0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTitans View Post
    IMO the type of coach we need

1) Hard-Line Military style coach like belamy
    2) Will only select players in form
    3) Respected by the players and no player is bigger than the coach
    4) Preferably an ex experienced halfback similar to hasler, who has been there and done it.
    About the only two coaches I can think of that fit description are Ricky Stuart and Brian Smith.
    If there is one thing that Smithy is good at, it's rebuilding teams.
    He might even take us to a Grand Final - We won't win it, but we might get there

One thing I missed from that list...

5) Someone who is not too left field/Crazy

which would describe ricky stuart..

I would like to see someone like trent barret go into coach, although he might fall into the soft category..

Daniel Anderson would probably tick most of that list except for former halfback but would prob fall into the crazy category

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTitans View Post
    Daniel Anderson would probably tick most of that list except for former halfback but would prob fall into the crazy category
    I'd love to see Daniel Anderson given a shot. At least we'd get some attack going.
    Cartwrights dream game is too win 14-12
    DA's dream games is 52-50

The weird thing is in his playing days Cartwright was one of the best off loaders. I can't remember the last time our forwards offloaded.
    Last edited by eelectrica; 11-04-12 at 12:50 PM.

Carty quoted in paper saying if he was tapped on shoulder, he would walk away.

Guess that helps if we don't have a massive payout.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Carty quoted in paper saying if he was tapped on shoulder, he would walk away.

Guess that helps if we don't have a massive payout.
    Can you give us a link to that article?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Can you give us a link to that article?
    i read it in the actual paper. ill try find it tho

ok cant find it, the website is pretty crap, but this is the cliffs and his exact quotes.

"ill never give in.While ever ive been giving the resonsibility to coach, i wont give in.

"The Length of my contract doesnt come into it. If Mike tapped me on the shoulder tomorrow, id walk, it wouldnt bother me. im not concerned about that."

"But if you think im going to walk away i wont"

goes on to say it been tough obviously, they are a developing side and winning might have eased the pressure on searle.

hope that helps

Cheers for typing it up. Very interesting to see how things will develop if a new board comes in and gives him the tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Cheers for typing it up. Very interesting to see how things will develop if a new board comes in and gives him the tap.
    yeah theyd have to do it delicately, you dont wanna piss him off and make him dig his heels in.

i think there is a role for him somewhere, as he does care about the players, if hes ok with not being an NRL head coach, he could be a mentor or football manager

I think the best thing we can do is stick by Carty..........For now.
    If by round 16-18 we are still fallling apart we look for a plan to start 2013 with a new coach and full pre-season with the boys.

There is no doubt he needs help............
    My vote goes to move Paul Green from Wynnum to assistant coach.

To be honest I would be happy with a decent assistant coach. Right now!

A coaches role is to man manage the team, sign off on the defensive strategy and the offensive plays and then bring it all on to the paddock.

Exactly what offensive plays has our touch football wonder Murphy bought to the table?

I doubt the Carty is just dismissing ideas here, maybe we should immediately start looking at a decent assistant that can bring new life to the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Here's the link to that Cartwright quote:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/n...-1226323198894

Also as far as our offensive strategy is concerned, it's all touch. Inside balls, one pass off the ruck, standing flat ... bloody pathetic.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What about Steve Folks as Fitness coach or Head Coach? But somebody mentioned Taylor. If he wasn't linked to the Central Coast bid I would throw his name in.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    To be honest I would be happy with a decent assistant coach. Right now!

A coaches role is to man manage the team, sign off on the defensive strategy and the offensive plays and then bring it all on to the paddock.

Exactly what offensive plays has our touch football wonder Murphy bought to the table?

I doubt the Carty is just dismissing ideas here, maybe we should immediately start looking at a decent assistant that can bring new life to the table.
    1000% Agree,