Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

prob the best game i seen from idris in defense... he was backing up, covering from marker, looked slow but lol
    but jeez every player in the titans side should look at bull... the oldest bloke in the team, always the first to chase a kick, and the amount of cover work he does it amazing... good effort!

Prince looked tenacious and hungry in defense.

Bailey getting smacked in the face three times in a minute then scoring the try was sweet and rewards for his fearlessness to just keep taking it forwards.

Zillman... Goodness me! At half time had 1 try assist, three line breaks, 10 tackle busts and 152 metres from 10 runs. What a remarkable turn around in an insanely short period of time.

Great win, great effort and a night to be a proud Titan.

2 Broncos on report and I won't be surprised if Hodges goes on report. On pretty well the last hit up of the first half Hodges used his elbow to the head of Michaels. Michaels never came back in the second half.

Not suprised by the win tbh. I always thought we always had it in us. Prince looked very involved in defence but i didnt want him to tire out too much, we need him involved in attack as much as possible. Zillman has turned the tables so quickly i cant believe it. He is getting involved heavily and working well off Prince.

Credit to the forward pack. They toughened it out there. Bailey, Myles, Douglas and co have been fantastic for us in the last couple of matches. Steve Michaels proved to us why he shouldnt be in the team with that shocking knock on which should have been an easy try. Also if Luke ODwyer scored as well the scorecard would credit us much more.

From all this praise we still need to work on things if we want to continue winning. That is to not give away stupid penalties. I am pissed that we throw away penalties and this will come to haunt us. We are lucky it didnt for this match but we need to fix this problem ASAP.
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 20-07-12 at 11:58 PM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

In defense of Michaels a Broncos arm came between him and the ball. Yeah, he should have caught it but I think he readjusted to take the 'deflection' that never came. I actually thought it hit a Broncos arm but no one blew up over it and I am yet to see the replay so I guess it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    In defense of Michaels a Broncos arm came between him and the ball. Yeah, he should have caught it but I think he readjusted to take the 'deflection' that never came. I actually thought it hit a Broncos arm but no one blew up over it and I am yet to see the replay so I guess it didn't happen.
    Agree mate & Michaels had a better game than Mead did,he seemed to have no confidence at all
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Has anybody mentioned the fact that Prince actually tackled tonight?? His kicking game was poor but he really held his own in the defensive line for once.
    Wow...I fully enjoyed that that game...I was actually cheering the Titans instead of criticising them.

Broncos have a very readable attack and Prince not only read their play but tackled with his shoulder...good to see him play with confidence. I think Idris feels for comfortable defending beside Prince...he knew who to take. Nice hit on Glen.

Zilmans potential is turning into results and I'm glad because fans were starting to lose their patience with the lack of attack.

Karnage, your right about the poor kicking game...I think Prince is better off attacking with bombs once we approach the oppositions half.

I don't really like Falloon coming on for Srama. Srama was going just fine, didn't see any need to sub him really. Gives him a rest yes, but at this stage of the competition we need our best players on the field as much as possible and as we've already seen, Srama is capable of an 80 minute stint.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 21-07-12 at 12:20 AM.

As good of a game the Titans played as a group there were times where I cringed in defence with Jamal and Stevie but they worked hard and scrambled well.

I expect very good things with a full strength squad
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Agree mate & Michaels had a better game than Mead did,he seemed to have no confidence at all
    I think Mead may have lost a little confidence when he tried to 'fly like an eagle' to take an early bomb that he was never gunna catch (on your side). He was hesitant on the next bomb and never went for it and the Broncoc scored. Other than that I thought he did OK. But it is hard to focus on all 17 players so I may have missed things that you saw.

Titans were lucky to get away with the Mead try and were going to get away with the Michaels try if he held onto to it. Both were forward passes but I care not
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote from Broncos Forum that got my attention...

I knew we were f**ked when Luke O'Dwyer of all people was rolling us backwards.

When he nearly scored I swear I could see a Flying Pig in the background. Just turned out to be Fatty celebrating.

Lowlight of the night: The Adjudicator was right. Hate that guy.

Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Zillman isn't the one who was playing poorly all year. Really, his game hasn't changed. He has always been sniffing around and supporting forwards who can get free and slip the ball.
    The problem was that the forwards weren't hitting him with the ball. Now they are. Also, our backline has been **** with horrible timing. Timing is still not great but is much better.

First time I've seen Idris run with purpose for us. Even last week he was still ambling.
    Great game all.

As a few have already mentioned, It was great to witness the guys performance from the Grandstands last night. Undoubtedly there's still room for improvement. But that's quickly overlooked in the enjoyment of sending the Ponies home, with their tails between their legs.

As expected, there's very little mention of the Game last night, in The Courier-Mail today..

Also Jamal's Hamstring. Keep punching away on that calculator of yours. Because whatever you're doing, It appears to be working!

Jamal is really trying to involve himself in attack and defence. These are all good signs of confidence.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year