Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

It is not this round that I am referring to in particular ... it is the litany of excuses without hard decisions. That forward pack tonight with the exception of James has played the majority of the season ... no excuse.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That forward pack tonight with the exception of James has played the majority of the season ... no excuse.
    Basically Im saying that if there was ever a night for excuses tonight is as good as any.
    Last edited by teke; 07-07-12 at 11:22 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The equation is simple, we need to beat all but one of our next 8 opponents, which include the Broncos, Storm and Souths who all look likely to be top 4 or there abouts. Can we do it? Yes, but not without the ball which is how we tries to play the Warriors. Will the big 4 help us, they wouldn't have dropped as much ball or missed as many tackles as their replacements did, so absolutely.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    I need to check my sums and get back to you.
    This will be interesting...

After last night I believe that we won't make the eight as much as it hurts me to say. I will be happy if we finish 12th or above on the back of our performances this year. I think that this origin period has shown what we need to do next year as far a development and recruitment. The Origin period this year highlighted the lack of quality depth that we have at the club and that Carty is poor in the development and retention of players.

QLD Cup

lol ... we have had excuses for every game we lose ... just face it, other teams are just better than us, with more depth and a much better idea of how to play.
    Got to agree. Listened to the game while driving to work. I could have substituted the commentary with the commentary from nearly all the games this season. The Dragons match convinced me that we have no hope this year but this match convinced me no hope next year either unless there is a radical turn around in attitude and approach which can only come from a new coach.

Forget this crap you guys ... we should thank our lucky stars if we can avoid the spoon again. We certainly do not deserve to play finals.
    BINGO!!! This is where my head is at for 2012. To put as much space between us 'n that spoon is good enough for me. Top 8 is and will remain an outlandish dream..

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Basically Im saying that if there was ever a night for excuses tonight is as good as any.
    Understandably teke. Fair enough we had four big guns out. But we should have the calibre within our squad to match any other NRL Team on the day.

This time in 2011 we could've probably used it and get away with it, due to the huge injury toll we had. But here we are now 'n it doesn't seem feesable to try 'n use that excuse..

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Understandably teke. Fair enough we had four big guns out. But we should have the calibre within our squad to match any other NRL Team on the day.

This time in 2011 we could've probably used it and get away with it, due to the huge injury toll we had. But here we are now 'n it doesn't seem feesable to try 'n use that excuse..
    Sounds like everyone expected a win vs a full strength Warriros side...nah, otherwise we wouldnt have been whinging about playing Hendo, Odwyer, Lawrence, James prior to the game.

The only thing that was inexcusable was the way the team played, terrible.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

It goes like this ... for those defending Cartwright then you could say that by keeping the same players such as Henderson, Michaels, Peyroux, O'Dwyer et al in the first 17 this works in our favour for games like last night but when we play like that it exposes what a lot of codswallop that strategy is.

Quality youth being given opportunities and then taking a season or so of hard times to build them up. Instead we have a group of nuffies who will never be able to replace the quality group with anything but numbers and that is not enough.

For those who use Melbourne as an example, the difference is they worked their way to frontrunners by using their quality players well while they had them ... we didn't. We are buttering both sides of the bread and wondering why we have sticky fingers.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

It goes like this ... for those defending Cartwright then you could say that by keeping the same players such as Henderson, Michaels, Peyroux, O'Dwyer et al in the first 17 this works in our favour for games like last night but when we play like that it exposes what a lot of codswallop that strategy is.

Quality youth being given opportunities and then taking a season or so of hard times to build them up. Instead we have a group of nuffies who will never be able to replace the quality group with anything but numbers and that is not enough.

For those who use Melbourne as an example, the difference is they worked their way to frontrunners by using their quality players well while they had them ... we didn't. We are buttering both sides of the bread and wondering why we have sticky fingers.
    There is noone defending Carty.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these nuffies replacing the guns are the best replacements the current Titans squad has.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

i think we are sat right where we deserve.

we arent a bottom four team... but we arent a top eight team either.

are we improving?...some weeks it seems so, others not so much... i think we can build again next year and get into the top 8, but with our squad we should have got there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think we are sat right where we deserve.

we arent a bottom four team... but we arent a top eight team either.
    Yeah we def arnt a bottom 4 team but you couldnt convince anyone from Sat nights play.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

My problem is not that these guys played last night - it is that when our big guns do return Carty will pick the wrong team:
    1. He will pick a guy who just won the Wally Lewis Medal in the second row, at prop.
    2. He will start Mini and leave Douglas, among the best 80min props in the NRL, languishing on the bench.
    3. He will have O'Dwyer in the team ahead of Ridge.
    4. He will persist with Zillman at fullback even when he looks about as likely to break the opposition line as I would in gumboots after drinking a sixpack.
    5. Point 4 is likely to persist until 2018!! My God, the worst fullback in the entire NRL has been locked away until 2018... Next to that decision the CoE looks like a genius move.
    6. He will continue to play Idris even though he is presenting himself to work in an unprofessional manner.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    My problem is not that these guys played last night - it is that when our big guns do return Carty will pick the wrong team:
    1. He will pick a guy who just won the Wally Lewis Medal in the second row, at prop.
    2. He will start Mini and leave Douglas, among the best 80min props in the NRL, languishing on the bench.
    3. He will have O'Dwyer in the team ahead of Ridge.
    4. He will persist with Zillman at fullback even when he looks about as likely to break the opposition line as I would in gumboots after drinking a sixpack.
    5. Point 4 is likely to persist until 2018!! My God, the worst fullback in the entire NRL has been locked away until 2018... Next to that decision the CoE looks like a genius move.
    6. He will continue to play Idris even though he is presenting himself to work in an unprofessional manner.
    Well said couldn't agree more.