Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 'Mini' to remain a Titan until 2014

'Mini' to remain a Titan until 2014
    Adam Gardini | Friday 8 June 2012

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today re-signed the club’s most capped player, bullocking forward Mark Minichiello, on a new two-year contract extension for seasons 2013 and 2014.

In a further boost for the club’s depth in the engine room, inaugural Titan Minichiello will join the likes of the club's existing State of Origin trio Nate Myles, Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison as part of the Titans’ forward pack for next season and beyond.

Minichiello is already the most capped Titans player, having made 122 NRL appearances for the club since 2007 and the contract extension will see him play out eight seasons with the Gold Coast by the end of 2014.

The 30-year-old, who is expecting the birth of his second child with wife Milena in July, said he was excited to be remaining in Titans colours for the next two years.

“It’s good to get the deal done, my family and I are really settled up here on the Gold Coast so it makes things easy to stay. It wouldn’t have been an easy decision to walk away,’’ said Minichiello.

“Being a foundation player, I’d love to play out my career here with the club as the most capped player. Although I’ve been at a couple of clubs, it will be eight years at the one club and I feel I’ve played my best footy here.

“The pack we’ve got is one of the best in the comp so to be a part of that for the next couple of years, I believe we can really be a force in the NRL.’’

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright said it was a significant boost to have Minichiello remain on the Gold Coast as one of five remaining foundation players.

“Mini’ has been a part of the club since day one and he’s played his best football as a Titan,’’ said Cartwright.

“It’s been great to see him develop as a player and as a person over the past six years. He’s very thorough in his preparation and that’s one of the reasons why he’s played so many games for the club over the past six seasons.

“We have a really good balance in our forward pack at the moment and it’s important that we have been able to keep the nucleus of the forward pack together moving forward.’’

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...til-2014/56769

Major credit to Mini!

Most of us thought that he would be squeezed out with the 'big three' in the back row. But he has proved the knockers wrong with playing solid football the last month or two.

Although this was going to always happen with Thompson leaving, it is still a big achievement.

I totally agree boofhead.

Huge respect to mini for digging in and earning a starting berth and a new contract.

Now watch Carty pick him in the starting side and have Douglas AND Taylor on the bench lol. I'm joking...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Now watch Carty pick him in the starting side and have Douglas AND Taylor on the bench lol. I'm joking...I think.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Glad he resigned with us. However you would have to think that the players that we have resigned that themselves and there Managers are comfortable with the club being around in the future.

With the way he's been playing lately I'm so glad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    With the way he's been playing lately I'm so glad to hear this.
    Me too
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

A good result given his recent form.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Pleased to see Mini continue with the Titans.

My mum will be happy, Mini is her favourite player.

Good news.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Well, I guess I'm the odd one out. For the better of the Club and his financial future, I would've preferred to see him wrap up his career in the English League.

As his recent form hasn't won me over just yet, because previous to that there has been way too many silly errors at very crucial times, during various games. Infact I'd go as far to say, a few of those errors have costs us some wins..

No hooray from me just yet.. Maybe if he sticks with his recent form 'n just puts his head down 'n run it straight without attempting any silly offloads. I just might be prepared to forgive him. There's no doubt, he has been a valueble asset since the beginning. I'm just still a little too bitter 'n twisted about his form since 2011..

Also, If I recall correctly, I heard Mini unloaded his Manager 'n took it upon himself to cut his latest deal?
    Last edited by Toads; 08-06-12 at 08:03 PM.

As one of his most ardent knockers, good on him. He always tries hard and whatever they've offered him then fair enough but I'm with Toads in that just by playing a few good games on the right doesn't make him anywhere near a certainty to start next year. I also still have nightmares about his ball security and left side defence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

One of the strongest ball runners in the game IMO.
    He has periods where his error rates are unacceptable, and that's probably all that's kept him out of an origin jersey. Buts he's also shown he can play error free games. Capable of 80mins, and good impact player. Can never knock his effort & enthusiasm.

I'm stoked that he is staying. Taylor's addition and Mini's retention on top of the rest of our current forward pack gives us arguably the best forward pack and depth to back it up.

Bailey
    Douglas
    Bird
    Myles
    Harro
    Mini
    Taylor
    James
    Lawrence
    Ben Ridge

After his re-signing and our other top forwards out, I reckon he'll have a blinder tomorrow
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

^you forgot Matt White.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

And Henderson
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And Henderson
    Good joke
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.