Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default our debut match on TV now!

hey guys heads up for those not at work today.

our debut match in 07 is the fox sports head 2 head reply right now.

it started at 930am so just started.

i like the jersey more than i remember, just the shorts are crap.

Can't watch it over here but totally agree about the jersey. Why we changed it is beyond me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i remember how the game panned out, but not exactly who scored or when.

so when Friendy switched in Hendo near the line i was about to laugh my ass off is he scored a try....but he dropped it like the Goat i know and love...to hate.

Im watching, brings back AMAZING memories. We really debuted in style even though we didnt win. Which is hard when you compare the debuts of GWS and the Suns.

Huge crowd of around 42k from memory. I remember sitting in the sun with my giant Titans flag!

Thanks for sharing DavidBouveng , Ive alerted other Titans fans through the Legion facebook page!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I agree on the jersey, we downgraded. This one has more white, is lighter blue and a nice simple and classy design.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I agree on the jersey, we downgraded. This one has more white, is lighter blue and a nice simple and classy design.
    if we could use and updated version of this jersey with the blue shorts, and make the yellow on the jersey run into yellow on the shorts that would be awesome.

we always struggled to match the shorts for some reason.

good memories in the match though. i was there too.

good to see boof laffranchi, friendy before we knew he was a gun and others.

its funny to see how many we people we turned over too, randoms like stosic, kahler, paea.

seeing Gavin Cooper as a triple rat tail wearing kid who looked like hed never make it, now he makes a living running of JT.

good fun

Damn!!! I want to watch that - is there a re-replay scheduled???

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I'll have a look when I get the tv back from my 18 month old and DORA'S grasp...

A tremendous start to our club. But I still carry a grudge against these Dragons, so let's put em to the sword this Friday as a measure of pay back!

Another question,

We looked quite crisp in this game...sharp and united, so how come we could get 25 players together that had never played together then but not 7 this year?

Also, I am one of cartys critics when it comes to tactics, lack of development, and selections....so basically coaching in general, but looking back to 08-09, we were topping the table in those seasons with some of the best and sharpest structure in the game. How could he do it then and not now?

Is there someone gone from the coaching staff? Was princey and Preston responsible for it? I honestly don't see how we could go from silky smooth to a stuttering, bumbling unorganized mess in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Another question,

We looked quite crisp in this game...sharp and united, so how come we could get 25 players together that had never played together then but not 7 this year?

Also, I am one of cartys critics when it comes to tactics, lack of development, and selections....so basically coaching in general, but looking back to 08-09, we were topping the table in those seasons with some of the best and sharpest structure in the game. How could he do it then and not now?

Is there someone gone from the coaching staff? Was princey and Preston responsible for it? I honestly don't see how we could go from silky smooth to a stuttering, bumbling unorganized mess in a season.
    Even in 2010 the writing was on the wall with an aging roster ... winning games on the back of some fortuitous play centered around a few freaky players ... that then led us into 2011 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Even in 2010 the writing was on the wall with an aging roster ... winning games on the back of some fortuitous play centered around a few freaky players ... that then led us into 2011 and beyond.
    Oh no question in 2010 we over achieved and were oddly winning while our play was actually declining.

I left 2010 out though because of this and was asking about 08 and 09 because no one can deny we looked pretty good until injury smashed us.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Another question,

I was a strong critic on Carty's coaching back then even though we were winning.
    I saw a very strong squad with a dominating forward pack...the same problem still exists...we don't have an attacking structure to put the important points on the board...we were never going to win a grand final.
    Last edited by Chaos; 20-06-12 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Nope, not from what I seen on the Foxtel's TV guide webpage. I was fortunate to catch the last 30 minutes, though if someone knows where to source it. I would most definitely be interested in it as well..

acrossthetasman.com