Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I agree about Hodges - he just hasn't looked the same since his ongoing battle with injuries. Inglis on the other hand - brilliant, he is so awesome to watch when he's in form and he could play just about anywhere on the field.

I do think it's time for Civoniceva to hang up the boots but who would be his replacement?

Oh and congrats to Nate Myles for getting Man of the Match!
    Last edited by gotitans101; 24-05-12 at 04:52 PM.

^ Anyone else confused by Myles getting MOM? I'm not saying he played bad but I think there were a few more deserving players to get it.

Did JT have a bad game? Nobody mentions him and I thought he was great every time he touched the ball ... he's not normally one of my favourites.

Inglis was terrific when he was involved too.

Of course, Gallen would swamp the awards if the southern media had all the say ... he'd get more gongs than The King.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Phew! Well done to Queensland but as usual NSW gave us a run for our money.

I think the last try was a try according to the rules but I was sure glad that we won by more than a try.

Tate IMO was amazing, should have been MOTM.

Thursto and Inglis were great, although Greg did disappear for a while. But Im such a big fan of him.

Slater had one of those rare shakey games. Anyone think it had to do with the roof being closed and the colour of our ball? AFL balls are usually red.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Slater had one of those rare shakey games. Anyone think it had to do with the roof being closed and the colour of our ball? AFL balls are usually red.
    Its nothing to do with the roof. Uate, Stewart and Tate had no trouble under the high ball. So i wouldnt see why Slater would have a problem. It was probably Slater having one of those rare days...
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Greg Bird was a superstar last night. One of the best Origin players of the past few years.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    I agree about Hodges - he just hasn't looked the same since his ongoing battle with injuries. Inglis on the other hand - brilliant, he is so awesome to watch when he's in form and he could play just about anywhere on the field.

I do think it's time for Civoniceva to hang up the boots but who would be his replacement?

Oh and congrats to Nate Myles for getting Man of the Match!
    I agree with you. It's really sad, but the Hodges of years past is finished. He is clearly inhibited by the injuries and he limits his runs and his attack as a result.

That said, I did joke with someone and say "Where's the betting market for hodges to reinjure his hamstring to match" a few weeks ago, evil yes, far from the truth, sadly probably not.

Re: Myles MOM - I thought Tate was impressive, but Boyd scoring a double makes it hard to see how he didn't get MOM by default. Congrats to Myles though, not taking anything away from him, he certainly played well, always good to see him play origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Greg Bird was a superstar last night. One of the best Origin players of the past few years.
    I totally agree.
    But he made so many opportunities but no backup what so ever, which was disappointing.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    AFL balls are usually red.
    You learn something every day ... I didn't think girls had balls of any colour
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

[QUOTE=DIEHARD;300683]I think the last try was a try according to the rules but I was sure glad that we won by more than a try.[QUOTE]

Everyone is talking about 'that' try and most seem to have forgotton about the 'other' try. In no way should Bird have been penalised for that tackle. Even a one eyed Qlder could see that surely.

It was a great solid back slam and Qld score off the next 6..

....and I am not a sore loser.

Well perhaps a litle bit!

Just watched that fight again and I'd play beside Tate any day...he saves one of the queenslanders from Lewis who was flying in...then he copped the haymaker off Jennings.

What about Pearce?...just started throwing punches at anyone.

Cameron Smith, I think your the best player in the world but
    DON'T EVER GRAB YOUR TEAM MATE IF HE IS GOING INTO A FIGHT.
    Scott was lucky Miles and Hodges were close by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ5-N...feature=g-logo