Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Idris is fast becoming a deadset liability, now we've seen him on the right, let's get him back to the left or QCup.
    QCup...are you serious?
    I thought I read another post by you that stated you have coached before.
    Would you not design a structure to at least put him into a on-on-one situation.
    He's big, strong and can hit the line at speed.

At present he receives the ball with three guys marking him...even Johns and Fittler were trying to coach Carty from commentary.
    Last edited by Chaos; 22-06-12 at 11:01 PM.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151019618625932
    titans v dragons last year i just found on a mates phone! if only tonight was like that night

might cheer some ppl up

pretty sure it was the try that tomane scored in the corner with his body over the side line, great try, great game. no phil graham
    Last edited by patskE; 22-06-12 at 11:06 PM.

mead ^^ i think

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

We look to me like a team who needs the bye. The majority of our forwards just would not push in the tackle. As soon as the defender put a body on them they just surrendered. Harrison pissed me off absolutely no end- how can he look so different in an Origin jumper? Where's the pride?

We lost that game during the dominant fifteen minutes in the first half where we just could not break over the goal line. So many repeat sets for nothing.

It was competitive and I guess we should at least be thankful for that. No idea where this sits us as far as making the eight goes. I'm not real confident right now. Lets see how the results fall over the weekend.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

And Myles ***** slapping Jamal was a highlight for me. I especially like Jamal's little stanky leg thing he does when he gets hurt. He pulled the same thing during his poor pass / sore hamstring tumble earlier in the year.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but jesus christ- considering his pay packet it's only fair we expect a decent return. I can't wait until we have Taylor in the side as well...
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Great game tonight even though we lost , add Bird & Bails & we win easy but it wasn't to be , thought Myles was the standout with great games from Sezar,Srama & Mead but can't believe there are comments on Hendo playing bad , thought his 2nd half was excellent with some great defense , if Idris can put 4 or 5 shots on like he did to Creigh he will be feared by the opposition.

The seasons not over by a long way , this team is building nicely for the final 10 games & if nothing else we are showing plenty of ticker considering last week we only had 14 players for the majority of the match & tonight only 15, Harro must be injured & Peyroux maybe he was just forgotten
    #itaintweaktospeak

half of our team is forgotten... ie rankin dowling cough cough

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    QCup...are you serious?
    I thought I read another post by you that stated you have coached before.
    Would you not design a structure to at least put him into a on-on-one situation.
    He's big, strong and can hit the line at speed.

At present he receives the ball with three guys marking him...even Johns and Fittler were trying to coach Carty from commentary.
    I have no doubt that if someone got inside his head with some clear direction then he could well be what his potential suggests, however, neither me nor you are coaching this team and the bloke that is either cannot or will not do what's required ... so off to the QCup because that was again a poor effort tonight and somebody needs to wake him up. I wonder if he watches himself or does he have a thing against giving clean ball to his outside men ... Gordon has never got a pass from him and neither has Mead or Graham. I don't criticise his earning because that's a completely different issue and if he can get away with under-performing then good luck to him.

Futhermore, I am not referring to either his brain explosion flick pass or his rolling around dead on the ground both of which were not good looks but his positioning in defence in particular is woeful. I add that I would very much like to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-06-12 at 12:14 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Had to work tonight so just finished watching the replay then.

Jamal

My goodness
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gordon has never got a pass from him .....
    Not quite right. He passed to Gordon (I think?) with the line wide open in front of himself for that 'no try' near the end.
    Why the hell would he pass it? 5 metres out with nobody in front!!! Useless!

Titans should have won this game tonight.

Johns and Fitler really were helping Carty out tonight.

I was very pleased with a few players especially Mead, I was quite nervous for him all day but like always he came through with a solid effort. More experience and better positioning he will break the line at will in the near future.

Sramas last 5/6 weeks of footy has been great, he is getting to dummy and not fart arsing around, clean crisp passing is giving the halves alot of time on the ball.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Yeah it's funny ... how Michaels can play 100 first grade games and still have no idea how to defend ... running out of the line like a park player and he wasn't alone on that side either but I'll get shouted down for saying that ... oh well, we will avoid the Spoon and that'll have to do.
    You're not referring to Kevs constant attempts intercepts are you?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I have no doubt that if someone got inside his head with some clear direction then he could well be what his potential suggests, however, neither me nor you are coaching this team and the bloke that is either cannot or will not do what's required ... so off to the QCup because that was again a poor effort tonight and somebody needs to wake him up.
    There is no use dropping every player that has played under Cartwright because that don't know what lines to run.

Beside Mead..name one payer in the backline that fans didn't want to drop at some stage?

How about dropping the coach so these players can perform.

Sorry Chaos, but Idris is fu$%!ng useless.

Yes Pete, he did put a good hit on Creagh, caught him unaware and it looked good on TV, but really it's not quite enough to justify all the mistakes and wasted space/money out there.

I get the distinct feeling that our halves, and others, DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THE BALL TO IDRIS in general play, and after watching some of his brain explosions with the ball, it's not really a surprise. Sure, feed him for a hit up, but he's got no idea what to do under pressure and shows no creativity for a centre.

Sorry to tell you, but Idris is fast becoming a one-trick pony, well, Clydesdale, and it won't take long before he is totally shut down, like he was on almost every hit up he did last night.

I also have the feeling that Cartwirght doesn't really trust him out there either, and that is why IMO Peyroux is taking up valuable real estate on the bench.

You are probably all seeing that I am totally underwhelmed by Idris so far, but you don't pay overs on "potential", you pay the sort of money he is on for results.

I don't blame Idris for the loss, or his state of play/fitness/condition, I blame the coaching staff, but like Titanic says, at some point he needs to go and find some match fitness and confidence and ability. In other words, turn that "potential" into performance. In the meant time, we need someone who can create something, who is fit, hungry and eager, and I would take Peyroux over Idirs any day, until Idris shows some form in Q cup.