Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior

Default Bodene Thompson to West Tigers

WESTS Tigers have completed the signings of South Sydney back-rower Eddy Pettybourne and Gold Coast forward Bodene Thompson for the start of the 2013 NRL season.
    Pettybourne, 24, has agreed terms on a three-year deal with 23-year-old Thompson signing for two years.

Penrith utility Masada Iosefa has also signed for the Tigers for the remainder of this season and next year.

Chief executive Stephen Humphreys said the joint-venture had to move quickly to fill the gap that will be left by Gareth Ellis' return to the UK at the end of the season.

"With the experience of over 120 NRL matches between them, Eddy and Bodene will perfectly complement the good group of young forwards we have coming through our ranks,'' Humphreys said.

"Whilst best known as a hooker, Masada can cover a range of positions and will provide valuable depth to our roster.''

The club have also re-signed promising young winger David Nofoaluma until the end of the 2014 campaign.

South Sydney coach Michael Maguire wished Pettybourne well.

"Eddy has been a big part of this club for a number of years and is an important part of our 2012 season as well,'' Maguire said.

"He's improved his game each week but this is a big opportunity for Eddy and we wish him the best of luck with his move to the Tigers at seasons end.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226364605475

im so upset. How could the Titans let go off Bodene? I love him as a player. We are sorely going to miss him. I would rather have wanted Minichiello to go then Bodene.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

he was getting jerked around i think.

another player who we treat like a second class citizen to hendos and odwyer, no wonder he left.

good luck to him, sheen sis pretty good with mobile forwards and Benji's influence will have him playing for the kiwis inside of 2 years i think

What the?! I am upset with this news, as I really enjoy his kind of play. Boy, my day is getting better by the minute... not...

yeah it sucks because he was one of our kids and you feel a sense of ownership and pride in him.

im sure between the signings we got last year and the mess we are in right now, he wont be the only one, but it happens to all clubs and we just have to make sure we keep the ones we REALLY want...like sezer,srama etc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah it sucks because he was one of our kids and you feel a sense of ownership and pride in him.

im sure between the signings we got last year and the mess we are in right now, he wont be the only one, but it happens to all clubs and we just have to make sure we keep the ones we REALLY want...like sezer,srama etc

Sezer is set to get a massive upgrade. I am disappointed that the titans let Bodene go. he was a great player

So losses for the Titans have been Tagataese, Shannon Walker, Tomane, Esi Tonga and now Bodene Thompson.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Am I the only one not too fussed by this? I thought he was shocking last year and he is a bit of a tweener. Not mobile enough for the centres and not committed enough for the back row.

Thought he went all right against the Storm this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Am I the only one not too fussed by this? I thought he was shocking last year and he is a bit of a tweener. Not mobile enough for the centres and not committed enough for the back row.

Thought he went all right against the Storm this year though.
    Pretty much summarizes my thoughts too.

Yeah mate I'm with you too and posted it earlier in the Signings thread ... Taylor>Thompson but the leaking of our young talent is very much a worry ... a little like herding goats, if you get my meaning.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    So losses for the Titans have been Tagataese, Shannon Walker, Tomane, Esi Tonga and now Bodene Thompson.
    Bodene is the the greater loss out of all those but that's not really saying that much at all. He can be replaced easily
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry to see him go, Sheens will get more out of him than what we did, unfortunately. This is going to haunt us.
    Can anybody shed some light on how long he will be out for. I am suspecting that is the last we will see of him now that he has signed for the Pussies.

Sad sad to see Bodene leave, a player whose talented I respected and I had a sentimental appreciation of him.

Bad move Titans!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bodene going probably gives Mini a better chance of staying with the club
    #itaintweaktospeak

Interestingly after letting Tomane go as he wasn't good enough, he goes to rugby and has been selected for Australia. He can't be that bad. It seems that outside backs at the Titans don't get the support and guidence to take the next step.