Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    the paragraph outlining our back three being best in comp for kick return average and third best for total metres is a suprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    +1 ... Mead and Zillman must be responsible for 95% of that.
    You think that is surprising? What about this stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Gold Coast Titans v North Queensland Cowboys
    Skilled Park Friday 7.35pmthey produced their most dominant display of the year last start in Newcastle to down the Knights 24-14.

And it has been their big names finally standing tall, with Jamal Idris showing considerable improvement
    Jamal Idris v Brent Tate: Big Jamal Idris has certainly made his presence felt in recent weeks ? upping his involvement, his metres gained and his total runs to help the Titans get their season back on track. He also scored a blockbusting try against his former club Canterbury
    Am I missing something?

I can't seem to Bold the text on my phone, but the paragraph outlining our back three being best in comp for kick return average and third best for total metres is a suprise.
    Well, total metres could just mean they let the opposition complete too many sets, and average could mean they pick the ball up too deep. It's not a stat I'd invest too much meaning in.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    You think that is surprising? What about this stuff??

Am I missing something?
    yeah but those comments are based on improvement to our own poor early season standards.

the comments about our back three are a comparison to 15 other NRL teams and there are a few decent teams out there.

im sure it could be an anomoly like some else has mentioned, but it is still a suprise to read.

And titanic is correct about mead and zillman being responsible for most of it. id say gordon 5%, zillman 30% mead 65%

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Anyone got a PAX number? Anyone got a crowd prediction?

Realistically maybe 18,000 but I hope we can break 20k and get around 21,000.
    18k was the number i had in my head but didnt wanna put it out there cos ppl might think im dreaming. I would say 16k absolute minimum, but hopefully 18-19k.

the rain could be a problem.

also,do these random deals that have been available for every home game piss off ppl with memberships? will you spend 500 per seat next year ( or whatever yours is) knowing the club could have fire sales for every home game?

can only see it devaluing the memberships.

P.S. whats a PAX number?

pax = passengers in airline jargon but also people too these days (listen to my old man voice).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I can't seem to Bold the text on my phone, but the paragraph outlining our back three being best in comp for kick return average and third best for total metres is a suprise.
    Im not surprised at all cause I follow stats closely. The best wingers and fullbacks get the ball and go straight and fast at the line all the time. None of this fart ars-ing around trying to step and weave. The back 3 are the ones that get the team on the front foot of every set, if you dont have such then you struggle.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Time for Titans to fire at home: Bailey

Gold Coast stalwart Luke Bailey says the improving Titans will be aiming to reward loyal fans with an overdue NRL win against a quality Cowboys line-up at Skilled Park on Friday night.

But he says they will have to stop one of the competition's best front-row pairings in Origin and Australian reps Matt Scott and James Tamou as well as attacking dynamos Johnathan Thurston and Matt Bowen.

Almost unbeatable at Skilled Park in their formative years, Titans fans have not celebrated a home win in five games this season.

In fact, they've only cracked the champagne once in their past 13 games at the Robina ground.

But after back-to-back wins against the Bulldogs (25-14) and Newcastle (24-14), the Titans have turned the corner after fears their season might be already over.

Bailey said the players couldn't count on home-ground advantage against the sixth-placed Cowboys.

"The home (ground) advantage hasn't worked for us this year, so we're not relying on that. I think we're relying on what we've done the last couple of weeks," he said on Thursday.

"We're still yet to prove ourselves at home in front of our fans and I guess tomorrow night's game is a chance to do that."

His looming battle with Scott and Tamou presents a considerable challenge for Bailey but one he said the Titans pack was excited about and certainly not intimidated by.

"It's always exciting when you play in the front row against the best and they're probably up there with the best at the moment," Bailey said of Scott and Tamou.

"Tamou obviously killed it (in Origin) and he's riding the confidence wave at the moment and Matt Scott's obviously one of the best front-rowers in the game.

"We're up for a challenge. I'm excited about how our pack is finally doing some damage."

Titans coach John Cartwright, meanwhile, jumped to the defence of young centre Jamal Idris following comments about his weight by TV commentators last weekend.

Idris, whose training has been restricted by hamstring and foot injuries, has always battled with his weight, even at the Bulldogs.

"In this day and age I don't think TV commentators should get in there and talk about a guy's weight and grin about it ... I don't think that should be received well by anyone," said Cartwright.

"He's a young fella and like anyone it's not going to sit well but we've just got to keep working on it.

"Can't fault Jamal's work on the field and he has the support and confidence of everyone at the Titans anyway."

Source: http://www.NRL.com
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

18k was the number i had in my head but didnt wanna put it out there cos ppl might think im dreaming. I would say 16k absolute minimum, but hopefully 18-19k.

the rain could be a problem.

also,do these random deals that have been available for every home game piss off ppl with memberships? will you spend 500 per seat next year ( or whatever yours is) knowing the club could have fire sales for every home game?

can only see it devaluing the memberships.

P.S. whats a PAX number?
    I'm all for doing whatever it takes to get people through the gate, because a good crowd makes the night more enjoyable for everybody, but it should not be done at the expense of people who paid top dollar for a season ticket. We pay massive overs for season tickets as it is.

It does devalue our membership, but there is NO WAY that I will be buying one next year if Searle is in charge anyway.

However, back on topic - I think this rain works in our favour tonight. If it can keep raining the game will tighten up and we can work the ball down the middle to beat them. I hope it keeps raining...

I wouldn't bank on the Cowboys game falling apart because of a bit of rain. Afterall, they reside in a place (Townsville) that has a Dry and a Wet Season. If anything, hope that a cold snap graces Skilled Park tonight, as that'll be about the only thing weather-wise that might rattle 'em..

C'mon lads what's wrong ... get down and slip something into their water ... you saw what that did to Taylor before Origin 1 (Ricky never complained about that).

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    C'mon lads what's wrong ... get down and slip something into their water ... you saw what that did to Taylor before Origin 1 (Ricky never complained about that).

can you elaborate?

im not sure if you are taking the piss or if i missed something.

I was referring to Taylor's case of the runs before he took the field in Origin 1.

I hope he have a massive lead buy half way through the second half, as i will have to leave then, just got called to work
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

This rain has really dampened my spirits about this game.

Im still confident of a good titan performance.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    This rain has really dampened my spirits
    Hey Teke, rain normally does that I can't get the last time we played them and all that dropped ball out of my mind ... must be an omen.