View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

maybe the best thing to come out of this assembly of a board and Bruno coming in as CEO will be some pressure on staff to perform.

Kearney, Sheens have been under huge pressure over underwhelming starts to the season, but there has been zero talk about Cartwrights job security despite our results and our high quality roster.

the only rumblings of discontent are from titans fans...come on in Bruno and shake this up.

i do think it would be rough to throw in sezer and javarn for manly or bris, but if we are 1-7 in 2 weeks time, cartwright MUST make a huge overhaul, starting with those 2.

I dont know about Javarn, he did 5 or 6 errors in the Broncos trial plus a few more in the other games. That is in Shannon Walker territory.

Ha!! I think you all know how I feel. If I was in charge I would have sacked Carty last season because of his absolute failure to plan for the future in what effectively was 'junk time' in the last 10 rounds.

We had two good seasons but only managed to win 1 final and now we have endured a season and a half of absolute ineptitude. There is absolutely no reason for us to be excited about this season (it's over already!!) and there will be no reason for optimism over the summer if Carty remains in charge.

He is a dud!!

We are a completely pathetic and boring team and we will remain that way under Carty.

SACK HIM NOW!!

Every week he stays in charge is another week where we are not improving. Another week where our youngsters are not coming through. Another week where the good old boys are getting first grade games ahead of players who could be developing.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I dont know about Javarn, he did 5 or 6 errors in the Broncos trial plus a few more in the other games. That is in Shannon Walker territory.

Ah ok,

well im just as happy to swap Zillman with Mead.

Mead may not be a ball playing fullback, but he is a freaky broken field runner and he could be the revelation that Mick Gordon, Reece Robinson,Nathan Merritt and Inglis have proven to be when they moved back there.

Only Inglis has any real semblance of ball playing, and Mead is quicker and as strong as the rest of them.

Imagine him getting 30 touches a game instead of 10...

Bring javarn off the bench as a impact player to spice it up like a bowen or a segyaro for the cows.

We are behind almost every other team before we run out on the field by not having an attacking fullback.

Ball playing from FB is learnt after you get the critical things down pat like position in defence and attack. Slater, Hayne, Boyd all were wingers who got a start at the back then developed other areas such as passing. Im fairly happy with Zilly at the back. The wingers in this side should be given open licence to go where ever they want which is basically what they are starting to do.

I noticed both wingers hunting last night, in fact a few times they passed to each other
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I noticed both wingers hunting last night, in fact a few times they passed to each other
    also in the last 10 minutes they were each in doing some grunt work defending and Mead and Gordon were the 2 markers at one point.

Since everything else has gone to pot 'n is now being restructured (within the Titans) for the better. I do seriously believe the Coaching Dept needs a broom thru it as well. Sorry Carty 'n Co, you've had more than enough time to be on top of it. We simply can't go on handing 2 points away every #%@$ing weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Yep and it's going to become common practise from now on. Kev got into the middle and almost shrugged free of the defenders which was very lucky for the Roosters.

If the 2 get use to combining with each other at the line they will do good things. It is part of their game plan and it's great to hear.

i miss 2010
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    i miss 2010
    2010 was the year I was convinced Carty was never going to win a Grand Final.
    Titans fans were blinded by hope, when really our attack didn't show any signs of beating any of the top 4 sides in games that mattered.

Well I voted no but agree Carty's position is getting very tenuous. It just goes to show the stupidity of giving a coach (I mean any coach not just ours) a 5 year deal.
    Everyone knew that despite all the players we bought that the 5/8 problem still remained and that is how it has played out this season. Putting Bird back there again the other week was just stupid. I sat with some neutral supporters on Sat night who just could not believe how badly structured the Titans attack was, so flat and boring.
    However some of the panic type positional moves suggested here such as Mead to fullback are crazy. He usually gets out jumped by his opposite every week so having a midget fullback is not clever. That reminds me though - why are the Titans the worst team for protecting their wingers from cross field kicks.
    Get a 5/8 and as others have said bring in Sezer and just stick with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    However some of the panic type positional moves suggested here such as Mead to fullback are crazy. He usually gets out jumped by his opposite every week so having a midget fullback is not clever........
    What on earth is Bellamy, Meninga & Sheens thinking putting Slater at fullback then? Talking about midgets, that kid was actually a track jockey! Then you got the likes of Ben Barba, Matty Bowen, ect, ect... I'm not sure what you class as a midget, but Mead is at least 6ft tall. He also played Fullback for PNG, and marked every ball that the Australian team kicked\bombed to him. I suppose that blows that 'clever' theory?
    Last edited by Ryan; 09-04-12 at 12:50 PM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What on earth is Bellamy, Meninga & Sheens thinking putting Slater at fullback then? Talking about midgets, that kid was actually a track jockey! Then you got the likes of Ben Barba, Matty Bowen, ect, ect... I'm not sure what you class as a midget, but Mead is at least 6ft tall. He also played Fullback for PNG, and marked every ball that the Australian team kicked\bombed to him. I suppose that blows that 'clever' theory?
    Yeah good points about Slater mate but you are kidding if you think Mead is in his class. I am still not convinced about Barba. Anyway at the end of the day, who is playing wing or fullback for the Titans is not that relevant at the moment. The problems start a lot closer in.

not convinced on barba ? did you not watch the doggies game fml :|

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?