Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Idris will be marking Hodges on our left side.
    Depending on how Carty lines up our right side, it will be O'Dwyer or Peyroux marking Glenn.

Also, Copely is out with a broken leg. So it'll likely be:
    Kev\Idris vs Rookie\Hodges
    Mead\Peyroux vs Beale\Glenn or Mead\O'Dwyer vs Beale\Glenn
    Unless Carty keeps Ranga in the mix, which is possible......
    That rookie would be Maranta or Whitchurch. I think I'd rather have Copely in though. From what I've seen of him, he hasn't been too impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Idris will be marking Hodges on our left side
    Was I dreaming last week? I thought he started Idris on the right and O'Dwyer on the left which after the opening crap worked pretty well.

Hodges will own Idris who can't defend laterally but O'Dwyer will haul him down, whereas Idris can confront either of the backrows they can play in the centres. Gordon can deal with Maranta but Whitchurch looks like one of those lanky, boney ****s. Mead running off Idris is better than Gordon running off air.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You saw right mate! He was devastating on the right, we need to keep him there for sure.

Start Michaels at left center, keep O'Dwyer on the bench. If Michaels is having a shocker bring Chalky in.

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Michaels
    4. Idris
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Myles
    11. Ridge
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. Douglas
    15. White
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Falloon

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Was I dreaming last week? I thought he started Idris on the right and O'Dwyer on the left which after the opening crap worked pretty well.

Hodges will own Idris who can't defend laterally but O'Dwyer will haul him down, whereas Idris can confront either of the backrows they can play in the centres. Gordon can deal with Maranta but Whitchurch looks like one of those lanky, boney ****s. Mead running off Idris is better than Gordon running off air.
    Idris runs sideways so much it's hard to tell where he was supposed to be, on paper he's on our left, but he seemed to be hanging around the middle alot......
    Credit where credit is due though, I think Idris has stepped it up abit and is looking more dangerous in attack. I agree defensively though, with his frame he always will struggle laterally.
    Hodges is brittle though, I'd like to see Jamal put a few shots on him..
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Yeah I'm not sure if it's just because of niggling injuries healing up or he just feels like it, but Idris has certainly been aiming up and playing better compared to earlier on in the season.

If Sezer is playing, then I will gain massive confidence that the boys can pull off the win.

if we win Friday night we will make the finals
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mead running off Idris is better than Gordon running off air.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Michaels at right centre.
    Ridge not in the 18 wtf.
    Falloon in, Henderson in.

Brisbane Broncos winger Dale Copley to miss six weeks with a fractured leg

THE Broncos' backline stocks have been further depleted ahead of Friday night's derby clash against the Titans with winger Dale Copley to miss up to six weeks with a fractured leg.

Copley's left-side colleague Jack Reed broke his leg a fortnight ago and now the boom winger has joined the rugged centre in the casualty ward after lasting just 17 minutes of Brisbane's 10-8 defeat of the Warriors last Friday night.

Copley is expected to miss four to six weeks and his injury opens the door for rookies Lachlan Maranta or Aaron Whitchurch to take his place for the Queensland derby at Skilled Park.

Maranta appears to have the inside running, training on Copley's left wing this afternoon as the Broncos began their build-up for the Titans clash.

Copley confirmed news of his break today but says the upside is he will be available for the Broncos' finals campaign.

"I have a fractured fibula so I'm out for four to six weeks, similar to what Jack Reed has done," he said.

"Hopefully it heals well and I can get back before the finals and get a few games under my belt before then.

"It came from nothing. It was a tiny little hit but obviously it did enough damage. It was pretty bad luck. Josh Hoffman was getting driven back in goal. I tried to help him and just copped a little knock and rolled over on my ankle. I felt something go and went off after that.

"It's just bad luck I guess."

Copley backed Maranta or Whitchurch, who made his NRL debut a fortnight ago against Cronulla, to fire against the Titans.

"Whoever gets the job will do a good job.

"We know here there is always another guy if you don't perform, so it puts pressure on whoever gets the nod to perform on Friday and if they don't there will be someone nipping at his heels.

"That competition is good for the club and keep you on your toes."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Glenn and Te'o return from the outer as lynchpins in coach's plan to shut down Idris

THE Broncos' backline stocks have been further depleted with winger Dale Copley to miss up to six weeks with a fractured leg.

"Alex and Benny have played those roles before. I'm also looking at Lachy," Griffin said.

"That's the way we finished the game last week, Alex and Ben did a really good job (when Copley went off injured in the home win over the Warriors) so we'll look at that again.

"Dale has been tremendous for us, it's a bit of jinxed hole on our left side, but that's life."

The in-form Idris has attracted criticism for inconsistent displays this season, but Griffin is wary of his game-breaking ability in the right mood.

"It is hard to stop him when he's playing well. He's a massive guy, he has a lot of speed and agility," the Broncos coach said.

"They have strike power right across the park, that's why they got eight tries (at Canberra Stadium last Sunday). Scott Prince is in good form, they have rep forwards, they have Idris out wide and (William) Zillman at the back with his speed. They can come at you from any area so we need to be up for this one."

Copley lamented his freak injury but has found consolation in the knowledge he will be fit for Brisbane's finals campaign.

"Hopefully it heals well and I can get back before the finals and get a few games under my belt before then," he said.

"It came from nothing. It was a tiny little hit but obviously it did enough damage."

http://www.couriermail.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

It'd be a huge boost if we can get Bird and Sezer back for the game against the old enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Michaels at right centre.
    Ridge not in the 18 wtf.
    Falloon in, Henderson in.
    according to the titans website Ridge out with pec injury.

Near full-strength Titans to tackle Broncos

QUEENSLAND Origin workhorse Ashley Harrison will be named in an extended Titans line-up today as the Gold Coast prepares a close to full-strength team for Friday's showdown against the Broncos.

After reigniting their finals hopes with a win against the Raiders in Canberra on Sunday, the Titans are desperate for a derby win to maintain their momentum.

Harrison missed the Origin decider with a broken toe but is expected to line up this week, while Nate Myles (sternum) and Luke Bailey (ribs) are also likely to back up after returning from injury in Canberra.

After battling injuries all year, the Titans finally received a break yesterday when scans revealed five-eighth Aidan Sezer had tendon damage to his hand and not a fracture which could have ruled him out for almost a month.

The boom recruit will be named today and officials are hopeful he will be able to play, although re-signed youngster Jordan Rankin is waiting in the wings if Sezer is unable to recover.

The victory over the Raiders put the Titans just two wins outside the eight, with Friday's blockbuster shaping a season-defining match.

The Titans faced a short turnaround but coach John Cartwright said yesterday his troops would ride the momentum provided by Sunday's win and be ready to face their neighbours.

"There's an added (incentive to win), especially for us. They've pretty much entrenched themselves in the top four," he said of Brisbane.

"We're battling away, we've got to keep winning and it probably doesn't get any harder than the way the Broncos are playing at the moment but we're going to relish it.

"We haven't got a long time to get ready for the game but I think that's a good thing.

"The guys came in this morning in a great frame of mind and (to have) the local derby at the end of the week, it doesn't get any better."

Back-rower Ben Ridge continues to battle a biceps injury, with the Titans likely to name an extended bench for Friday's clash.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    according to the titans website Ridge out with pec injury.
    Ah, cheers mate

Harrison, Mead return for local derby

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today named State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison and winger David Mead to return for Friday night?s anticipated local derby against the Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named Harrison to make his comeback after missing the past two matches with a broken toe, while Mead returns after attending the funeral of his father in Papua New Guinea last week.

Outside back Steve Michaels, who scored two tries on the wing in the absence of Mead against the Raiders, has been moved to the centres while utility Luke O?Dwyer shifts back to the bench as cover for injured forward Ben Ridge (pectoral).

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer has also been named after being cleared of a fractured hand on Monday in the wake of the win over the Raiders and forward Ryan James has been included on a five-man interchange bench after being 18th man in Canberra.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright said it was a bonus to have Harrison returning against the Broncos.

"It's a little bit earlier than expected. We were banking on him for next week but he's come through all the hoops and got through that session,'' said Cartwright.

"But he hasn't had anyone stand on it or anything yet so at this stage hopefully that's the side we can take in.''
    Cartwright said Mead

"I thought we'd miss him last week and who knows what we could have done if he was there,'' said Cartwright.

"He's had a really tough couple of weeks but he's come back enthusiastic. He was a bit worried about his spot in the side but he didn't have to worry about that.''

http://www.titans.com.au