Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ah ha, I'd forgotten about Daylight.
    It is a 2pm game this weekend, thats when he is at his strongest. Hoping for a good showing from Daylight, really work the opposition forwards over and show Henderson how it's done.

luv ya work :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Why an old Shark is in Shire straits

LUKE Douglas was sitting in his Burleigh Heads loungeroom thinking he had made the biggest mistake of his career.

After six years in the Sutherland Shire, Douglas had just watched the Sharks notch another victory to move into the top four, while his new team - the Gold Coast Titans - were languishing at the bottom of the ladder.

Most of his possessions were still in boxes back in Cronulla, and for a fleeting moment, he wished he was there, too.

"We had recruited really well (at the Titans) and at the start of the season we were looking really good," Douglas said. "And then the competition started and we weren't getting the wins on the board.

"On the other hand, the Sharks were pretty much leading the comp and I really did find that a bit hard to take."

Douglas returns to Toyota Stadium today for the first time since his departure north.

He admits he still retains a soft spot for the Sharks.

"I have watched all their games this year and I would have to say I still support the Sharks," Douglas said.

"I watch them every week and cheer them on and it was very hard watching them on their roll and knowing I was not part of it."

While most players claim that coming up against their former club means nothing, Douglas played 146 consecutive matches in the black, white and blue and he never wanted to leave.

So it's understandable that the 110kg prop is feeling slightly uncomfortable about his return "home".

"I am nervous," Douglas said. "I don't know how the fans are going to react and it will be strange. I am also looking forward to it, catching up with the boys and the fans.

"My brother (Kane) still has a unit just down the road from Shark Park and I always grew up supporting them, so it will be weird going there to play against them.

"I still miss a lot of things about the Sharks

"The coach, the boys, the staff and the fans. I was living with a friend for about four months when I moved to the Gold Coast and all my stuff was still back at Cronulla and it was tough for a while."

Douglas may have had his doubts, but he is finally happy with his move and has vowed to step up in the absence of the Titans missing Origin stars Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison and Nate Myles, and the injured Luke Bailey.

"The three guys we are missing are massive losses and me and the other guys are going to have to step up to fill the void," Douglas said.

"This week is my turn to help out a bit more."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Fire up! It's game day! Im really looking forward to a lazy Sunday arvo game on the TV.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans
    Toyota Stadium, Sunday 2.00pm (AEST)
    Last meeting: Round 22 2011 - Titans 20 bt Sharks 16 at Toyota Stadium
    Head-to-head: Sharks 4 Titans 4
    Referees: Jason Robinson, Gavin Badger
    TV: Live, FoxSports 2
    TAB Sportsbet: Sharks $1.70 Titans $2.20
    FootyTab: Titans +1.5

Greg Prichard writes: The Titans have experienced a resurgence at the same time as the Sharks have hit a hurdle. Three straight wins have taken the Titans to just two points outside of the top eight, while two straight losses have seen the Sharks slip out of the top four. One of those losses for the Sharks came without their State of Origin stars, Paul Gallen and Todd Carney, and now they must do without them again. The Sharks are slight favourites at home.

AAP writes: Things have gone slightly pear-shaped for the Sharks since their gutsy win over Melbourne in round 10. Blowing a 20-6 halftime lead to lose 29-20 to struggling Parramatta on Monday is not the best preparation for the visit of a rejuvenated Titans who've won three on the bounce. Both sides are without Origin stars with Greg Bird, Ash Harrison and Nate Myles missing for the Titans. However, the Sharks could feel the absence of skipper Paul Gallen and Todd Carney more.

Key: Unheralded halfback Jeff Robson has been happy to take the back seat and let Carney grab the headlines this season. However, the former Eels playmaker will need to step up and lead from the front if the Sharks are to avoid a third straight loss.

SHARKS: Matthew Wright, Isaac Gordon, Ben Pomeroy, Colin Best, Nathan Stapleton, Chad Townsend, Jeff Robson, Bryce Gibbs, Isaac De Gois, Ben Ross, Jeremy Smith, Jayson Bukuya, Wade Graham. Interchange: Andrew Fifita, Jon Green, John Morris, Mark Taufua, Sam Tagataese (one to be omitted).

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Jamal Idris, Beau Champion, David Mead, Aidan Sezer, Scott Prince, Brenton Lawrence, Matt Srama, Matthew White, Luke Douglas, Mark Minichiello, Luke O'Dwyer. Interchange: Ryan James, Michael Henderson, Ben Ridge, Steve Michaels.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

A bit wet here this morning and doesn't look like passing tbh.

Could be a scrappy one.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    A bit wet here this morning and doesn't look like passing tbh.

Could be a scrappy one.
    Dammit.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

The inside word is its still ****ing raining.

Looking at the toyota cup. It's like a swimming pool. Significant water splashed with every step. Not sure who it advantages.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Seriously, boys are going to need snorkels in this game.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Hopefully prince,Sezer and Zillman run the ball lots. This is the type of game Zillman should dominate in with his running.

That works for us as we are more creative.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rain seems to be clearing. Twenties handing out paddlins.

prince out - zillman captain

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

who is jamie dowling... bit of a risk tbh in this weather
    zillman would of been the safer option with bringing in rankin?
    dumb move changing zillman up