Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

RING GIDS!

The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

State of Origin representatives Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird have all been named for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans’ Round 12 clash against the Knights in Newcastle on Saturday.
    Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named the trio in an 18-man squad to take on the Knights, with the club hoping they will all be fit to back-up after tomorrow night’s opening Origin match in Melbourne.
    Captain Scott Prince was not named in the squad after suffering a low grade ankle sprain at training late last week. He is expected to be sidelined for another 1-2 weeks.
    Young playmaker Jordan Rankin has been promoted from the interchange bench to halfback in Prince’s absence, with forwards Ben Ridge and Matt White the new faces on an extended five-man bench.
    Jetstar Titans vs Newcastle Knights
    5.30pm – Hunter Stadium
    Saturday, May 26

1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Jamal Idris
    4 Beau Champion
    5 David Mead
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Jordan Rankin
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Nate Myles
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    Interchange
    14 Luke Douglas
    15 Brenton Lawrence
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Luke O’Dwyer
    18 Matt White
    Coach John Cartwright

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...ts-clash/55599

Titans x 7
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Feeling confident.

Newcastle have been on a losing streak and we are doing well away from home so there are good signs. I feel we should be able to hold onto possession and score. Im feeling confident that we can get back to back victories it will boost teams confidence and gives us more of a chance to be in the top 8. I still have high hopes that we can sneak into the top 8.

Im just hoping that we smash the Knights by 30 points so that our for and against is good. We are the worst attacking side in the team (by 22 points). Scoring more tries will be the key to turning our season around.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 22-05-12 at 09:04 PM.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

yeah you should feel confident when the oppositions best two players are wingers.

it would be great to get a win and be sat 2 points out of the top 8, whilst having hardly showing more than a glimpse of what we can do.

some teams are there and have honestly already peaked for the year or had to have some serious luck to get there.

We have a huge upside coming and it can start this weekend.

titans by 14

I thought Matt White & Rankin both had really good games for Burleigh.
    Both deserve another shot.

I think our forwards have been awesome this year, although our backs would be struggling to get a pass mark (C-).

I am thinking as well Idris should be moved to the right side, but it will depend on champion as to wether he will be starting centre or impact from the bench.
    If champion statrs playing some good football I would have Idris from the bench and playing on the right. If not I would move Champion to the Wing and try for something like this.

1 Zillman/ Mead
    2 Gordon
    3 Mead / Zillman
    4 Idris
    5 Champion

Seems strange to think we recruited centres for this year yet this is still were we have a problem.
    Mead could be our Renouf, but we wont know if he plays out his career from the wing.

This is the classic cyclic debate ... the keys that should unlock Champion are Sezer and Zillman. Champion is a hole runner so he needs good ball and depth otherwise we will see what we have been seeing which is not much at all.

Oh, did I mention that our wings would like to see some ball too? Through the hands that is, not just from kicks. Gordon has been back how many weeks and has yet to receive one, that's right, not even one pass off a set backline.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-05-12 at 08:52 AM.

Default Luke Bailey gives thumbs up to play on

Emma Greenwood | 10:49am May 23, 2012

GOLD Coast Titans pack leader Luke Bailey will continue to play through the pain of a broken thumb to help shoulder the load during the busy Origin period.

The inspirational prop has carried the injury for the past fortnight and his hand is off limits at training as the Titans try to nurse him through the representative period.

With Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird hoping to back up from tonight's Origin clash when the Titans take on the Knights in Newcastle on Saturday, "Bull" Bailey is likely to play an even more crucial role than usual to compensate for his weary rep forwards.

But coach John Cartwright has every confidence he will prevail.

"He'll be right. He's played the past two weeks with it," Cartwright said.

"We're just trying to rest him up and not give it any grief while he's training."

Cartwright has also refused to completely rule out the 11th hour addition of Scott Prince for the Knights clash.

Prince injured his ankle at training last week and was expected to be sidelined for two to four weeks.

He was not named yesterday and, while Cartwright said he was an unlikely starter, he will give Prince until Friday to recover.

"He is a fast healer. He is getting around OK, he's improved enormously up until this stage, so I wouldn't rule him out but he definitely won't play if he's at risk of any further injury," Cartwright said.

"It is only early in the week, we'll give him until the end of the week.

"But it's probably looking at this stage as though he won't play."

Jordan Rankin has been named at halfback and Aidan Sezer at five-eighth. While Harrison, Myles and Bird have been named, there are plans in place if any or all of the trio cannot back up from tonight's clash.

"It's a really tough, physical game, Origin, and it can take a while to get over both mentally and physically. But they're tough boys and that's why they're there," Cartwright said.

"It's just more important that we get our own game (right) and understand our own roles.

"We could go into the game without those three Origin players, so the guys that are here have to focus really hard and we're going to go down there as best prepared as we can possibly be."

Gold Coast have named five forwards on an extended bench for Saturday's match.

Bodene Thompson was unavailable after dislocating his shoulder playing for Burleigh in the Queensland Cup on Sunday while Beau Falloon and Ryan James will continue their return from injury in the Intrust Super Cup this week.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Nate Myles man of the match
    Wayne Heming | May 24, 2012

Battered forward Nate Myles didn't quite know what to say after picking up his first State of Origin man-of-the-match award following Queensland's controversial and fiery 18-10 win over New South Wales on Wednesday night.

While NSW were stewing over the first-half sin-binning of centre Michael Jennings and the match-winning try to Maroons star Greg Inglis, Myles was feeling somewhat awkward about being named the game's best player in his 18th Origin.

"I've never won one before," he said in a victorious dressing room not engaged in wild celebrations, knowing NSW will be even tougher in front of their fans in Origin II in Sydney next month.

"I didn't notice too much on the field but I noticed the work of blokes like Ash Harrison, Petero (Civoniceva) and Matt Scott who hasn't had much game time but was terrific for us again.

"The big boys were awesome for us again down the middle.

"It's my first one (award) so I'll take it.

"I've never won a man-of-the-match award ever, well, not since I was playing under-16s up in Cairns."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/s...-1226365086842

Looks like the boys pulled up pretty well from last night. Should play them off the bench to have a break.

Bird won't have anything to answer for with that tackle, was so soft.

myles and harro were awesome.

harrison did slightly more work than nate, but nate hit a bit harder and made more impact. and bird was close to NSWs best...

good job boys!

Harrison needs to stop leaning all over the tackle ... he costs us every week too.