Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Before I give the Warriors fans too much credit some of their fans were a downright embarrassment during the minutes silence at the start of the game. A sad indictment on their entire country!!
    Spot on mate no respect at all
    #itaintweaktospeak

It has to be said, and this is just how low we have sunk..... Even Parramatta would have beaten us tonight.

Btw, "lose" and "loose" are two different words. Please learn the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Btw, "lose" and "loose" are two different words. Please learn the difference.
    I think the social media allows for loose interpretations although the English language does lose a lot through the denigration of its structure ... remind you of something?

Solid but hardly superstars like Croker and Ferguson will eat anything we put in front of them and I repeat they are hardly top shelf. Champion looks like he's gone for the season and where does that leave us?

We are in so deep that it looks like those clubs that have toughed it out but stuck at their guns will pass us while we mark time. Panthers, Eels, Knights, Roosters and even the damn Raiders all have momentum while we have ... excuses.

I am totally with Karnage in that our coach is on another planet. I am also with all those who will renew their memberships but I have every intention of flying from China for the AGM to voice my opinion ... I suppose there would have to be a public AGM first though wouldn't there? and therein lies the root of the problem.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-07-12 at 01:02 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think the social media allows for loose interpretations although the English language does lose a lot through the denigration of its structure ... remind you of something?

Solid but hardly superstars like Croker and Ferguson will eat anything we put in front of them and I repeat they are hardly top shelf. Champion looks like he's gone for the season and where does that leave us?
    What did Champion do?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The one positive I took out of this game was the Prince to Sezer to whoever on the right side in attack when they were on the front foot. They really sent the ball across the field nicely and the finishing was superb.

The Mead try was one of his best finishes ever.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Our completion rate was really bad too, as bad as the Titans of 2011. I don't know why those errors crept back into our game tonight.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 08-07-12 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    What did Champion do?
    He clutched at his ankle after making a tackle early in the 2nd half. He got back in the line as we were defending but was replaced straight away.
    Not sure how serious it is.

Don't get me started on Idris - the fat whale was beyond pathetic tonight. How good did Mead look early on playing outside a centre who knows what he is doing?? (Too bad he is made of glass...) Idris does nothing for Kevvie.
    I didn't watch the game but the highlights don't show what you are talking about with Idris.
    First try, Sezer left him stranded by coming in on the decoy runner.
    The try Idris sets up started with a great read in defense pressuring the Warriors to drop the ball.

What was he doing to deserve your comments above?

QLD Cup

Disappointing to say the least. Plenty of excuses but no discipline and no development in this squad, no hope of the finals. If the maroons hadn't won on Wednesday I would be pretty down this morning. Just think next years big thing is another big undisciplined player in Taylor. Might have to go back to following the Broncos which I ditched when the Titans formed.

Few things, The negatives. I thought bj was shocking tonight and that hurts me to say! Henderson and odweyer just aren't up to Nrl standard plain and simple. Idris is just overweight if he lost 15 kgs he'd be lethal outside. Positives, I thought Luke Douglas and Ryan James where standouts they both made 40 plus tackles against the biggest side in the comp. hopefully James retains his spot in the 17. And as always david mean that kid is a champion!

yeah there a **** tonne of negatives last night.

the guys who can stand tall are Meady, Dougie and Big Ryan James, who stopped trying to fight everyone and just cleaned up the ruck and made a heap of tackles. I also thought Ridge looked like a real first grader, not a kid on the cusp.

I thought we looked real good early through Prince,Sezer and Champion, and it was clearly a tactic to attack the warriors over-compressed defensive system, but when we starting dropping ball, we went away from a tacticthat was darn easy to implement when you can throw a long ball like prince and sezer and have finishers like champion and mead.

On Idris, he was woeful at times, but i also think he looked the most committed and interested as he has all year. he was getting back quickly to have a hit up often and getting involved. it wont matter much till he gets 'unfat' though.

Zillman missed a catch at the end for a try that most NRL players should swallow let alone a fullback...

one more on meady...is there anyone better 10 out from the line with only a metre or 2 width to work with? he is special, and similar to prestos farewell last year, some players should be ashamed of the effort they put in for him last night.

I had a little chuckle a few times watching Ryan, you could see he wanted to go nuts but he must have had some prior advice to behave running through the back of his head
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I didn't watch the game but the highlights don't show what you are talking about with Idris.
    First try, Sezer left him stranded by coming in on the decoy runner.
    The try Idris sets up started with a great read in defense pressuring the Warriors to drop the ball.

What was he doing to deserve your comments above?
    You are spot on with the first try - Sezar looked clueless so it wasn't his fault but I still think he should have been able to match motors with Hurrel and tackle him before the line.

You asked so here goes. I am happy to be put straight if anybody disagrees with this:

1. His kick chase is terribly poor. We never present a straight line on the chase on his edge because he does not push up in a straight line with the other outside backs / forwards.

2. He does not run onto the ball. He gets the ball, he ambles up to the line and then tries to swat defenders away ala Greg Inglis. He should be running hard onto the ball and making the defenders work to bring him down. If Carty wants to see how that is done he can show him tape of a player like Steve Matai or even Colin Best, centres who hit the ball up with purpose.

3. We had them shot to bits at one stage in the second half. We were tackled about 2m out and had the warriors shot to bits on the left with Idris and Kevvie one on one with the warriors centre/wing. Idris positioned himself terribly to receive the ball and ended up hitting the ball up into the defenders who were at marker and lost the ball in the collision. If he had any football brain at all he would have positioned himself wide of the ruck and steamrolled the opposition centre one on one.

4. He does not provide a target for wide kicks in attack, but I do concede this could be the fault of our halves who played particularly direction-less football last night.

When Champion is in the team and fit our side is a different prospect. He runs hard and provides space for his elite outside man, making every one in the entire backline look good in the process. Idris provides NOTHING. He creates NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I will always renew my Membership.
    Yeah... we will too. There is no way in the world I could be anywhere other than out at the footy cheering the boys on. These two rubbish years should make the light at the end of the tunnel all the sweeter.

You are spot on with the first try - Sezar looked clueless so it wasn't his fault but I still think he should have been able to match motors with Hurrel and tackle him before the line.

You asked so here goes. I am happy to be put straight if anybody disagrees with this:

1. His kick chase is terribly poor. We never present a straight line on the chase on his edge because he does not push up in a straight line with the other outside backs / forwards.

2. He does not run onto the ball. He gets the ball, he ambles up to the line and then tries to swat defenders away ala Greg Inglis. He should be running hard onto the ball and making the defenders work to bring him down. If Carty wants to see how that is done he can show him tape of a player like Steve Matai or even Colin Best, centres who hit the ball up with purpose.

3. We had them shot to bits at one stage in the second half. We were tackled about 2m out and had the warriors shot to bits on the left with Idris and Kevvie one on one with the warriors centre/wing. Idris positioned himself terribly to receive the ball and ended up hitting the ball up into the defenders who were at marker and lost the ball in the collision. If he had any football brain at all he would have positioned himself wide of the ruck and steamrolled the opposition centre one on one.

4. He does not provide a target for wide kicks in attack, but I do concede this could be the fault of our halves who played particularly direction-less football last night.

When Champion is in the team and fit our side is a different prospect. He runs hard and provides space for his elite outside man, making every one in the entire backline look good in the process. Idris provides NOTHING. He creates NOTHING.
    You missed the obvious one - rushing up and in to allow Maloney to lollipop the ball over his head to Hurrel who touched down in the corner.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]