Thread: Hi there

Default Hi there

Hi there, a Titans fan from the Netherlands since late 2009, only now decided to join here. When I was on holidays in Australia in 2010 I just HAD to watch a match at Skilled Park (versus Eels) together with my cousins living in Greater Brisbane. Ever since, I can't wait to get back and these days I am follow every single match live. Until that time, I'm just watching live streams (or listening via the radio when I'm at work), and occasionally order some fan gear I proudly wear . And despite my relatives are almost all Broncos fans, I stick with the Titans

It's only a pity I can't talk about Rugby League and the Titans here at home or with my friends, since nobody here has a clue about what I am talking about , nor it is played on a larger scale. Oh well... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Hi there, a Titans fan from the Netherlands since late 2009, only now decided to join here. When I was on holidays in Australia in 2010 I just HAD to watch a match at Skilled Park (versus Eels) together with my cousins living in Greater Brisbane. Ever since, I can't wait to get back and these days I am follow every single match live. Until that time, I'm just watching live streams (or listening via the radio when I'm at work), and occasionally order some fan gear I proudly wear . And despite my relatives are almost all Broncos fans, I stick with the Titans

It's only a pity I can't talk about Rugby League and the Titans here at home or with my friends, since nobody here has a clue about what I am talking about , nor it is played on a larger scale. Oh well... ^^
    FRIEND!

Welcome aboard! We all really get a big kick out of hearing the lengths that Titans fans go to support the team. Especially those that cant go to games very often.

Next time you are in Australia and can get to a game, it'd be great. I invite you to The Legion in Section 30 behind the northern posts.

Titanic, one of our resident RL gurus and Titan fan based in China could probably sympathise with you about being isolated!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yeah, thanks mate, always a pleasure .

I am planning to visit Australia more often in the future, and maybe permanent . After all, more than half of my (extended) family lives out there - figures why I have strong ties with it . Plus I loved hanging out at the Gold Coast when I was there .

Fortunately, I will have a very brief visit to Australia in September this year, as I happen to be 'in the hood' (Indonesia) to scatter my dad's ashes. Since the distance from Indonesia is relatively close, I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to pay a visit .

Rugby League in the Netherlands is still developing, and I have some contacts, but as far as I know, there are not many, full teams yet (usually, they play 9-a-side). Until the comes I can join, I prepare myself at the gym instead (and I usually wear a Titans training tee!).

(Short background: I am suffering a severe shin splint injury for almost 2 years. At the moment, I am near the final recovery phase and so, I hope to play again in October. Aside from that, I am originally from a gymnastics-crazy family, plus rugby in general is not well known in the Netherlands, which explains why I discovered it at such a late age).

But yeah, it would be awesome if I could join watching a game.

Wow,

mate you are an inspiration, and a wake up for those of us who live 10 minutes from the stadium and dont bother going to games sometimes.

All the best and thanks for your long distance support!

Thanks. Pleasure is all mine .

It's quite a coincident I was approached by the Dutch Rugby League Board two days ago, to help them develop the sport in the Netherlands, I might consult you peeps for any suggestions if one doesn't mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Thanks. Pleasure is all mine .

It's quite a coincident I was approached by the Dutch Rugby League Board two days ago, to help them develop the sport in the Netherlands, I might consult you peeps for any suggestions if one doesn't mind .
    That would be awesome. Ive been following the development of the Dutch RL for years. I'm pleased to hear about it moving forward.

Id love you to share with us all the bits and pieces you can share. And Im sure many of us would be delighted to offer suggestions.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER