Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Raiders by 20+
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

where will Beau Falloon play if he is on the bench. Will he allow Srama to rest or will he play in the second row?
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Well Carty said he'd have him and Srama work in tandem so looks like they'll be sharing hooking duties.

Phil Graham played well for us against the Dragons. I don't understand why Carty persists with the likes of Michaels over him, and still no return of Dowling either. May as well just call the team "Carty's favourites".

Gold Coast Titans prop Luke Bailey battles to return to field after a rib injury

LUKE Bailey once defied the pain barrier to play an NRL final 12 days after surgery to insert a metal plate and nine pins into his broken thumb.
    But that is no longer Bailey's most excruciating injury after the rib injury sustained six weeks ago.

The Titans hard man found himself lying in a Gold Coast hospital with ribs popping up in his chest after taking his first hit-up in the club's brave win over North Queensland.

The ribs had not broken through the skin but it felt like they had. The tough Titan said it was the only time his wife had seen him struggle with pain, despite his extensive medical history playing NRL on the front line.

"It is the most painful I have had by far," Bailey said.

"My wife was with me in hospital and she has never seen me in pain and she's seen me through a couple of injuries.

"I just popped the ribs off the sternum. They were popping up through my chest. I went to hospital in an ambulance and couldn't really move for three weeks.

"Rib injuries are a big part of footy so I'm not going to whinge about it."

Bailey tried to rush back for last Saturday's loss to the Warriors but failed a fitness test when he suffered discomfort during contact drills.

He will not make the same mistake this week. There will be no fitness test, no contact experiments, no guessing.

With the club's slim finals hopes on the line against Canberra, there is no time to wait and no point saving himself, even if he jokes he could be on a stretcher after four minutes.

"l'm confident it is all sweet and I'm ready to go, I wouldn't come back and risk the team losing a man especially against an in-form side with some big fellas," he said.

"I'm not going to bother (with a fitness test). I had a good hitout last week and they were a bit tender, so I just thought I would wait this week, not bother testing them out and just see how they go on Sunday.

"I tried to get back for last week and it was too early. Every game now is probably a grand final for us, especially down there and they are coming off two good wins."

Queensland star Nate Myles also is doing all he can to play after a sternum injury left him unable to breathe properly for five days after Origin III.

Myles completed yesterday's full training session with the team but no decision on his availability for the Raiders game will be made until the final workout on Saturday.

"Nate will play whenever he can. I think he was still struggling on the Monday (last week) to breathe," Bailey said.

"I think there's no real damage, just a lot of bruises. He gets through a lot of work, especially in three Origins so credit to him he has got himself right and is ready to go."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Surely this is just an over excited media article. I hope he trained ok or had a fitness test because if he falls over and we end up a man down early its all bad.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Yea I remember seeing Nate Myles on the Game Plan the day after Origin, he not only could breath but came across well.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

More concerned about Bailey but would really hope no one runs on under done.

Raging 'Bull' ready for Raiders

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have been boosted by the return of Prop Luke Bailey for their round 19 clash against the Raiders in Canberra.

Watching the team struggle against the Warriors last weekend wasn?t the only painful memory Bailey has had to deal with in recent weeks.

A decision on whether Nate Myles (sternum) will play against the Raiders is yet to be decided, with his fitness to be tested at the team's final training session on Saturday morning.

Watch the Titans TV Video to hear what 'Bull' has to say.

http://www.titans.com.au/

Last roll of the dice.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Last roll of the dice.
    Did you not see my feat of mathematical genius?!

I'm happy to remain optimistic if the Raiders roll us here, but if we lose this one and next week we may as well start the 2013 threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Did you not see my feat of mathematical genius?!

I'm happy to remain optimistic if the Raiders roll us here, but if we lose this one and next week we may as well start the 2013 threads.
    It's serious stuff. And it's sad to have dropped a few games we shouldn't have and those blood injuries have really wounded us.

carty loves having to hookers in the side.
    friend/amos
    smara/lawton

i think he loves having a fresh man at dummy half... aswell as he always seems to put them both on with 15 to go when we are behind to go for the win

Oh dont remind me of the friend/amos days!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh dont remind me of the friend/amos days!
    Agreed!