Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Oh.....and I would have Hindmarsh on my team any day of the week..
    Still boring!

Sezar the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Still boring!
    You are hard to please but you can't have 17 'exciting' players on the park........there would be a 100 tries and no defence.....kinda like the 20's I guess.

Hey everybody ... ignored the text messages, didn't search the result, watched the replay and then read the forum friggin' bewdy, bottler and all things grand ... a win is a win is a win.

Comments on the game: (1) the team played like they were enjoying themselves ... looks like they've flicked Cartwright's pedantic game plans and just went out and gave their all. (2) Sezer will mature around Prince, Myles and Bird to become a club legend. As someone posted he doesn't have to do much more than kick and pass ... but he can and he will. (3) Henderson bugger off. (4) In this very thread I suggested that Harrison/Minichiello are on borrowed time and I saw nothing to convince me otherwise. (4) For all the plaudits on Zillman tonight I ask, how short are your memories? He needs to build on this and I hope he does. (5) I didn't mention Prince because I totally agree with all the comments on here.

That'll do Teke ... I'm stoked too but we still have a mountain to climb. I want to add that what I liked most about the game, apart from the little dropsy-fest just before half time, we actually looked like we knew what we were doing and respected the ball. The sooner we get Cartwright out of the way the better.

Oh yeah, did I mention Sezer? and now I'm going to bed and throw the leg over.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Nice to have that winning feeling back! I loved Sezer's game tonight, hopefully he can keep that up. He seems to be a nice foil to Prince, and was not at all overawed.

Had a great feeling going into tonight and really enjoyed that one - it feels good to finally get another W. We can really announce ourselves with a win against the Broncos. I agree with all the sentiments on here, Prince, Sezer, Zillman, Bird, Myles, Bailey, Douglas all really good. Harrison and Mini still go okay and Henderson is rubbish.

It'll be interesting to see how things went down in the Ipswich V Bears match. I know Ipswich won, but I hope Lawrence played the house down. Did Rankin play fullback? I hope so - that is where we need him to come in. Maybe Javarn had a stormer. Zillman did a great job tonight, but he is and always will be a left centre and would've slayed it there tonight. Sad to see Idris strain his hamstring, let's hope it is a short term thing, we need him back on the right side so we can see him in thrive. Also interesting to see how Michael Parker-Walshe goes for Tweed Heads in his comeback later today. Things are looking good for us. Hopefully we can string a few together now and let James and Idris come back slowly and on the bench. Also interesting to see how Ben Ridge goes playing prop for Tweed, he'd have to be better than Henderson.

At least we get to bask in this win for 11 days - bring on the Broncos I reckon we're going to nail them.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Well done guys. You guys needed this badly. You can be proud of the team tonight.

Rather then the score and how they played the biggest positive to me was the actual team bonding that occured in that game several times. It was like a pressure relief valve.

Sezer was a real positive and that early try put Manly's game plan in disaray. Now, not only did they hsimply have to negate Prince which they could have done easilly they now had this young upstart directing play away from Prince in the early stages.

This gave Prince time to reorganize himself and the team. he now had the space and time he needed. The forwards played well early and young sezer gave them their rewards, they then had momentum.

In the second half when Prince was controlling the game so well young Sezer showed a lot of maturity to step back from the playmaking and was content with a few well placed kicks.

At the start of the season I thought the Titans had the best pack in the Comp, last night shows they are at least not the worst. The comp is so close that a few more wins will see them in or around the eight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Still a salvageable season if they can carry this momentum. With the current ladder congestion we're actually only 2 wins out of the top 4! I hope you negative ****s can shut the **** up for at least a week now.....
    I doubt you're going to get it your way, Ryan. Because when you consider that our only two wins this year has come about because we've caught both teams off guard, and they're playing $#!@house on the day. We're yet to celebrate a win when we've come up against strong oposition that are firing on all cylinders, and have given us a good run for our money, and we've earned win in the process.

But, besides that. A win is a win 'n it's not going to stop me from enjoying it for what it is. Two points don't sound like much. But this year, I'm happy to see us end up with them, in any fashion we can earn/steal em..
    Last edited by Toads; 15-04-12 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Typo's... as usual

Just watched the replay & was rapped with the effort the boys put in throughout the match & most importantly they played for 80 minutes

As I expected Sezar showed in the 1st half just how much of a top 5/8 he is & Prince played his best match since 2010 off the back of having a 6 that knows how to play the game, they will become a lethal force as the season progresses.

The 2 major differences this week were the inclusion of Sezar & the return of Bird who was Brilliant on 1 leg , also thought Dom ,Bodene & Mini played great games , Hendo needs to go ..

On a funny note how good was the other 5/8 we have in Bails with his little grubber & then the look on his face when he realized what he had done

For those who want to mention GFL on here I will delete your posts as we don't give a Shyte about the GC Scidmarks
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Just watched the replay & was rapped with the effort the boys put in throughout the match & most importantly they played for 80 minutes

As I expected Sezar showed in the 1st half just how much of a top 5/8 he is & Prince played his best match since 2010 off the back of having a 6 that knows how to play the game, they will become a lethal force as the season progresses.

The 2 major differences this week were the inclusion of Sezar & the return of Bird who was Brilliant on 1 leg , also thought Dom ,Bodene & Mini played great games , Hendo needs to go ..

On a funny note how good was the other 5/8 we have in Bails with his little grubber & then the look on his face when he realized what he had done

For those who want to mention GFL on here I will delete your posts as we don't give a Shyte about the GC Scidmarks
    i cracked up when i saw the look on Bails face. Sezar and Prince are going to carve it up for the rest of the year Premiership here we come

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    You are hard to please but you can't have 17 'exciting' players on the park........there would be a 100 tries and no defence.....kinda like the 20's I guess.
    I agree...I am hard to please...but my point is, you can't look at stats when choosing a halve or 5/8. I wouldn't have a stats man like Hindmarsh in the halves.

While I'm happy (and relieved) with the win, I'm kinda disappointed with the final 10 mins - They could stuck the knife in and twisted it, instead of pissing around with penalty shots and letting another try in.

Still a salvageable season if they can carry this momentum. With the current ladder congestion we're actually only 2 wins out of the top 4! I hope you negative ****s can shut the **** up for at least a week now.....
    Welcome to the negative club :-)

While I'm happy (and relieved) with the win, I'm kinda disappointed with the final 10 mins - They could stuck the knife in and twisted it, instead of pissing around with penalty shots and letting another try in.

Totally agree

Ryan, if you think for one minute our problems are solved or that the opinions of the vast majority of the rugby league community, not just our own mob, on selection, form, coaching and club management should be ignored then I will respect your opinion without abuse but will have to disagree. Our club needs to be constantly scrutinised until these problems are resolved.

This is no way detracts from a truly courageous win.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

On a really serious note, I just checked my SuperCoach scores and Sezar (who I drafted onto my bench) is listed as having scored ZERO points.

How is that possible?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    On a really serious note, I just checked my SuperCoach scores and Sezar (who I drafted onto my bench) is listed as having scored ZERO points.

How is that possible?!?!?!?
    He got 54 points
    #itaintweaktospeak

It was clear we decided to get down and dirty too.

Went a bit too far or a bit too obvious a few times, but if we can find the right balance of niggle and aggression prince and sezer will have soooo much time.

Manly did play terrible, but our pressure contributed to that. Manly spun it wide and deep to Lyon a few times and they usually carve with that early width but bodene was awake and jammed him like no other team or defender has has yet.

Also, someone asked of rankin played fb for burleigh, he was at manly on the bench with the squad last night I think.