Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Im excited by the possibilities that come with these changes. Not ideal but gives me something extra to look forward to.

Rankin and Sezer look like a next generation Titans halves pairing.

And a different fullback will certainly be interesting.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Im excited by the possibilities that come with these changes. Not ideal but gives me something extra to look forward to.

Rankin and Sezer look like a next generation Titans halves pairing.

And a different fullback will certainly be interesting.
    Agree 100% .We now have the half pairing that we wanted. Let's get behind these boys and ride the change out. I'm excited about this combo.

All right lads we are all agreed ... go the new generation and bugger the consequences ... game on!!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    All right lads we are all agreed ... go the new generation and bugger the consequences ... game on!!!!
    Star Trek The Next Generation
    Degrassi The New Generation
    Titans The Next Generation

Ok, Im a nerd.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Oh crowd support, reports hoping we break 13,000 which would be significantly down on past games against the Tigpies.

Anyone got any PAX numbers out there?

Legion is listed as Limited Availability, which is a good sign.

Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
    Skilled Stadium, Gold Coast, Saturday 7.30pm (AEST)

Last meeting: Round 25 2011 - Tigers 39 bt Titans 10 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium
    Head-to-head: Titans 5 Tigers 4
    Referees: Gerard Sutton, Alan Shortall
    TV: Live, FoxSports 2 (red button)
    TAB Sportsbet: Titans $3.65 Tigers $1.30
    FootyTab: Titans +6.5

Greg Prichard writes: The Titans occasionally stick their heads up with a good performance, but with six losses to go with their two wins they are way back in 15th place. Their two wins came in difficult assignments on the road, against the Cowboys and Sea Eagles, and they are 0-4 at home. The Tigers are showing signs of a recovery, having beaten battlers the Panthers and Eels at their last two starts, but the jury is still out on them.

AAP writes: Two teams that are struggling to come to grips with the 2012 season so far. The Titans looked to have turned a corner against Manly two rounds ago, but fell right back to the bottom with last round's poor showing against Brisbane. The Tigers were in cruise control against the Eels but nearly blew a 31-0 lead with 13 minutes to go. Things seem to be picking up for Gold Coast off the field, but their fans deserve better than what has been dished up recently - the Titans have won just once in their past 12 games at home.

Key: The Titans desperately need more from their dormant outside backs. David Mead has done his part, but the likes of William Zillman, Kevin Gordon and Jamal Idris need to lift otherwise the Titans will find it hard to get on the scoreboard.

TITANS: Phil Graham, Kevin Gordon, Jamal Idris, Dominique Peyroux, David Mead, William Zillman, Aidan Sezer, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Nate Myles, Greg Bird, Luke O'Dwyer, Ashley Harrison. Interchange (from): Matthew White, Luke Douglas, Mark Minichiello, Bodene Thompson, Michael Henderson

TIGERS: Tim Moltzen, Beau Ryan, Joel Reddy, Chris Lawrence, Lote Tuqiri, Benji Marshall, Tom Humble, Aaron Woods, Robbie Farah (c), Keith Galloway, Adam Blair, Liam Fulton, Matt Bell. Interchange: Ben Murdoch-Masila, Blake Ayshford, Ray Cashmere, Junior Moors.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/

Titans go red in support of Red Cross Blood Service

Gold Coast Titans are getting behind the Red Cross Blood Service's "Donate for Your State" challenge, with players to wear red adidas socks and the Titanettes to shake red pom poms at Saturday night's clash against the Wests Tigers at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans duo Mark Minichiello (NSW) and Ashley Harrison (QLD) have both experienced first hand the impact of donating blood in different ways and are urging both Queenslanders and New South Welshmen to get behind the cause.

Statistics from the Red Cross Blood Service show that one in three Australians will require blood in their lifetime but only one in 30 currently donate blood.

Minichiello knows first hand the importance of donating blood after his wife Milena had to have a blood transfusion after giving birth to the couple's first child Luca.

"My wife has been a regular donor since she was back at school,'' said Minichiello.

"We had a pretty tough time with the birth of our first son, Luca. She haemorrhaged pretty badly and lost a lot of blood. Thankfully there was enough blood there for a blood transfusion as she needed a fair bit of blood to get back on her feet.

"I'm very grateful that the Red Cross and the blood bank had enough blood there and I think it's a great cause for everyone to get out there and support.

"Especially with my wife being in the health profession, she knew the importance of giving blood and it came back full circle to help her out when she needed it.''

Minichiello said it was great that the entire Titans team would be wearing red socks to raise public awareness for the cause.

"The whole team will be wearing the red socks and I think it's a really great cause just to appeal to the public to get out there and donate blood. It's very important as there's a lot of sick people out there that need blood at different stages so I believe if we can do as much as we can to help the cause, then we are doing our little bit.''

Harrison's wife Majella is also a regular donor and the Maroons State of Origin forward urged Queenslanders to get behind the cause.

"My wife is a pretty regular donor and I always see her going off to get blood taken. It's just good to see we're going to support the cause and donating blood for their state by wearing the red adidas socks,'' said Harrison.

"The cheerleaders are going to have red pom poms as well so I think it'll be a bit of a sea of red out here tomorrow (Saturday) night.''

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

I wonder what our record stands when we play wearing novelty socks.

I wonder what our record stands when we play wearing novelty socks.
    What ever it is I'm sure it will improve after today's match....

Did u read that the inside word is Benji to fullback & Lawrence to 5/8 , maybe just in defense as BM is as good a defender as Prince & Lawrence is a brick wall ...
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think we are a novelty and I'm wearing red jocks (possibly in the realms of too much information although I don't normally wear any).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Our front row should dominate if we don't i won't be impressed ,tigers have the softest front line in the league .
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

Did u read that the inside word is Benji to fullback & Lawrence to 5/8 , maybe just in defense as BM is as good a defender as Prince & Lawrence is a brick wall ...
    Benji is going to play halfback and Lawrence will play 5/8. I actually feel happy for Ayshford as he will get to play again.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Star Trek The Next Generation
    Luke Bailey is Captain Picard
    Jamal Idris is Lt. Worf
    David Mead is Geordi La Forge
    Nate Myles is Commander Riker

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

Lets hope they play Benji at FB

Junior

Hi guys just about to leave our hotel room... Was talking to Adam Blair and beau Ryan this morning at breakfast and they are pretty confident that they are going to smash us.... I hope we win so I can say to them in the morning and say what happened to the flogging... Go titans...