Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

We would be close to full strength if Bird,James & BJ were all playing..

Can't believe that BJ has been left out because of the return of Mini & White as that is the reason i was told by the Titans but i haven't received a reply to how Hendo & Odwyer were picked ahead of him....

Not sure if anyone else heard on Saturday night when Prince gave BJ a mouthful when Prince didn't have a runner to pass to , maybe he has a say when the team is selected
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    "Jordan Rankin has been named 18th man for the Sea Eagles match but trained at hooker yesterday and could find himself in the team as back-up for Matt Srama."

Carty just making it up as he goes along...
    I actually think a little bit of hooker would be good for rankin. It gives him a different perspective of how the team functions and the importance of quick clean ball. Will help round out his game.

Whether u choose to develop him at hooker when we are 1-5 and need wins, that's another matter and think this rankin - hooker thing should have happened last year.

Unfortunately, we are a club full of "what should have happened". I am going to lay off the team for the moment and just see what transpires this week both on and off the field.

The questions that our situation pose and the lack of transparency from the club management makes any debate purely speculative and quite frankly not worth the effort.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Not sure if anyone else heard on Saturday night when Prince gave BJ a mouthful when Prince didn't have a runner to pass to , maybe he has a say when the team is selected
    Surely not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Surely not...
    He's captain and should have a say.

Yeah, a say maybe as anyone in a leadership group should. And if those type of runs are something they want the bloke to improve on fair enough but I'm not sure it warrants dropping.

Just my humble opinion obviously.

Yep ... the leadership issue always has the potential to backfire ... is someone man enough to give themselves a tap on the shoulder? Tough ask.

Sezer and Prince to fire!
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Travis Meyn ‏ @travismeyn
    I'd say Greg Bird is a definite starter for the @GCTitans tomorrow. Looks fine at training. #NRL
    9:43 AM - 13 Apr 12 via Twitter for iPhone
    https://twitter.com/#!/travismeyn
    With that news I jumped on the 1-12 at $6.

Champion is out also now with Dom or Michaels to replace...

time for Carty to show whether the Sezer selection was a one off or if he is really going to pick the team properly.

Dom has to be in there. and it would also be good to throw idris on the right.

but if Michaels is chosen to replace Champion then ill be pissed.

I have a good feeling about this one... It would be good to prove all those doubters wrong and the side (If Bird does come in) Looks very very good on paper.. Sezer can add the enthusiasm which the team looks like they're lacking... This game can change the season around... I have faith

Peyroux earns call-up for Sea Eagles clash
    Adam Gardini | Friday 13 April 2012 10:55 AM

Hard hitting centre Dominique Peyroux has been called into the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans side for tomorrow night's clash against Manly after Beau Champion was today ruled out with a shoulder injury.

Champion was unable to train at the team's final training session at Robina this morning due to a shoulder injury, with medical staff yet to determine the full extent of the injury.

While a blow for Champion, Peyroux earns a spot back in the top grade in the centres - where he had impressed in the earlier rounds.

"It's unforunate for Champ but I got the call-up last night,'' said Peyroux before the team travelled to Sydney today.

"I was eating dinner and had a missed call from Carty so I thought I better call him back.

"I'm just grateful for the opportunity again, hopefully I can play my best footy for the team and try to get that win.''

The Titans could also be boosted by the return of lock Greg Bird from an ankle injury after he completed today's training session.

Assistant Coach Steve Murphy said it was good to see Peyroux back in the first grade side after only losing his spot several weeks ago after the return of Champion from injury.

"We're excited about Dom, I think he's a great player. I'm really excited for him and I think he deserves his spot back in the top grade,'' said Murphy.

"Steve Matai is a strong player and he's been been playing first grade for a long time so he'll probably try and intimidate Dom but Dom won't take a backward step at all so it'll be a really exciting clash that one.''

Murphy said Bird would travel with an 18-man squad to Sydney today, with a final decision to be made about his availability on game day.

"We're travelling with 18 so he'll (Coach John Cartiwrhgt) make his decision tonight or tomorrow morning,'' said Muphy.

"He'd probably come back in the pack I'd say. Young Sezer will get his opportunity at five-eighth and we're excited about him.

"We've been waiting for this chance to give him a start and it's probably come earlier than expected but we're looking forward to his performance this week.

"He's been fantastic during the week, I guess the biggest challenge of course is Saturday night. Aidan is a long-term player at this club, a player that we want him to cement that No.6 position and I'm sure he'll do it.''

Murphy said the club was yet to learn the full extent of Champion's injury.
    "It's a shoulder injury but they don't know the extent of it at the moment. I guess we'll know early next week,'' said Murphy.

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...es-clash/53217

Jesus this is close to our best team if bird plays.

Looks pretty damn good.

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    19. Peyroux
    3. Idris
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    18. Bird
    11. Myles
    13. Harrison

14. White
    16. Minichiello
    17. Thompson
    11. O'Dwyer

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Jesus this is close to our best team if bird plays.