Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
I think the planet they were on was a military outpost for biological warefare development. Safely far away from their home planet.
Yeah, I had that idea too, but like you say, why would they make that the future rally point? I thought it was their planet but they had been wiped out by the bacteria and it just needed a good clean by the maid. But then that wouldn't explain why they lived on a planet with the wrong atmosphere, assuming they are O2 breathers like us (which the movie suggests), so now I can see your point is probably most valid. Just illustrates the stupidity of painting invitations in caves to a party at a military outpost 500 Million K's away in the remote hope someone might turn up thousands of years later.

I am so disappointed that after 30+ years, that the Engineer is just a giant humanoid who needs some sun.
Haha, best quote. We could do with a couple of engineers in the backrow.

Also, Weyland INC funded the mission for a trillion space bucks and the owner of the biggest company in the galaxy is also on board. Well I'd have a far better crew than the bunch of opportunitic academic mercenaries and hippies. Special forces baby.
This was where I just gave up on the whole movie, 15 minutes in, when after waking from their 2 year slumber they decided it was a good time to meet each other and start the introductions.

First question, who was the HR manager who employed this bunch of misfits (apart from Mr Weyland picking the hippies), and who actually trained them up for the journey?

Imagine the ad in the employment classified, "Must like travel".