Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Feel sorry for Uate because he has been one of the best in past series but in saying that, I feel a lot safer with him not being in the side for the decider. Don't think I could handle the suspense everytime Queensland bomb his side.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

uate aint playing great footy atm...i wasnt suprised by this at all especially with his last game for nsw and especially the form of newcastle

Nielsen, Bowen and Te'o named so the injury ogre raises its ugly head again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Default Bird to get tyro props firing for Origin

Steve Jancetic AAP Tue, Jun 26, 2012 - 6:42 PM

NSW back-rower Greg Bird says he will take it upon himself to ensure greenhorn State of Origin props James Tamou and Tim Grant are ready for what they're going to face in next week's series decider.

Bird credited the work of the towering front-row combination for getting the Blues on the front foot in the series-levelling win in Sydney, but admitted their task would be even tougher in the Suncorp Stadium cauldron.

"It's going to be the other boys' job - me and a few of the senior guys - to get in their ear and really make sure they're prepared for the onslaught, which at Suncorp can be quite intimidating," Bird said.

"The decider at Suncorp, Queensland are going to be firing and we've got to be pretty sharp to compete."

Tamou and Grant have come from nowhere to suddenly give the Blues an imposing presence, but it is the effect they are having on some of their teammates which Bird claims has been just as significant.

Skipper Paul Gallen, who produced one of the most amazing Origin displays when picked at prop during last year's series, has been freed to return to his more natural position of lock as a result of the pair's emergence.

"I think they take a lot of pressure off Gal, who can be found doing too much," Bird said.

"He'd like to play 80 and doing everything, make 30 hitups, but at this level, you need him doing some real quality stuff rather than quantity.

"Timmy and Jimmy have been doing great stuff for us. I expect them to really step it up for the decider."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Thurston promises fans no repeat of pain of Origin 2005

THE pain and hurt still lingers large for Johnathan Thurston. It does for all involved that night.

If NSW think they have got the mortgage on Origin heartbreak heading into Wednesday's decider, they only need to ask the Queensland quartet of Thurston, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva and Corey Parker if they remember what happened at Suncorp Stadium on July 6, 2005.

It was the night Ricky "Sticky" Stuart celebrated his first campaign as coach of NSW with an emphatic 32-10 win in front of 52,436 silenced fans as the Blues claimed their third straight series win.

The images tell the story. A jubilant Matt King, Andrew "Joey" Johns and Danny Buderus in a celebratory embrace.

And the inconsolable Maroons slumped to the turf.

It was the most hurtful defeat Queensland have experienced in recent history. At the time it was an equal record series-losing streak.

For Thurston, it was an awful way to end his debut Origin series at halfback.

"Yep, it was not a good feeling," Thurston recalled.

"There'd only be a few of the boys in this team that have lost a series, so yeah, it's not a place where you want to go."

For now skipper Smith it continued a nightmare start to his Origin career.

"It was a pretty empty feeling," Smith said. "To lose any series is hard enough, but to lose like that in front of your home fans hurts.

"Fortunately for us we haven't lost one in a long time now. But you do remember the times you walk off and have lost the series.

"It happened to me in '04 and '05. It's not a good feeling. You work so hard and to walk away empty-handed is a shallow feeling.

"It is worse at home. We all want to do well in front of fans and to see the Blues partying like that on your turf, it's hard to accept.

"It's not something I want to experience again."

While it might not be the best memory for Queensland to reflect upon as they prepare for Stuart to lead another Blues group up to snatch the series crown on Maroons territory, it was an important evening in the transformation of this dominant football team.

Only six players from that decider side were selected for Origin I the following year, as rookie coach Mal Meninga rebuilt and reshaped the Maroons.

"When Mal first took over, he made a point that preparation, not talent, is the key to winning these matches and you look back at games where we weren't so successful, you look at our training and it wasn't where it needed to be," Smith said.

"When I first started, NSW were a very dominant side, we were facing four series losses in a row and myself and JT were just starting out. We were coming up against a NSW that was pretty much the Australian team at the time.

"But Mal brought all the team together and said 'boys, they are only human. They can get knocked down just like us; just go out believing they aren't better than us', and that's been the key with Mal."

No doubt Meninga's words in 2006 are similar to the rhetoric Stuart is delivering to NSW in camp this week.

Last year NSW came to Queensland hoping to snatch the series win but they did not believe, and it showed in their jittery opening 20 minutes.

Retiring prop Civoniceva can sense the Blues are beginning to look and feel a lot like they did seven years ago.

Their tails are up, Stuart has them full of confidence and they are coming to Brisbane ready to secure the title in a decider.

"They are playing with plenty of confidence like they did in 2005," Civoniceva said.

"Ricky Stuart would be very happy with what his side has done in the first two games, and having been coached by Ricky, I know what he is like. He came back from 1-0 in 2005 and he will think he will do it again, but we won't be lying down this time.

"They will see us as a bit vulnerable after losing Game Two. I think as a group we feel we can definitely improve.

I think if we're all honest with ourselves we have all been down a little bit. We got off to a win in Game One and they won Game Two but we are going to welcome them to our home ground this time and we'll be ready to go."

http://www.couriermail.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Game Day!!!

GO THE BLUES

Blues By 12
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I am so bloody nervous. Just glad Ill be there with 50k other Maroons.

Inglis for man of the match!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yeah i am getting Butterflys already , will be an awesome game

Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

News is Brett Stewart is gonneee... for the game.

That's a game changer..

Maybe I should have started the sentence with "The word is....."

Cannot find that news anywhere

havent seen that news either im watching the 92 classic state of origin good to see carty score a try! cmon blues !

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    News is Brett Stewart is gonneee... for the game.

That's a game changer..
    Is it April 1st

Was that news from the same people who said Dave Taylor will be playing tonight

Can't wait till kick off this will be a cracker , Blues by 7
    #itaintweaktospeak

Breaking News:
    Brett Stewart Ruled Out Of Origin
    Decider

Hi Shaun,

Brett Stewart Ruled Out Of Origin Decider

You heard it here first, Brett Stewart has been removed from the NSW line-up (at least at BETEZY).

We're taking bets that QLD will beat the Blues when any points scored by NSW's Brett Stewart are removed. With NSW's play-maker eliminated, there will never be a better opportunity for you to win by backing Queensland.

If you are a Blues supporter you can also back NSW to win and eliminate any points scored by QLD's key threat, Greg Inglis.

To take advantage, simply place a head to head bet.

You must click a link from this email to be eligible for this offer. Click here for full Terms and Conditions

This is from the Betezy site

But maybe they were taking the piss outa me...