Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    If you can't see potential in idris then there is something wrong.
    I think anyone can see enormous potential in Idris. His problem is that he doesn't have a rugby league brain. He's clueless out there. A good coach would fix that........

Idris didn't even get his arms up in a couple of those misses ... really bad.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

[QUOTE=Chaos;299947]
    If you can't see potential in idris then there is something wrong.
    Everyone can see the potential in Idris, and THAT is the problem. There is something wrong, agreed, but it's not with the peeps who are questioning his contribution out on the field. His potential is not in question, his level of fitness and commitment are the question. You don't pay $400K+ a year for potential.

Our game plan should heavily feature Idis hitting lines off his halves or providing one on one situations with room.
    Of course it should, but it doesn't. IMO the standout reason for this is he only has about 6 hit-ups in him. We've seen him in the clear, and rather than charging straight for the line and bowling over whoever gets in his way, he is running shapes all over the field looking for support because after about 15m he his stuffed!! What a friggin' joke! It's not about his hammy anymore, it's about his fitness.

Bull Bailey manages to chase down kicks, catch guys in-goal etc, but poor Jamal is just a bit too tired (ie lazy, unfit, too fat etc) from his "workload" Its a Friggin' joke!

This 'he should go looking for the ball' is a load of sh!t in todays structured game.
    I disagree. It's part of the "structured" game today. Wraps, inside balls, cut-outs, etc. Unstructured is the "new" structured. Good teams have been doing it for the past 10 years. That's why halves drift so much these days (have been for a decade or so now). But that's not even what this is about.

I know what you mean, that there is no place for "free agents" making up plays in the middle of sets, but there is no reason he can't get involved in more hit-ups, especially close to the line. I don't think anyone is talking about having some "Jamal-centric" style of play. I am just talking about a guy who is meant to be "the difference" being left languishing out wide. Don't get me started on his defensive efforts. There can be NO defense of his (lack of) effort defensively.

They train all week together and should know what play to put on depending on what part of the field.
    Yes, they should, and Jamal should be involved in most of the running plays. It's a simple question Chaos: why pay him so much money to do so little? I would say it's not because he has "potential". Most of us expect more. A lot more.

Idris' defence errors were glaring. And he does need to learn to back himself and stemroll over the line.

He needs to aim up, this Friday he plays his former club the Bulldogs for the first time.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

On a side note.. I'm no Physio, but Idris best make a genuine effort to maintain his weight, especially while he plays RL. Because his running gait (running style), he really does give his knee's and ankles a hiding/caning. If he doesn't have issues throughout his career with them. It's bound to catch up with him post NRL, when he does eventually balloon out, later on in life..

I wish I was joking, but I do hold some serious concerns about it..

Usually i watch the highlights to observe our strengths and weakness, but i wasn't able to this week because i couldn't bare how awful we were playing in the 2nd half, anyone else feel the same. BTW i was one of those who wasn't a fan of idris and especially when we signed him for 500k a year, but i hoped we'd unlocked his potential, hoping and knowing are two different things though.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'd take Peyroux over Idris without any question. At least Peyroux looks like he wants to be out there and goes looking for work.
    My point is..our coach doesn't know how to utilise his potential to produce results.

I originally replied to your comment because you made the above statement and there's no way I share your thoughts on that option.

I'm on the fence with this. Idris is hopelessly unfit and Peyroux is well short of the skill set to be a first grader, furthermore if the centers can't/won't give their wings at least a fair shot at the ball then they can both bugger off.

I was guilty of accusing Champion of not being able to set his wingman up but the little time he has spent on the field he has certainly moved the ball at the appropriate times.

Just curious to know if Kevin has been given the ball on the fly more than 3 times this year?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Bj to the centers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I was guilty of accusing Champion of not being able to set his wingman up but the little time he has spent on the field he has certainly moved the ball at the appropriate times.

Just curious to know if Kevin has been given the ball on the fly more than 3 times this year?
    Its a waste of a quality, lightning fast winger if thats the case and his centres arent setting him up. We have had the same problem whenever Jerome Ropati has played at centre this year, Manu Vatuvai has been given no quality ball. Good passing skills from your centre are very important imo.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Kevin Gordon hardly gets the ball. Im suprised that not many people have noticed it.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    Kevin Gordon hardly gets the ball. Im suprised that not many people have noticed it.
    I'm tired of crying about it, along with a lot of other stuff ... the coaching staff seem unable to solve any of these very basic problems. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they can actually recognise them.

Junior

...Gagai from the ponies has been released and told to find another club. He played a bit of centre for redcliffe, has a bit of pace too.. might be able to pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    ...Gagai from the ponies has been released and told to find another club. He played a bit of centre for redcliffe, has a bit of pace too.. might be able to pass?
    Really? Im shocked because i thought Broncos had plans with him as the future of the team. I love Gagai and i think if we snap him up then he will be a good replacement for any injuries to the team.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.