View Poll Results: Who will play halfback after Prince retires?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Rankin

0 0%
  • Beau Henry

1 4.76%
  • Michael Parker Walshe

2 9.52%
  • William Zillman

1 4.76%
  • Kayne Lawton

0 0%
  • Titans will purchase someone (please mention who you think they will purchase)

17 80.95%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    By the time Princey comes to hang up the boots. JT will be looking for a better place (than Townsville) to wrap up his NRL career. So I'd say we'd have him on our books for 2-3 years..
    Thurston will be on $1 million in the not too distant future. Titans will never accomodate for that kind of money
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    He has been hinting on more than 1 occasion that next year will be his last.
    I heard that as well. Hope Titans try extending his contract.
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 12-07-12 at 10:52 PM.

From the poll its evident that everyone wants the club to chase after a quality playmaker. Not that many quality playmakers are free agents and also realistically speaking i dont think Pearce, Shaun Johnson, Josh Reynolds, DCE or James Maloney would want to settle at the Titans. There are some tough roads ahead for us.

Hope Rankin or MWP can really do us good.
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 12-07-12 at 10:50 PM.

So if Prince retires at the end of next year, these are the players that are off-contract. Who would you go for then?

Travis Burns, Todd Carney, Luke Kelly, Daniel Mortimer, Corey Norman, Ben Roberts, Harry Siejka, Jamie Soward, Ryan Stig, Gareth Widdop

Nathan Fien, Pita Godinet, Trent Hodkinson, Ben Hornby, Ben Hunt, Robert Lui, Alehana Mara, Michael Morgan, Mitchell Pearce, Scott Prince, Adam Reynolds, Jeff Robson, Johnathan Thurston, Chad Townsend, Sam Williams

The bold are the ones i would want us to look at. Preferring Mitchell Pearce or Adam Reynolds out of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTitans View Post
    So if Prince retires at the end of next year, these are the players that are off-contract. Who would you go for then?

Travis Burns, Todd Carney, Luke Kelly, Daniel Mortimer, Corey Norman, Ben Roberts, Harry Siejka, Jamie Soward, Ryan Stig, Gareth Widdop

Nathan Fien, Pita Godinet, Trent Hodkinson, Ben Hornby, Ben Hunt, Robert Lui, Alehana Mara, Michael Morgan, Mitchell Pearce, Scott Prince, Adam Reynolds, Jeff Robson, Johnathan Thurston, Chad Townsend, Sam Williams

The bold are the ones i would want us to look at. Preferring Mitchell Pearce or Adam Reynolds out of them all.
    Harry Seijka. He would be wanting to leave the Panthers because he doesnt get that many NRL matches, Burns/Walsh are always ahead of him. Seijka has talent and if we can snap him up and develop him he could really be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Harry Seijka. He would be wanting to leave the Panthers because he doesnt get that many NRL matches, Burns/Walsh are always ahead of him. Seijka has talent and if we can snap him up and develop him he could really be something special.
    Yeah I heard he is good, but I don't know anything about him thats why I left him out.

Jacob Miller is offcontract at the end of the year. He might be worth a look.

I'm hoping MPW can come back and have a big season for the Tweed and maybe get a couple of games for the Titans. I think he is a better prospect than Rankin at the moment. He may be more of a 5/8 or fullback though but I'm sure Sezer could move into half with MPW at 5/8. We'd have one of the best kicking games in the comp - especially long kicking game.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Thurston will be on $1 million in the not too distant future. Titans will never accomodate for that kind of money
    Who said anything about Titans accomodatin' Thurston's price tag. I'm sure there's other avenues to explore..

Halfbacks Off contract this year:

Ryan Carr, Dane Chisholm, Liam Foran, Mark Kheirallah, Jacob Miller, Jordan Rankin, Arana Taumata

Next Year:

5/8 this year:

Ben Jones, Kris Keating, Michael Parker-Walshe, Michael Picker, Aidan Sezer, Carlos Tuimavave

Next:

The mole on the game plan tonight also said Mitchell Pearce want out of the Roosters next year. Can't see us signing anyone until next year for 2014 when Princey is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Where would Pearce go? Wouldnt be a bad buy for us for when Prince retires.

Banned

Where would Pearce go? Wouldnt be a bad buy for us for when Prince retires.

Just heard a rumor this mourning that Pearce is seeking a release from the last year of his contract to join Titans as of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by justin19 View Post
    Just heard a rumor this mourning that Pearce is seeking a release from the last year of his contract to join Titans as of 2013
    LOL
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

smakked, there is actually rumour going around that pearce wants out,but the part about joining titans is new to me and unlikely id guess...unless Nate Myles has been in his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I fear that the forum will crash if we signed Sandow after Prince retires
    He was here before he went to Souths & was shown the door so I don't think he will be coming back
    #itaintweaktospeak