Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Its not a bad team that Carty picked. It couldve been much worse. But i dont know why Carty didnt pick Phil Graham over Steve Michaels. We have to try Graham in the centres and see how he does. We know Michaels is simply not good enough for NRL.

Team that shouldve been playing this week
    1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Jamal Idris
    4. Beau Champion
    5. David Mead
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Matt Srama
    10. Matt White
    11. Luke O'Dwyer
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ben Ridge

14. Ryan James
    15. Luke Page
    16. Brenton Lawrence
    17. Phil Graham

Much better team IMO. Remember when Ridgey played lock last year during Origin period against the Dragons? He had a good game.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Glad we aren't facing Carney and Gallen. But we can't take the Sharks lightly!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If any of you boys on Goldy see hendo or Michaels can you hurt em so they out this week.can't f&#%ing believe they are back big reason we been winning they havnt been there they will make more errors than our whole team made last week carty is a doosh bag

Just wondering where Falloon is at? He would've been nice to have on the bench to play a bit of backrow and as back-up for the halves or hooker if needed. Surely a better option than Michaels or Henderson. Only problem would've been a back-up for the outside backs and O'Dwyer could shuffle out to the centres if needed in a pinch.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I dont think we will win , have a bad feeling about this one.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I'm with 'Goose on this one. Falloon instead of Michaels with O'Dwyer as our backs cover. Michaels is just not an A Grader.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    If Page can't get into the team this week, he never will.
    Hendo has had his time, I thought it would have been a perfect opportunity to give young Page a go. However as other clubs are chasing him Carty wants nothing to do with him. This kid will F**K us up when we come against him in the next 12-18 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Just wondering where Falloon is at? He would've been nice to have on the bench to play a bit of backrow and as back-up for the halves or hooker if needed. Surely a better option than Michaels or Henderson. Only problem would've been a back-up for the outside backs and O'Dwyer could shuffle out to the centres if needed in a pinch.
    Falloon played for a Burleigh side on the weekend that got dead set towelled by Brisbane Norths. Both he and Jordan Rankin were far from impressive and if Carty left them in Q Cup on the strengths of their display there I would applaud him for it. And I don't applaud Carty for ANYTHING!!!

I can't stand seeing guys recalled to first grade who don't demand to re selection. Phil Graham was a perfect example earlier in the year and we all saw where that got us!!

Ridge demanded selection by strong showings for Tweed.

There are a lot of people calling for Page to be put in but I actually wonder how much you actually know about the way he plays. There mught be half a dozen teams after him with a cheque book but I am yet to see anything that says he should be getting a run in top grade - even in a week where our entire backrow and our starting prop are out.

I can't comment on the form of Henderson or Michaels because I have taken next to no notice of them.

Michaels has been playing like Michaels, hard strong and fast with the odd mistake. Kevs offence couldnt crack an egg but he doesnt have errors in his game like Steve does. Hendo has been playing alright.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Page is a 21-year-old prop that has been average in the Queensland Cup. I don't see how people can demand he be selected in the NRL when he can't even dominate second grade. Josh McGuire killed it in the QCup a couple of years ago and couldn't get a run with the Broncos. You need sustained performances to push for NRL selection. It's a big step up from the cream puff under-20s to NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by chicbarn View Post
    Page is a 21-year-old prop that has been average in the Queensland Cup. I don't see how people can demand he be selected in the NRL when he can't even dominate second grade. Josh McGuire killed it in the QCup a couple of years ago and couldn't get a run with the Broncos. You need sustained performances to push for NRL selection. It's a big step up from the cream puff under-20s to NRL.
    Maguire was given a go in Q,Cup and built on his performances. Page simply has not been given a go due to the relationship between Carty and the Walkers. How do you get to Dominate when you aren't given a go...

So many players just never get that chance to see how they travel in the top flight. Unfortunately there are only so many positions to fill.

I would imagine that Page will get his opportunity next year but really don't think it will happen with the Titans.

Good move? Bad move? Who knows.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I think we are all extremely critical of the players and lets be honest, that's easy to do from the comfort of our arm chairs. Someone once told me that there is no such thing as a bad player in the NRL and I guess that's fairly true. Don't get me wrong- we all get frustrated and we all jibber online but you've got to respect what they do out there and the work going into them even making the grade... even Hendo and Carty I suppose.

Having said that- and you can probably tell the damage control is coming- the guys taking the field this week need to be given the opportunity to get out there and give it their all. Given the amount of players coming in there will be mistakes, dropped balls, missed tackles. This will be even worse when we consider the guys out there leading them around the park. Does it mean they aren't worth persisting with? Not really. Is it an indication of how the rest of the season will play out? No.

I'm hoping guys like BJ, James and White can really put in a big game and find themselves regular selections but I'm not holding much hope of a win and almost see it a little like a trial game.

I'll take the Titans +10.5 start but I think the Sharks will cover Carney and Gallen better than we will travel without Bailey, Bird, Myles and Harrison. Even though a mate who supports the Sharks reckons when Gallen went off last week the other mob put up a quick twenty points on them.

In other news... I'll be at the game

Tomorrow I'll be back in the cynic camp with Titanic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Tomorrow I'll be back in the cynic camp with Titanic though.
    You are right in a lot of that from the perspective of an NRL player when compared to joe average. I can't remember anyone criticising these guys for anything more than either underachieving (in most cases) or not being up to NRL level (in a few cases) but never for being your common everyday, garden variety park player or coach.

Cartwright was a very good rugby league player and would have an excellent knowledge of the game but his performances as our coach over the last two years have been ordinary to say the least. Not just in what the team has put out but also in selection and player retention.

This weekend I have expectations of the team having a decent crack at it. A win is not impossible and if Michaels grabs a brace and Henderson makes a fair fist of it then great, however, history suggests that it will be other members of the team who would be more likely to be match winners. Time will tell.

As far as being a cynic is concerned ... too bloody right
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.