View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Question Cartwright - time to go???

It's a simple question. Is it time (or even way over time) for Cartwright to go?

For those at the game, he was booed each time he came up on the big screen. That's never a good sign, but even more obvious is the fact we were wooden spooners last year and are now looking at 1-7 even with what is probably the best forward pack in the game and millions of dollars spent buying new talent on top of the millions of dollars of talent we currently have loitering around out on the field.

So, is it the players fault, or is it the coaches fault?

Should Cartwright stay, or should he go?

ps, if a mod can make this thread into a poll that would be great.

I don't comment on this forum much but I read the comments daily to find out everyones thoughts. In the past I have given Carty the benefit of the doubt as I have with Prince but my view has now changed and I think he must go. There is no doubt that we have the talent in the team but it is not coming together and we are not winning matches.

I hear a lot of people say things are improving and there is a lot of improvement since last week etc etc. In the end of the day there may be promising signs and we may do some good things but we are not winning games. You can be the best team on the park week after week but if you do not win the game it means nothing. We have the best squad that we have had in our history and lots of other teams would love to have some of our players but we are just not getting the two points. Cartwright has to go and the sooner the better!
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

ps, if a mod can make this thread into a poll that would be great.
    Done mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

I would like to see Carty get some help from an assistant coach & replace the Oxygen Theif Murphy as the "Touch Footy Rep Player" has offered nothing from his time with the 20's till now

I would love to see maybe big Mal lend a hand & I have heard the name Rick Stone being thrown up recently as a possible replacement , Jason Taylor could be another ...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Done mate
    Thanks mate. I like the 3rd option you've put in, because in my mind what he has done (?) with the Forward pack has been nothing short of outstanding.

But that's only half the job.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I would like to see Carty get some help from an assistant coach & replace the Oxygen Theif Murphy as the "Touch Footy Rep Player" has offered nothing from his time with the 20's till now

I would love to see maybe big Mal lend a hand & I have heard the name Rick Stone being thrown up recently as a possible replacement , Jason Taylor could be another ...
    I've always liked Taylor as a player and coach even though he isn't always the best people person.

I remember he was the one who gave hayne his debut after Brian smith held h back for ages.

If I was sezer and rankin he is exactly the guy I'd hope takes over. He would teach them the craft of organizing a team

The thing is everytime we fixed something in attack then another element of our game falls. Its just really fustrating...
    ''Unfortunately my dad is not around anymore, but I know he'll be watching down on me and I just want to make him proud." - Jordan Rankin

I doubt we can afford to pay out Cartys contract, so I'll go the assistant route.

A definite 'yes' for me.

If so...You'd have to think every coach that wants a crack in the NRL would be applying...including Rick Stone
    I wouldn't go with big Mal

Carty would be a great assistant

You cant balme the coach altogeather 17 blokes all need to turn up to play
    The injuries have also taken its toll on key players
    If Carty his full squad all fit and on the park at the same time things may be different
    I have always been a fan of Falloons and although young Shrama is a great little player and defender we need Falloon back ASAP to control the ruck and add some spark in attack

We need someone in there who can build on the fundamentals of football to eliminate some errors.

Then we need someone who can design some set plays so we look like scoring.

Is that Cartwright?

The players certainly arnt helping Cartys cause but I think it's time for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The players certainly arnt helping Cartys cause but I think it's time for something different.
    Ive read articles in sports papers that specifically talk about what to do when a sporting team isnt playing well. The important thing the article described is to try something new. Carty fails to do this simple thing.

Whats the point in putting Michaels in centre? Try something different. Put Peyroux in.

Why does Carty keep putting Bird at 5/8. We have tried this before on alot of occasions and we all know its not going to do a great amount of spark to our game. TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT LIKE PUTTING SEZER IN?

Try something new like putting Javarn White at fullback?

This are some of the few things we should try to get into a winning rhythm again. Carty needs to mix it up and try to create new winning formulas to make us into a threat in the NRL.

WE HAVE TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Isn't one of Wayne Bennett's maxims, "if you do what you've always done, you'll only get more what you've been getting." or something to that effect.

Punt him ... probably a nice guy but the playing culture is flawed ... Murphy also should be axed. Stone and/or Taylor would get my vote.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.