Default Luke Page - Player Discussion

Luke Page - 2012 Player Discussion
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Page's wait for Titans start too long

HE is one of the club's brightest young front row prospect but the Gold Coast Titans could find themselves in a bidding war for off-contract youngster Luke Page.

Page was Gold Coast's under-20s player of the year in 2011 but the 21-year-old is now too old for the Toyota Cup.

The step up in class to the NRL for a front rower is dramatic so Page has been playing for Ipswich in the Intrust Super Cup as he patiently sits in the eight-deep queue of Titans props.

Representative forwards Luke Bailey, Luke Douglas and Nate Myles are NRL certainties every week while Matt White, Michael Henderson and Brenton Lawrence battle for the remaining positions in the team. White and Henderson are off contract this year.

Rampaging youngster Ryan James will make his long-awaited return from a knee reconstruction next weekend for Tweed Heads while Page is at the bottom of the pecking order.

The Titans rate the former Queensland junior representative highly but the Brisbane product has attracted interest from a number of rival NRL clubs.

Gold Coast has been negotiating with Page's management for over a month to extend his tenure and Titans football manager Scott Clark said the club saw him as a long-term player.

"He had two years in our Toyota Cup team and was player of the year last year," he said.

"We see him as a guy who can eventually force his way into the squad but at the moment we've got eight front rowers in the club and they're all doing a pretty good job at the moment.

"He's going to have to just bide his time and keep developing in the Queensland Cup which we don't think's a bad thing."

While Page is stuck behind a plethora of front rowers, rival clubs are believed to have offered him a quicker gateway to the NRL.

Clark said he hoped the lure of playing first grade quickly wouldn't drag Page away from the Titans as he is the type of player the team's forward pack can be built around.

"Hopefully not. That's for us to discuss with his management and what's best for Pagey in his current situation," he said.

"He's only 21 years old. We all know Queensland Cup's a pretty good apprenticeship to playing NRL footy.

"He's got to bide his time. He's got some experienced blokes around him and we're just making sure he can learn off those blokes and eventually become a full-time first grader for us.

"It's about being patient and understanding it's the best thing we see for him at the moment. He's going to learn off Bailey, Douglas, Myles and the like."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

OUR spies tell us at least four NRL clubs are looking at Titans young prop Luke Page who is currently playing in the Intrust Cup.

The Ear - CM

We should give him a go now and see how he handles it we wont make the finals so why not .
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

We have a bench spot and james won't be right for a while, so why not?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We have a bench spot and james won't be right for a while, so why not?
    This will never happen.... He wont get 1 minute of game time this year, or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    This will never happen.... He wont get 1 minute of game time this year, or the next.
    Agree but next year we'll be lucky if he's here from all accounts.

He'll go- and Cartwright won't give him any time this year because of it.

I'm starting to wonder if that's what's keeping a few of the 'developing' forwards out of the side and Henderson in.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    He'll go- and Cartwright won't give him any time this year because of it.

I'm starting to wonder if that's what's keeping a few of the 'developing' forwards out of the side and Henderson in.
    Henderson wouldnt release his goat pictures to other props looking for a spot.

I have it on good authority from the horses mouth that PAGE has just signed a contract extension with the Titans till the end of 2013.
    His old man told me that PAGE is ecstatic at being given the contract and from what his old man told me that he believes that we are about to see a breakout year from this kid.
    I will be a proud Uncle if this is right.
    Can anybody tell me if he trialed any good for the Titans. I went and watched the Burleigh V Tigers game and thought he and IOANE were very strong.

This year as long as Douglas, Myles, Bailey and James are fit he won't get a run maybe at origin time. But congrats to him he will be good for depth. I'm glad the club has kept him

Finally Luke has been playing very good footy for the Bears & living up to his early promise but the Raiders have swooped& signed him.
    The Bears asked for him to finish out the season with them but the Titans said no & Goodbye...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Finally Luke has been playing very good footy for the Bears & living up to his early promise but the Raiders have swooped& signed him.
    The Bears asked for him to finish out the season with them but the Titans said no & Goodbye...
    This is not true, The Titans and the Bears wanted PAGE to stay. I know he would for the Bears, but not for the Titans.

All the Page bashing is over now. He will haunt this club and its fronties for years to come. I warned you. You keep ****t++ng on a player and one day it will bite you in the ****. Well here it is and get it into you.

The best thing for him is to get as far away from the Titans system he can, as he has flourished this year away from all the favourites. Good luck boys as this kid will destroy you in the near future and I for one will be jumping for joy. For you never looked after the kid when he needed the help. You just cast him aside like so many of the other players we developed. Go you good thing Pagey

I would hope you post that on the OFFICIAL Titans website or Facebook instead of here where we are more likely to take your side ... Cartwright's "mates" attitude have cost us plenty over the years ... good luck to him.