12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. James
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Falloon
    18. Henderson
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Jamal Idris
    4. Dominique Peyroux
    5. David Mead
    6. Jordan Rankin
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Matt Srama
    10. Luke Douglas
    11. Ben Ridge
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Nate Myles

14. Matt White
    15. Ryan James
    16. Luke O'Dwyer
    17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Beau Falloon

Unless Carty keeps Ranga in the mix, which is possible......
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Michaels
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. James
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Falloon
    18. Henderson
    I was close!
    Michaels instead of Peyroux
    Sezer instead of Rankin
    Harro in for Ridge
    Falloon instead of Lawrence

I'm happy with that team.
    Ranga went well last week, and I'm sure he'll turn up for one against his old team. Good chance he'll switch sides with Idris at some stage if not the whole game.
    At least James got in over Hendo!
    I'd prefer Lawrence in but I'm ok with Falloon.
    Shame about Ridge, but at least Harro steps back in.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Harrison back for local derby clash

Wayne Heming AAP Tue, Jul 17, 2012 - 12:58 PM

Gold Coast's representative lock Ashley Harrison will return from injury in Friday night's NRL derby with Brisbane but Greg Bird was not in coach John Cartwright's squad on Tuesday.

Bird (pectoral muscle) had been hoping to return for the Skilled Park blockbuster and could still be a late inclusion if he improves further by Thursday.

The Titans, who need to upset Brisbane to stay in the race for the top eight, will have young winger David Mead back after he missed the win over Canberra to attend his father's funeral in Papua New Guinea last week.

Harrison is back earlier than expected after he was ruled out of this month's State of Origin series with a fractured big toe.

Forward leaders Luke Bailey and Nate Myles have both declared they will play despite carrying injuries.

Bailey played with a pain-killing injection and protective padding on his damaged ribs against the Raiders and may need a needle again to take the field on Friday night.

Utility back Steve Michaels, who grabbed a brace of tries on the wing in Mead's absence, will move to the centers while utility Luke O'Dwyer drops back to the bench as cover for injured forward Ben Ridge (pectoral muscle).

In further good news five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been named after scans cleared him of a fractured hand.

Cartwright has further bulked up the size adding 121kg giant Ryan James to a squad already featuring intimidating centre Jamal Idris at an imposing 127kg.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ive never heard of a centre weighing 127kg! Not in the modern era.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I got mates at work telling me the Titans will definitely beat the Donkeys this week.

I just stare through them in hope.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Every time I see Michaels named in the centres I get worried.

127kg wow im 6 foot 3 and he has over 40kg on me ahahahh

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

Cartwright has further bulked up the size adding 121kg giant Ryan James to a squad already featuring intimidating centre Jamal Idris at an imposing 127kg.
    And to that for next Year Dave Taylor +120kg

I hope they throw their weight around Friday night!
    It's a shame we won't get to see Bodene chase Corey around....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I got mates at work telling me the Titans will definitely beat the Donkeys this week.

I just stare through them in hope.
    Obviously u work with extremely intelligent people
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    And to that for next Year Dave Taylor +120kg

I hope they throw their weight around Friday night!
    It's a shame we won't get to see Bodene chase Corey around....
    Mate i'm hoping our young fella in James takes on that task
    #itaintweaktospeak

Donkeys
    1. Josh Hoffman
    2. Gerard Beale
    3. Alex Glenn
    4. Justin Hodges
    5. Lachlan Maranta
    6. Corey Norman
    7. Peter Wallace
    8. Josh McGuire
    9. Andrew McCullough
    10. Petero Civoniceva
    11. Matt Gillett
    12. Sam Thaiday
    13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
    15. Ben Te'o
    16. Mitchell Dodds
    17. Ben Hannant
    18. Dunamis Lui

http://www.broncos.com.au/bronco-tv

Brisbane Broncos' Alex Glenn set to take on Gold Coast Titans' Jamal Idris in Queensland derby

BRISBANE's Mr Fixit Alex Glenn has been handed the ominous task of shutting down Titans giant Jamal Idris in Friday night's Queensland derby at Skilled Park.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin was initially toying with the idea of naming Glenn on Brisbane's left flank outside Ben Te'o following the loss of left-side duo Dale Copley and Jack Reed, both to a fractured leg, in consecutive matches.

But it is understood Glenn will start at left centre, while rookie winger Lachlan Maranta is tipped to replace Copley for the crucial clash with the Titans, who must win to keep their slim finals hopes alive.

The 199cm Idris terrorised Canberra in his best game for the club last Sunday but Kiwi Test star Glenn, who tips the scales at 101kg and has been a defensive rock in the back row this season, is well equipped to stop him.

Glenn failed to train this morning for the second consecutive session due to calf soreness, but Broncos coach Anthony Griffin insists he is a certain starter.

Five-eighth Corey Norman is also expected to face the Titans, despite sitting out today's slick training run at Red Hill to rest a minor groin complaint.

Broncos winger Gerard Beale backed Glenn to handle his much-vaunted backline showdown with Idris, who is 19cm taller and 16kg heavier than the Brisbane utility.

"Alex is our leading tryscorer this year so he will still do his best to get over the line," Beale said.

"Reed and Dale (Copley) are a loss, they both add a spark to the side, but in saying that the new guys (Glenn and Maranta) add a different spark which is good."

Asked if Glenn and Norman were in doubt for the derby, Beale added: "It's been a long season so they may have pulled up a bit sore (from the Warriors game last week). But they will be there Friday night."

Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough said the Broncos are wary of Titans hardmen Luke Bailey and Nate Myles, who are primed to rip and tear despite taking rib and sternum injuries into the clash.

"They are tough players and if they are fit they will be good to go," he said.

"Nate showed in Origin just how tough he is, he was outstanding and Luke Bailey has played for Australia as well, they are the toughest players at the Titans.

"The Titans have improved a bit in the last few weeks and they are getting their combinations right.

"They always turn up against us so we're preparing for a really physical game."

http://www.couriermail.com.au

Hoffman playing through pain for Broncos

Brisbane fullback Josh Hoffman will carry a sternum injury into Friday night's NRL derby clash with Gold Coast, aware he may have to manage the painful chest ailment into the finals.

"I sort of kept that a bit quiet," said the gritty Hoffman, who took a severe hammering from South Sydney star Greg Inglis recently before copping another battering from an aggressive Warriors last weekend.

"I've been getting banged up in a few games, a few head knocks and injuries.

"It was a bit sore after doing a bit of contact so hopefully it pulls up ok for Friday because they can be painful to play with."

He has been training with a chest guard to minimise bruising.

"It can get hard to breathe sometimes but it's having that mentality to play through it," he said.

Hoffman produced a clutch play against the Warriors last weekend by cutting down tryline-bound giant Manu Vatuvei with less than a minute remaining.

He wasn't thinking too much about confronting a rampaging Jamal Idris if he breaks Brisbane's defensive line on Friday night.

"It was scary when Manu broke the line and I had him coming at me," smiled the young fullback.

"It'll be a tough challenge if Idris gets through but hopefully the boys do a good job of controlling him."

The potential damage the 127kg Idris could cause Brisbane's cursed left side defence - which has lost English international Jack Reed and Dale Copley to broken legs in the past few weeks - was a big talking point today.

But Idris, who has more tackle busts (46) than any Titan other than fullback William Zillman (55), may have his hands full defending stand-in centre Alex Glenn, Brisbane's leading try scorer with nine so far this season.

Glenn is a much better defender than Idris who because of his sheer size can at times get found out when forced to change direction quickly.

"Alex has got some really good footwork and hopefully he can catch Idris on his heavy foot and get a few tries," said Hoffman.

"Idris though is pretty dangerous. He's very physical, he's a big boy. He's going to be hard to contain so we're going to get as many players in the tackle as possible."

Hoffman is pleased young winger Lachlan Maranta will play his third NRL game to replace Copley.

Maranta has been foolproof in his two games against North Queensland and Cronulla, getting through 160 minutes without a single error while making almost 100 metres a game.

"He's improved every game he's played. I'm glad Hook (coach Anthony Griffin) picked him for the job because I really enjoy having him there," Hoffman said.

The Titans have named representative lock Ashley Harrison and flying winger David Mead who missed last weekend's win over Canberra to attend his father's funeral in Papua New Guinea.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au

Ah can't wait for this game! If Bird is a late inclusion, I'll be feeling pretty damn confident in a win. I'm a little iffy on Michaels in the centres but he played well last week and maybe it'll be like Zillman and he'll play a great game against his old team.