Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

oh i thought he was injured i was a bit worried ...... i really have alot of respect for him for playing on the weekend

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Falloon to debut as stars return in Canberra
    Adam Gardini
    Tuesday 10 July 2012 1:00 PM

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today named hooker Beau Falloon to make his anticipated Titans debut and star fowards Luke Bailey and Nate Myles to return from injury for Sunday’s clash against the Raiders in Canberra.
    Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named former Souths hooker Beau Falloon on a five-man interchange bench, while Bailey (ribs) and Myles (sternum) have both been named in the hope they will be fit to return against the Raiders.
    Falloon played 25 NRL matches for the Rabbitohs from 2008-11 and has been rewarded for his recent form for Queensland Cup feeder club Burleigh Bears since returning from a torn biceps injury he suffered in the club’s pre-season trial match against the Broncos at Pizzey Park.
    Centre Dominique Peyroux has been promoted from the interchange bench to right centre in place of the injured Beau Champion, who will have surgery on his injured ankle this week, while winger Steve Michaels comes in for David Mead, who will miss the match after returning to PNG for his father’s funeral.
    Cartwright said Falloon would be used in tandem with hooker Matt Srama in an attempt to ease the workload on the young rake, who has not missed a match this season with 16 consecutive games.
    "Matty has been up for a fair while now and Beau's had half a dozen games back and is a strong defender so we'll use those two in tandem down in Canberra,'' said Cartwright.
    "Matty has been averaging 50 tackles a week and that's very hard even on an expereinced guy.
    "We don't want to blunt his attack and I just feel that's been blunted over the last couple of weeks so we'll look to share that role depending on what happens in the course of the game.
    "Beau is very deserving of his chance. He's a real popular member of the side since he came up from Sydney. He had an unfortunate start with the biceps but he's worked very hard and when we announce the side to the players I'm sure everyone in the squad will be happy for him.''
    Cartwright said he was hopeful of regaining the services both Bailey and Myles, with a final decision on their fitness and availability to be made later in the week.
    "We'll monitor them. We're pretty hopeful at the moment but they've both got similar type of injuries. We'll give them every chance we can,'' said Cartwright.

Titans vs Raiders
    2pm, Sunday July 15
    Canberra Stadium
    1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Jamal Idris
    4 Dominique Peyroux
    5 Steve Michaels
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Luke Douglas
    11 Ben Ridge
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Nate Myles
    Interchange
    14 Matthew White
    15 Michael Henderson
    16 Luke O’Dwyer
    17 Beau Falloon
    18 Ryan James
    Coach John Cartwright
    #itaintweaktospeak

I can't whinge too much about the backline although I would have suggested O'Dwyer in the centers and Peyroux outside him but the Peyroux/Michaels will be equally ineffective or is he foxing for:

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Michaels
    4. Idris (on the right)
    5. Peyroux

However, I don't understand the bench. Is Lawrence injured? If he's not then does that suggest Cartwright will run without James leaving O'Dwyer (I would have though Lawrence against the club that blew him off would have been a certainty) and Falloon as a light-weight bench ... oh well, whatever.
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-07-12 at 01:29 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

wats the point of falloon? srama hasnt done anything wrong to show he cant play the 80...
    n michaels... come on... ffs, blood a young kid already! ffs carty ur killing me, even move gordon to the centres so he gets more ball with a kid next to him. time for change

fallon deserves a chance and id prefer to see srama have a career that lasts 10 + yrs instead of 6 agree with carty for once.

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

No problem with Falloon as he may enter the after-Prince picture ... anybody got any gossip about Beau Henry or outside backs in the lower grades? How is Hymel Hunt coming along?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Default Canberra unchanged for Titans NRL clash

AAP Tue, Jul 10, 2012 - 6:28 PM

Canberra have named the same side that secured them their first back-to-back NRL victories since round 17 last year for their clash with Gold Coast on Sunday.

After early-season woes which put a strain on David Furner's coaching tenure, the Raiders are in a positive mood after a knockout 40-12 away victory over Melbourne on Saturday.

That followed a hoodoo-extending win over St George Illawarra five days earlier.

Now the aim is for three in a row, a feat the Raiders have not achieved since their six-week victory streak at the tail-end of the 2010 season.

Furner on Tuesday named an unchanged squad for the Canberra Stadium match, arguing that building combinations will be the key to continuing the Raiders' about-turn in results.

Utility back Shaun Berrigan will again be used from the bench after returning last week from a biceps injury, while Sam Mataora has also been cleared of troubles with his back to be named on an extended five-man bench.

"There's no doubt having the same team week in, week out gives us consistency and that showed with the way we've played over the past two weeks," Furner said.

"It's about making sure we are still playing that brand of football that we've had the past two weeks."

In other positive news, injured duo Glen Buttriss and Trevor Thurling return to full training this week and fullback-turned-playmaker Josh Dugan is close to resuming after suffering ankle problems two weeks ago.

But forward Bronson Harrison endured another setback in his recovery, re-injuring his back last week when he started training again.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I can't whinge too much about the backline although I would have suggested O'Dwyer in the centers and Peyroux outside him but the Peyroux/Michaels will be equally ineffective or is he foxing for:

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Michaels
    4. Idris (on the right)
    5. Peyroux

However, I don't understand the bench. Is Lawrence injured? If he's not then does that suggest Cartwright will run without James leaving O'Dwyer (I would have though Lawrence against the club that blew him off would have been a certainty) and Falloon as a light-weight bench ... oh well, whatever.
    Not sure how I feel about BJ being dropped. Obviously he is better than he showed last week and I hope that it's not a case of him falling out of favour with Cartwright over that performance.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Ffs what did Dowling do wrong
    You are a joke carty
    No wonder we all want you gone
    You couldn't coach am under 8s team to a gf
    Michaels needs to go
    And for Lawrence you may aswell kick him harder
    Confidence is a big thing in the game and he can't have too much after last week
    Do us all a favour and f*?@ off out of our club
    P.S raiders by 40 6 tries for lee straight over top of michaels

I really hope James plays ahead of O'Dwyer. Love the Falloon selection as cover for hooker and halves. He can play a bit of backrow too so should get a run no matter what. I really like BJ Lawrence but he did himself no favors last week and has to re-earn his position again which is fair enough. Not sure about the make-up of this backline. Canberra have been shredding out wide. Hope Dom and michaels are up to it.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Titans give guns Nate Myles and Luke Bailey time to prove fitness

NATE Myles and Luke Bailey will be given last-minute fitness tests on Saturday as the Gold Coast Titans look to rescue their season with a difficult away trip to Canberra.

Myles sustained "significant" bruising and damage to his sternum in Queensland's Origin series win last week, while Bailey suffered rib cartilage damage six weeks ago.

Both are touch and go to play on Sunday despite being named in the starting side yesterday.

Coach John Cartwright has promoted hooker Beau Falloon for his Titans debut off the bench. Falloon has been called up to assist first-choice rake Matt Srama who has not missed a game this season.

Centre Dominique Peyroux returns to the starting side for Beau Champion, who had exploratory ankle surgery yesterday. Steve Michaels will play on the wing in place of David Mead, who has returned to Papua New Guinea for his father's funeral.

North Queensland's Origin stars Johnathan Thurston, Brent Tate, Matt Scott and James Tamou will play against Melbourne on Saturday.

Halfback Ray Thompson will face a fitness test later over a shoulder complaint.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans give guns Nate Myles and Luke Bailey time to prove fitness

NATE Myles and Luke Bailey will be given last-minute fitness tests on Saturday as the Gold Coast Titans look to rescue their season with a difficult away trip to Canberra.

Myles sustained "significant" bruising and damage to his sternum in Queensland's Origin series win last week, while Bailey suffered rib cartilage damage six weeks ago.

Both are touch and go to play on Sunday despite being named in the starting side yesterday.

Coach John Cartwright has promoted hooker Beau Falloon for his Titans debut off the bench. Falloon has been called up to assist first-choice rake Matt Srama who has not missed a game this season.

Centre Dominique Peyroux returns to the starting side for Beau Champion, who had exploratory ankle surgery yesterday. Steve Michaels will play on the wing in place of David Mead, who has returned to Papua New Guinea for his father's funeral.

North Queensland's Origin stars Johnathan Thurston, Brent Tate, Matt Scott and James Tamou will play against Melbourne on Saturday.

Halfback Ray Thompson will face a fitness test later over a shoulder complaint.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Raiders out to secure third win in a row

The Canberra Raiders have named the same team which defeated the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park last weekend, for their round 19 clash against the Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium.

The only addition to the squad is Sam Mataora who returns as 18th man following his recovery from a back injury, with a decision on the final make-up to the bench to be made later in the week.

After returning from a bicep injury last weekend Shaun Berrigan will once again be used from the interchange bench, while Mark Nicholls retains his spot after another impressive performance in his second NRL match last weekend.

Raiders Coach David Furner said it’s important for the team to continue to work on their combinations and to have the same 17 again this week is a bonus.

“There’s no doubt having the same team week in week out gives us consistency and that showed with the way we’ve played over the past two weeks,” Furner said. “We’re starting to build some nice combinations and if we can keep up our completions we can go a long way to beating the Titans.”

In some further good news for the Raiders Jarrad Kennedy will be available this weekend to play for Mounties after returning from injury, while Glen Buttriss and Trevor Thurling also return to full squad training this week.

http://sportsaustralia.com

Earl lording it after mid-season switch to 'unbeatable' Raiders

CANBERRA winger Sandor Earl must be the luckiest bloke in the NRL - leaving a basket case of a club mid-season to join one he declared has an unbeatable game plan.

He's been in Canberra for less than two weeks, but the former Penrith Panthers and Sydney Roosters winger has enjoyed a dream arrival since joining the Raiders only days before the June 30 deadline.

Earl made his Raiders debut in the heart-stopping 22-18 win against St George Illawarra and retained his place for last weekend's 40-12 thumping of the Melbourne Storm, crossing for a double in the AAMI Park upset. Now, he's aiming to make it a hat-trick when the resurgent Raiders host an injury-depleted Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

''If we can stick to our shape and starve teams of the ball, I don't know [how] we can lose to be honest,'' Earl said. ''Nothing against Penrith, but it's different here. The way the boys are putting in … if that's the way we're going to be playing for the rest of the season, I'm happy with that.''

While the Raiders are on the rise, the Panthers are on struggle street, with inspirational second-rower Luke Lewis yesterday granted a release from the final two years of his contract. That follows the demotion of NSW centre Michael Jennings and livewire fullback Lachlan Coote to reserve grade.

Earl's inclusion has coincided with a rapid transformation in the Raiders' fortunes. They had won only five of their first 14 games before he was signed, sparking intense speculation about the future of coach David Furner and leaving the Raiders in wooden spoon discussions.

But with back-to-back victories they are now only two points outside the top eight, but Earl believes talk of a late season surge to the finals is premature. ''We're trying not to get too carried away from two good wins,'' he said. ''In another fortnight or so, if we're at the same point, that's where I think the conversation will start.''

The Raiders have a favourable draw in the run to the finals. Five of their next seven games are at home before they finish off the regular season with a challenging trip to face the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland.

Earl had limited opportunities with the Panthers under new coach Ivan Cleary this year, playing just three games in the top grade. But he's taken little time to strike up a deadly partnership on the right side of the attack alongside in-form centre Blake Ferguson. The Country representative toyed with weary Queensland centre Dane Nielsen and combined beautifully with Earl in both attack and defence.

Earl is contracted to the Raiders only until the end of the season, but there is an option to extend to 2013. ''Being able to form a combination would be a big thing if I was to continue this with Blake,'' Earl said. ''The two games I've been involved with have been awesome. If it all falls into place, I think I might have to stay at the Raiders.''

After missing the win against the Storm with a back injury, forward Sam Mataora is considered a 50-50 chance to be fit in time to face the Titans. Mataora completed running drills yesterday and will be assessed later in the week.

Meanwhile, under-20s fullback Mitch Cronin will miss four to six weeks with ankle syndesmosis suffered in the 34-30 Toyota Cup loss to the Storm.

http://www.coastaltimes.com.au

God sakes why is Michaels in the team. Would rather want Graham or Peyroux. Geez Carty.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.