Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Road-tested Titans to worry Raiders

Gold Coast's knack for winning on the road has Canberra on high alert heading into Sunday's NRL clash when they host the Titans.

Gold Coast may be sitting in 13th spot on the ladder with just six wins to their name - but as Raiders coach David Furner points out, four of them have been away.

And with memories of last year's one-point loss to the Titans at Canberra Stadium still fresh in their minds, Furner said the Raiders won't be taking the game lightly.

"They're going to be very dangerous and they've got the best kicking game of the competition," he said.

"I did mention to the players that this is a side that out of their six wins, they've won four away.

"So we've got a real tough one.

"I see this as one of our hardest (at home)."

After their early season turmoil, Canberra are a squad renewed thanks to consecutive wins, against St George Illawarra and last week's giant-busting defeat over ladder leaders Melbourne.

Skipper David Shillington said the players are in the best head space they've been in all season.

Now the key was to put the high of last week's victory behind them and focus on continuing their solid form, giving particular note to Josh McCrone and Sam Williams' work in the halves.

"We won't hang our hat on it (the Storm game)," Shillington said.

"It was like we won the grand final how happy we were but I think that's just an indication of how much pressure we've been under.

"But it's no time to be complacent.

"Titans are going to be no push-over."

Injury-plagued Gold Coast will eagerly welcome back Luke Bailey and Nate Myles for the clash, which could well determine the finals legitimacy of both teams.

Shillington said the Raiders will be out to re-establish Canberra Stadium as a fortress on Sunday, given five of their eight remaining games of the season will be at home.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Really? Best kicking game? I think our metre differential is good aswell.

Why can't we win games!?
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

cause our coach picks duds

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    cause our coach picks duds
    nahh.. it not the team being picked they are quality..well on paper anyway. its just stupid errors.. if we could just hold the ball we would be at the top of the ladder.. most tries against us come off the back of a penalty or scrum from an error.. we put ourselves under too much pressure and give away to much ball which wears us out defensively.. its simple cut out the errors and we win games

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyba View Post
    nahh.. it not the team being picked they are quality..well on paper anyway. its just stupid errors.. if we could just hold the ball we would be at the top of the ladder.. most tries against us come off the back of a penalty or scrum from an error.. we put ourselves under too much pressure and give away to much ball which wears us out defensively.. its simple cut out the errors and we win games
    The most basic skill of a "quality" player is to catch and pass and not make errors = completing sets. I think we highly over rate the quality of this squad.

I might take a look at how we compare across the league with completed sets, penalties and ball handling errors.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyba View Post
    Yeah you see it happen all the time now. The boys will be doing pretty well holding a team out defensively, keeping them well contained within their own half. It could even be a few repeat sets that they have to hold defensively and they'll do it. Then, someone gives away a stupid penalty and our line breaks.

We don't win because we play with a game plan that was successful in 2008, 2009 and 2010. The game has evolved and our coaching staff has been unable to move with the times. We win games in spite of our dreadful structure and stale game plan, a credit to the quality of our squad.

With decent direction in 2013 we are a chance of winning the whole thing. With Cartwright and Murphy in charge we will do well to finish with more wins than losses.

gee up boys i smell a victory today.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

... there are so many fringe players who are decent in the QCUP but just dont cut it in the NRL, but for some reason carty just keeps picking the same old lineup n doesn't give the kids a chance to play, n often these young guns more on.. micheals, odwyer, henderson, grahman, champion?, mini?

We need to win this game. Its very crucial. If we do win this game and Dragons and Roosters lose as well this week then we will be sitting on 10the spot on the ladder. From there we just need to win and hope that both Tigers and Warriors start to lose matches. Just need to hope for the best. Its still possible. Just need to believe.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

I'm up for it but today is my day of no expectation, just resignation ... I am resigned to the team getting my hopes up and then letting me down ... but then again that's why I'm here, I suppose. Now work that out ... I must be a masochist because my wife will give it to me too.

Stuff all that ... come on boys, this is the week!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How do they let Belcher commentate this game?

Angry

C'mon titans!!!

O'Dwyer to the centres and the goat in and James out.