Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Default NRL Auction Draft

Ok, lets have some fun!

It will require 5 members. From a database of around 90 rugby league players, I will name one player one by one, those of you who will be playing will bid for the named player. The highest bidder will have that player in his/her team. Every member will have $10,000,000 as the salary cap.

With $10,000,000, you have to build an NRL team. Everyday I will name one Rugby League player and you have to bid. Every 24 hours, a new name will appear. Remember, you have to have atleast two Titans players in your team.

Also while bidding, you have to bid with round figures. Like let's say I give Aidan Sezer, the opener member bids $100,000, then the next bidder must bid with rounded zero figures like $120,000 or $150,000 but no half like $125,000 or $135,000.

When i reveal the name of a player i will say which positions he can only play. This makes it that people dont put for example Beau Ryan as prop because they dont have anyone else to put at prop. This auction is all about tactics. You can buy as many players you want but at the end of the auction you have to have 17 players in your final playing XVII playing in the correct positions.

If a certain member do not have two Titans players in their team or have a complete team of 17 players in the correct positions then their team will not count and they will be disqualified.

The team with the best NRL team will win. To calculate the 'best team' i will calculate the statistics of each individual player and add all the statistics together to get the grand total. This grand total will judge how good your team is. Statistics is based on this years fantasy points from the Foxsports.com NRL fantasy comp.

The first 5 teams who say they are in, will be able to bid and build a team! I hope all the rules are cleared and if you have any questions or suggestions please ask.

Let the games begin.
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 07-06-12 at 07:35 PM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

This is interesting. I like the idea. Ill wait to see the response from other people about this. If its a popular idea then ill decide if i will join or not.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

im with princeyy

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

You will need 95 players when does is start

[QUOTE=Julius Sezer;301479]The team with the best NRL team will win. To calculate the 'best team' i will calculate the statistics of each individual player and add all the statistics together to get the grand total. This grand total will judge how good your team is. Statistics is based on this years fantasy points from the Foxsports.com NRL fantasy comp.
    QUOTE]

Sounded like fun until you start talking about stats...I'm not a stat man but those of you who are could have fun with this.

[QUOTE=Chaos;301502]
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    The team with the best NRL team will win. To calculate the 'best team' i will calculate the statistics of each individual player and add all the statistics together to get the grand total. This grand total will judge how good your team is. Statistics is based on this years fantasy points from the Foxsports.com NRL fantasy comp.
    QUOTE]

Sounded like fun until you start talking about stats...I'm not a stat man but those of you who are could have fun with this.
    You dont have to be a stats man. Just build the team that you want and i will work out the points for you. The points will be calculated at the end. We need to find out who has the better team so thats why im using fantasy points. It will be lots of fun!

Btw the auction will start when there is 5 people that say they are definitely playing.

its going to be good fun. Cmon whose interested?

Actually i like the idea of bidding against people to have a player in your team. Count me in.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 09-06-12 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    It will require 5 members.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchy84 View Post
    You will need 95 players when does is start
    Can someone explain this disparity, please? If the competition needs five (5) players then why not have those who are confirmed in a list on the original post eg.

The Players

1. Julius Sezer
    2. Daylight
    3. Hendo the Goat
    4. available
    5. available
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Can someone explain this disparity, please? If the competition needs five (5) players then why not have those who are confirmed in a list on the original post eg.

The Players

1. Julius Sezer
    2. Daylight
    3. Hendo the Goat
    4. available
    5. available
    I will do that but i need people to confirm first. Looks like Princey's Titanz is the only one definitely playing.

So far...
    1. Princey's Titanz

Cmon ThelWall, Titanic, Chaos, Hatchy84 join in the fun!
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 09-06-12 at 11:22 AM.

Mate, put me on the bench ... if you still need one more at the end then I will step up ... like a goat :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Regular members of this forum sign up for this auction. It will be fun and competitive.

So this game doesnt appeal to anyone else?

I hope im not the only one that is part of this auction.

I'm in Julius