Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    We still have Mr Lazy Jamal Idris though.

Expect more points to get leaked through that side again, and expect a lot of traffic directed at Prince again too - most teams have worked him out - his tackling is sub-par.
    Including the Bulldogs who have already had a field day sending big Frank at him. If you have Pritchard in your SuperCoach team (I don't...) roll the dice and make him captain cos he could score a couple of tries at least.

If it wasn't for Idris I'd feel good about this game and will look forward to Sezer improving; Zillman proving many of us right that he is not a fullback (I would be very pleased to be proved wrong); and Lawrence that he brings some punch to the bench.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

man rather no prince, and idris of his fav side

Des Hasler will see Sezer run amok and approach the doggies board monday morning asking which EFFWIT let this kid go?

Also BJ had a stormer against the doggies last time, hope he smokes them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If it wasn't for Idris I'd feel good about this game and will look forward to Sezer improving; Zillman proving many of us right that he is not a fullback (I would be very pleased to be proved wrong); and Lawrence that he brings some punch to the bench.
    You dont have any other options if you dont want Mead or Zilly at FB.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott Prince confident ahead of NRL return

By Wayne Heming AAP Thu, May 10, 2012 - 5:08 PM

Gold Coast NRL halfback Scott Prince is confident of handling anything Canterbury throw at him after surviving a private fitness test on Thursday with former hard man Trevor Gillmeister.

Prince (biceps) and centre Beau Champion (hamstring) both passed searching fitness examinations before being declared additions to coach John Cartwright's line-up to face a menacing Bulldogs outfit which savaged a hapless Parramatta 46-12 last weekend.

"Gilly (Gillmeister) put me through a bit of a fitness test as well which was pretty tough," said Prince, whose inclusion along with Champion is a huge boost following the Titans' gut-wrenching 15-14 golden-point loss to the Wests Tigers last weekend.

"I think I did more tackles (with Gillmeister) in five minutes than I've done in five years," Prince said.

"He certainly didn't hold back and I think it was important that I was really tested, because I wouldn't want to take the field and pull up lame after 10 minutes."

Prince's injury to a small muscle near the biceps affected his ability to grip and catch the ball.

Because the clash is the late game of the Suncorp Stadium double-header with an 8.45pm (AEST) kick-off, the Bulldogs will not fly to Brisbane until game day, according to Canterbury coach Des Hasler.

"We'll keep the players in their own environment and sleeping in their own beds," he said.

Hasler wasn't taking any notice of the Titans' low position on the NRL ladder and said they were in a place where they had to win.

"They've been playing some very good football and sometimes teams get in a place where they must win and I think the Titans will recognise that on Friday night," he said.

Prince said the Bulldogs were playing aggressive, attacking, entertaining football which would require a consistent 80-minute effort to stop.

"We've got a bit of a plan in place the way we want to attack them with the ball in hand," he said.

The Bulldogs forwards were ruthless against Parramatta and Prince said the battle up front would decide the game as much the brilliance of some of the smaller men like Ben Barba who has been carving sides up off the back of the efforts of the big men.
    #itaintweaktospeak

That doesn't instil me with confidence , lets hope who ever is Prince's minder for the night does a good job..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You dont have any other options if you dont want Mead or Zilly at FB.
    I would really like Graham to be given another shot ... and wasn't Gordon a fullback in another lifetime?

All this week all I have been thinking about is the poor performances Idris has been putting in so far this season. I just can't shake my overwhelming sense of being severely disappointed and feeling let down by him, and others.

I hope, and I mean I REALLY FRIGGIN' HOPE IDRIS PUTS IN THE GAME OF HIS LIFE AGAINST HIS OLD CLUB TONIGHT.

I feel this could be the turning point of the season, if he stands up and really shakes down his old club. This really is the time for Idris to show us what he can do. Tonight is when all the talk, all the hype, all the excuses and all the BS stops.

There will never be a better time for Idris to stand up and be counted as a Titan.

Junior

Totally agree..
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    All this week all I have been thinking about is the poor performances Idris has been putting in so far this season. I just can't shake my overwhelming sense of being severely disappointed and feeling let down by him, and others.

I hope, and I mean I REALLY FRIGGIN' HOPE IDRIS PUTS IN THE GAME OF HIS LIFE AGAINST HIS OLD CLUB TONIGHT.

I feel this could be the turning point of the season, if he stands up and really shakes down his old club. This really is the time for Idris to show us what he can do. Tonight is when all the talk, all the hype, all the excuses and all the BS stops.

There will never be a better time for Idris to stand up and be counted as a Titan.

Yup- I'm hoping for something special for Jamal tonight. By rights he should have a lot to prove to the Dogs as well as be playing for position. If he puts in another effort like last week some questions need to be asked.

Happy BJ got the call up but what happened to White? Not sure how I feel about Prince coming back either.

Hopefully we'll ambush them while they are riding high on a win over *cough* Parramatta. If it's within 10 points I'll be happy though

Junior

Titans vs Doggie from 2008 on foxsports 502 right now.. really hilarious listening to the difference in commentry .. titans muscling up..hahahah

samua is better than i remember and o'dywer at centre for that matter, harrison @5/8 hmmmmn playing like a team.. where did the it all go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyba View Post
    hmmmmn playing like a team.. where did the it all go wrong
    You could start with inflated ego's, move on to 5 year contracts and finish with the comfort zone.

i did notice in the replay of last weeks game that Ash Harrison was playing like a ball player on the try line instead of a lump of bog just doing hitups and wasting tackles.

gave us a an extra option and ran the second man play a couple of times.

If this was coached, then im watching with interest tonight to see if it continues, as without Zillman offering anything, it could be useful moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I would really like Graham to be given another shot ... and wasn't Gordon a fullback in another lifetime?
    i have had a few thoughts about the Mead / Zillman FB conundrum.

firstly, zillman brings it back with the urgency of a council worker,but if mead can hustle a bit more on the down town kicks, he should try and get back there and Zillman can throw a long ball (im not actually sure Zillman could, but for arguments sake) or switch him in to effectively run it back as a fullback and get a few more open opportunities.

secondly, i know you have said Mead cant catch well, and while i dont have a huge problem with his catching, i do think that he gets more kicks directed to him on the wing anyway. definitely contested ones. From fullback he would get no more bombs thrown at him than he does now, except from fullback he would get more open return opportunities and free space from the downtown kicks, as well as mid field bombs tend to have less people going up for the planned tap back to the centre / winger than the sideline bombs,

not having a crack at your opinion, just throwing some more discussion out there, and if im honest, while i love Meady, im happy where he is,and would rather the Graham and Rankin experiments continue first.