Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Dowling seems to be a good prospect for the future. Should definitely try him on the bench for this year.

Btw guys there is only one spot left in the NRL Auction Draft. Its your to take if you want it. Who want to be in it?

Enter your name in this thread if you want to be the last person to join.

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthrea...772#post301772
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think he went alright but I agree the bench looks like more his go. We seem to have a lot of that sort of player though ... jacks of all trades but masters of none in particular.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

At the game I was thinking to myself I didn't see much of BJ. Statistically he did alright so why does he get so few minutes?

Also looking at stats, I was surprised Jamal only got 101metres. Stupid biased NRL stats not considering the easy 150metres he ran laterally...
    Last edited by Jamal's Hamstring; 11-06-12 at 02:09 PM.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    At the game I was thinking to myself I didn't see much of BJ. Statistically he did alright so why does he get so few minutes?

Also looking at stats, I was surprised Jamal only got 101metres. Stupid biased NRL stats not considering the easy 150metres he ran laterally...
    Its Carty what do you expect?
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Is it a personal thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Is it a personal thing?
    Dont know. But Carty does make some dubious decisions at time.

Exhibit A: Putting Zillman at halfback
    Exhibit B: Playing Michael Henderson
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Goodness knows ... Lawrence may not be as punishing as White in attack but he seems busy in defence. Having said that White has really impressed me the last few games and seems to revel in having some responsibility.

Just so you all don't think I've gone soft, James needs to watch the stupid stuff. He is not match fit and cheap shots won't win him anything except a reputation that he doesn't need at his stage of development.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You need 6 good front rowers

2 on the field
    2 on the bench
    And 2 suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Goodness knows ... Lawrence may not be as punishing as White in attack but he seems busy in defence. Having said that White has really impressed me the last few games and seems to revel in having some responsibility.

Just so you all don't think I've gone soft, James needs to watch the stupid stuff. He is not match fit and cheap shots won't win him anything except a reputation that he doesn't need at his stage of development.
    I'd agree- White played a great game yesterday. BJ does work bloody hard and seems to make a lot of tackles. I think with some good coaching he could learn to better position himself to do some damage offensively- typically he does eat some metres on the run. Just needs to get into holes better which will come in time- what was yesterday? Game 10?

I didn't think James did much. I was reasonably surprised by Hendo though...

Hendo made some strong runs and was mistake free but still failed to make a dent in the defence. James made 24 tackles in 27 minutes and had 5 runs. He needs more ball and to make more runs but that was an encouraging return to 1st grade. I think Bjs issue is he runs out of gas quickly. He certainly dented the line and had us Going forward. Jamal also needs to get more ball on the run and running at the right angles

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Jamal also needs to get more ball on the run and running at the right angles
    He was running at right angles...

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Oh dear ... you'll go straight to hell for that one

a right angle is an angle that bisects the angle formed by two halves...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_angle
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Cronulla's forwards dominated ours, combined with their better kicking game and less stupid mistakes/penalties won them the game. I reckon this would have been a great game with both teams at full strength.

Although he made a few errors Srama was again best on field for me. Scored one, set one up and looked like the only forward who wanted to get up off the line and tackle in defense. I dont know if the forwards were just tired because they dont usually play this amount of minutes, but there was a serious lack of urgency in line speed and kick chases (other than srama).

Also I could tell right from the start of the season Mead had been doing some training under the high ball, his body positioning is alot better and he did well when tested today. You would think it would have been the perfect opportunity to give the guy a chance at fullback. He's the kind of guy that would go looking for the ball constantly. You see him do it even when he's on the wing it's something Zillman lacks.

Also I just don't understand why Ranking wasn't first choice to fill in for Prince. Firstly Rankin is a far better Half than Zillman and secondly if you move Zillman from Fullback you've then lost two players from your spine positions. I think Cartwright wants Zillman to work in the halves because he knows within the next 5 years Zillman is not gonna be the best fullback at the club and this 5 year contract will look ridiculous, which it is.

BJ doesn't have the motor to play big minutes. He was burnt out after 18 against the Sharks. Has to improve on that.