Titans side with a do-or-die attitude at Skilled Park on Friday night.

Despite reports Greg Bird (pectoral muscle) would not take the field Griffin said Brisbane had trained expecting the NSW Origin hit man to play.

Young winger Lachlan Maranta will play his third game for the Broncos on the wing for the injured Dale Copley and Griffin said he expected the Titans to test the youngster out.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/

Titanium Unlicensed
    Gold Unlicensed
    Legion

Above all sold out. Hopefully we can see more tickets go soon.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I havnt seen many wingers in the comp beat their man one on one.
    Dare I say it but I saw Michaels do it to a fullback last weekend and Zillman and Mead in other games but I would doubt Gordon's confidence on that leg to step at speed.

Harrison in injury doubt for NRL derby

Queensland State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison is in serious doubt for Friday night's NRL derby showdown with Brisbane after breaking down at training on Thursday.

Harrison, who missed the series-deciding third Origin game earlier this month with a fractured big toe and hasn't played since, lasted less than 20 minutes before quitting the Titans' final session on the Gold Coast.

Coach John Cartwright virtually ruled him out on the spot but will delay making it official until Friday morning.

"It didn't look good. He's pretty honest, Harro (Harrison). If he was right to play, he would have finished the session," said Cartwright.

"I'd say he'll be out tomorrow."

Cartwright said while it would have been great to have Harrison on deck against Brisbane, it "wouldn't get us down".

"There's nothing we can do about it, we'll have a chat about it and make some decisions in the morning."

***k!

Looks like Harro is out. He would have been good against his old club. But it'd be a stretch.