Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Play Idris on the wing and just tell him to run straight and hard! Mead fullback Champion right centre and Zillman inside Gordon on the left. Idris would handle the bombs and it's be great to see him brin it back at speed from kicks down field. Good luck stopping him once he gets a full head of steam up.
    We pay a guy a fortune and then hide him on the wing?? I could imagine opposition halfbacks having an absolute field day grubbering in behind Idris if he was an opposing winger - he turns like the Queen Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I haven't commented for a while but I'm a little shocked at the general opinion in the comments.
    I thought the team performed very well against a very good team who had home advantage and were also very desperate to get a win and get their season going.
    The difference between these two good teams in a hard fought contest was a silly penalty by one of our most experienced players at the worst possible time on the worst possible place on the field.
    We had there measure all game just couldn't finish. Better luck next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Agree. To me Myles and Harrison look tired which would be expected given that they have played 2 Origins in between. So I would expect a mistakes from both given they are expected to do alot at Origin level. Both including Bird come back to club and put in really well. Just a shame we don't have diecent depth to allow those boys a rest through this time or a coach with the balls to play other players beside Goat Boy ie Page or Falloon.
    You can't be thinking Myles gave away the silly penalty surely

If O'Dwyer hadn't had a second leg pull moments earlier the Myles event would not have happened...

Mind you, I haven't seen the reply yet so perhaps Chalky's moment happened ages before. The amount of alcohol consumed by me waiting for the 9:30pm start does hinder my thought process..

.......on another note Hadleee is getting worse. I don't mind the 'staged' theatrics between Warren and Gould, It can actually be amusing at times and they know when to start and stop whilst the footy is on (most of the time) but Hadlee! He tried the same thing with Fittler and it not only didn't work, I was yelling at the telly pleading with them to stop it and just go back to his drab footy calling of..."the centre three quarter has passed to the wing three quarter'. For farks sake Hadlee.......Centre to Winger will do..

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    We pay a guy a fortune and then hide him on the wing?? I could imagine opposition halfbacks having an absolute field day grubbering in behind Idris if he was an opposing winger - he turns like the Queen Mary.
    I'd be just as happy to hide him in Q cup. The money has gone, nothing we can do about that now. If he's not up to the standard required, regardless of what he's paid, he should be dumped until he's up to speed. Having said that, at least he looked like he knew where the try line actually is the other night. It's a start.

The way mead is playing this season I think his best position is fullback, I'm not saying he is playing crap this season, he's actually one of our best players, it would be his best position because if we can put him in broken play he could be very dangerous.

My top five players to play fullback for the titans.

1. Mead
    2. Dowling
    3. Zillman
    4. Champion
    5. Graham

Im happy as it is. Mead gets the nod over everyone else when Zilly is out.

Dave cant handle the pace at FB for an entire match, he is an explosive runner and is doing fine injecting himself into the action from wing when he sees fit.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Im happy as it is. Mead gets the nod over everyone else when Zilly is out.

Dave cant handle the pace at FB for an entire match, he is an explosive runner and is doing fine injecting himself into the action from wing when he sees fit.
    Now that's what I'm talking about. If it ain't broke ....
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Damn, would have been 2 points out of the 8 if we had won this with a bye coming up and most staff back on deck.

So many niggling injuries, the bye couldn't have come at a better time. I look forward to seeing our full strength side come back on.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

this was such a back and forth game...i was lucky enough to be at the game...i think the dragons were lucky to run away with this one

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    this was such a back and forth game...i was lucky enough to be at the game...i think the dragons were lucky to run away with this one
    Late penalties iced it but I still wish we could have made something of those early repeat sets.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.