Road-tested Titans to worry Raiders

Gold Coast's knack for winning on the road has Canberra on high alert heading into Sunday's NRL clash when they host the Titans.

Gold Coast may be sitting in 13th spot on the ladder with just six wins to their name - but as Raiders coach David Furner points out, four of them have been away.

And with memories of last year's one-point loss to the Titans at Canberra Stadium still fresh in their minds, Furner said the Raiders won't be taking the game lightly.

"They're going to be very dangerous and they've got the best kicking game of the competition," he said.

"I did mention to the players that this is a side that out of their six wins, they've won four away.

"So we've got a real tough one.

"I see this as one of our hardest (at home)."

After their early season turmoil, Canberra are a squad renewed thanks to consecutive wins, against St George Illawarra and last week's giant-busting defeat over ladder leaders Melbourne.

Skipper David Shillington said the players are in the best head space they've been in all season.

Now the key was to put the high of last week's victory behind them and focus on continuing their solid form, giving particular note to Josh McCrone and Sam Williams' work in the halves.

"We won't hang our hat on it (the Storm game)," Shillington said.

"It was like we won the grand final how happy we were but I think that's just an indication of how much pressure we've been under.

"But it's no time to be complacent.

"Titans are going to be no push-over."

Injury-plagued Gold Coast will eagerly welcome back Luke Bailey and Nate Myles for the clash, which could well determine the finals legitimacy of both teams.

Shillington said the Raiders will be out to re-establish Canberra Stadium as a fortress on Sunday, given five of their eight remaining games of the season will be at home.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au