Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

i think Zillman would benefit from it, except he seems to lack confidence and it might backfire.

i think an extended period left alone at fb would be fine and he would build into a real good player, but moving him has just undoes all his progress

Zillman should be moved to FB and left there. Demoting him on the back of Sunday is almost as stupid as not giving the job to Rankin when Prince fell over.

Everything was going just swimmingly until Prince fell over and we were already missing Harro, Myles and Bird.

Lets not knee jerk now.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Zillman should be moved to FB and left there. Demoting him on the back of Sunday is almost as stupid as not giving the job to Rankin when Prince fell over.

Everything was going just swimmingly until Prince fell over and we were already missing Harro, Myles and Bird.

Lets not knee jerk now.

it really was going swimmingly, well said sir.

Lets not knee jerk now.

I was basing that possibility on the general consensus regarding his present form at fullback.

But yeah I know what your saying mate.

I'd debate that ... I'm not a Zillman fan but I thought his form at FULLBACK for the last few games was fine, his move to the halves was as ridiculous as fielding a goat. This week sanity seems to have prevailed and the team is well positioned to dine on dark cat ... I don't think you can say black pussy on here.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I'd debate that ... I'm not a Zillman fan but I thought his form at FULLBACK for the last few games was fine, his move to the halves was as ridiculous as fielding a goat. This week sanity seems to have prevailed and the team is well positioned to dine on dark cat ... I don't think you can say black pussy on here.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Lets not knee jerk now.
    Our three game winning streak led people to mistakenly believe that Cartwright was going OK as coach. Sunday should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a complete DUD!!

Halfback was weakened by Prince being injured and then fullback was weakened by moving Zillman away from his best position. This is not a criticism of Dowling who I thought was very good, it is just a simple statement of fact that Zillman is better than him at this time. Two positional changes made to cover one injury - that is bad planning, bad coaching, bad management - call it what you like!!

Every win we get is a bonus this year, playing under a clueless coach kept in the job by an inept administration.

Our season in on the line this weekend - we simply MUST win at home against a team that will not make the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Our three game winning streak led people to mistakenly believe that Cartwright was going OK as coach. Sunday should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a complete DUD!!

Halfback was weakened by Prince being injured and then fullback was weakened by moving Zillman away from his best position. This is not a criticism of Dowling who I thought was very good, it is just a simple statement of fact that Zillman is better than him at this time. Two positional changes made to cover one injury - that is bad planning, bad coaching, bad management - call it what you like!!

Every win we get is a bonus this year, playing under a clueless coach kept in the job by an inept administration.

Our season in on the line this weekend - we simply MUST win at home against a team that will not make the 8.
    Very well said totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Very well said totally agree
    x2 he nailed it.

I'm always one to check the opposition forum to see how they are feeling regarding the game, however they are yet to post a topic regarding it.

So I wait. In anticipation.

Penrith debating why Coote was dropped and they rate Daniela over Tighe. Also is Burns injured or not?
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-06-12 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    x2 he nailed it.

I'm always one to check the opposition forum to see how they are feeling regarding the game, however they are yet to post a topic regarding it.

So I wait. In anticipation.
    x3, great post, Karnage just telling it like it is.

There were a number of us standing fast with our criticism of the coach.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I think you mean there are a number of us standing fast. I certainly am.

Etu: 'We must shut down Scott Prince'

WITH the injection of some State of Origin blood into the line-up, Panthers winger Etu Uaisele (pictured) believes the side will be fit to trounce the Gold Coast Titans and increase the distance between themselves and the bottom of the ladder.

After losing to the New Zealand Warriors on Monday night, and with the last-placed Parramatta Eels picking up a win and a bye in the last two weeks, just two points separate the Panthers from joining their arch-rivals at the southern most point of the competition.

But when they travel north to take on the Titans at Skilled Park on Sunday afternoon, Uaisele was confident they'd also bolster their position on the ladder.

"We're ready to play, do our job and, hopefully, come up with the two points," he said. "I haven't watched much of the Titans but if we can shut down Scott Prince I think we should be right."

Uaisele said the welcome return of their Origin stars would provide a massive boost after their absence led to a mediocre display in horrendous wet conditions against the Warriors.

"They were a big loss for us but with them coming back it should be a strong game again," he said. "It was tough against New Zealand, especially under the high balls ? the ball was going everywhere ? but the boys stuck in there."

As one of the team's resident fleet-footed wingers, Uaisele said his first priority when battling the Titans would be to perfect his own duties.

"I've just got to keep turning up and being consistent. I've got my own job and that's all I need to focus on," he said.

But he admits his job is made easier when working alongside close mate Michael Jennings and the 27-year-old said he was looking forward to joining him on the field again. "I love playing with him so it'll be good to see him back," he said.

"He helps me heaps, just giving the confidence ? having someone like him beside you, you don't really have to do much, he does the job for you. I reckon he can't wait to get back in there and he'll kill it when he comes back."

Meanwhile, Panthers' regular fullback Lachlan Coote has been dropped to NSW Cup side the Windsor Wolves for this weekend's round, with winger Josh Mansour set to adopt the No.1 jumper and Sandor Earl filling the void left by Mansour on the wing.

http://www.penrithstar.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm hearing whispers that a QLD Origin player has not trained all week and is being given till kick off to be proven fit...
    So much for that...

I thought Harro played pretty strongly apart from the one on one miss on Carney that led to their first try in the second half. Fingers crossed he's right to go on Sunday.