Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I agree that Wallace is useless but Corey is not the worst.
    I didn't mean Corey and Wallace were useless footballers...Wallace is a hard defender and his kicking game improved on recent games.
    Corey runs the ball well.

I just don't think they are good playmakers.

Their strength is their structure and our weakness is our lack of structure ... that will be the measure of this match-up as we are better on paper than they are man for man. Titans by 1.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    They shouldn't drink so much
    No no no, I saw a stealy resolve in how they said it. I think they could surprise the comp with their next outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I didn't mean Corey and Wallace were useless footballers...Wallace is a hard defender and his kicking game improved on recent games.
    Corey runs the ball well.

I just don't think they are good playmakers.
    Oh sorry, my mistake.

I think Corey has real potential, still not convinced Wallace is this great player people say.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    No no no, I saw a stealy resolve in how they said it. I think they could surprise the comp with their next outing.
    Mate I'll be Happy with field goal in extra time
    #itaintweaktospeak

Same

I dont think my heart could take it! But at least Darren Lockyer no longer opposes us!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I don't know how any rational watcher of NRL could knock the way that the Broncos have gone about their business this year. They have been exceptional 1-17.

We have been terrible through the first two months but we can prove that Brookie was no fluke by turning up and getting another win.

The storm beat us by 30 and Brisbane are going just about as well. This is a true test for the team and a win can have us snapping at the heels of the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I don't know how any rational watcher of NRL could knock the way that the Broncos have gone about their business this year. They have been exceptional 1-17.

We have been terrible through the first two months but we can prove that Brookie was no fluke by turning up and getting another win.

The storm beat us by 30 and Brisbane are going just about as well. This is a true test for the team and a win can have us snapping at the heels of the 8.
    Brisbane were playing very average in the first month, they barely beat bumbling sides like Eels & Knights. Their last few weeks have been good, but their 30 point win was over a very week Raiders side. They are miles off the Storm IMO. Brisbane have conceded first points in the first 10mins in just about all their games.

If we can post first points, then suffocate them like we did the Storm for 50mins - then that will go along way to victory. We actually need Cartwright's typical forward orientated game plan for this match. Load the bench with 4 forwards, keep the ball in the middle of the park, and grind out a win. Make them defend their line a few times just by kicking a few grubbers behind the line for them to push dead. Our points will come through the middle third or 50% kicks to the edges, we will need at least 24 points...

Our error rate wasn't too bad last week, just need to bring the total missed tackles down to 15 for the game, and play the full 80mins. I got no doubt the boys will turn up for this match, they always do. They week they will be riding a nice fresh wave of confidence into the match...

My Team:

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Peyroux
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. O’Dwyer
    15. Lawrence
    16. Minichiello
    17. Thompson
    Last edited by Ryan; 23-04-12 at 09:19 AM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Peyroux
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. O?Dwyer
    15. Lawrence
    16. Minichiello
    17. Thompson
    Harro goneskies. Carty will keep LOD in the starting side, hopefully White to come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Harro goneskies. Carty will keep LOD in the starting side, hopefully White to come in?
    Forgot about that...
    But yeh, thats what I'd want to see.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Brisbane were playing very average in the first month, they barely beat bumbling sides like Eels & Knights. Their last few weeks have been good, but their 30 point win was over a very week Raiders side. They are miles off the Storm IMO. Brisbane have conceded first points in the first 10mins in just about all their games.

If we can post first points, then suffocate them like we did the Storm for 50mins - then that will go along way to victory. We actually need Cartwright's typical forward orientated game plan for this match. Load the bench with 4 forwards, keep the ball in the middle of the park, and grind out a win. Make them defend their line a few times just by kicking a few grubbers behind the line for them to push dead. Our points will come through the middle third or 50% kicks to the edges, we will need at least 24 points...

Our error rate wasn't too bad last week, just need to bring the total missed tackles down to 15 for the game, and play the full 80mins. I got no doubt the boys will turn up for this match, they always do. They week they will be riding a nice fresh wave of confidence into the match...

My Team:

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Peyroux
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. O?Dwyer
    15. Lawrence
    16. Minichiello
    17. Thompson
    I'd be happy with that side but with Harro out i think Minni will have to start & bring White or Ridge on to the bench..
    #itaintweaktospeak

That's the side minus Harrison but I would prefer to see Thompson start with Bird at lock and Lawrence/Minichiello/White/O'Dwyer or Ridge on the bench.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

My Team:

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Peyroux
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. O?Dwyer
    15. Lawrence
    16. Minichiello
    17. Thompson
    I agree, Cartys forward orientated game is the one that will have the most effect against the Broncos. 24-30 pts is what the players are aiming for, that is not my opinion that is what they are talking about. They want to impress. Good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I agree, Cartys forward orientated game is the one that will have the most effect against the Broncos. 24-30 pts is what the players are aiming for, that is not my opinion that is what they are talking about. They want to impress. Good luck to them
    They have been starved of free to air exposure. This is the first game that many casual observers of the game will have seen this year that involves the Titans. It will also be the first game we have played in front of a decent sized crowds.