Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mole's Verdict

Default Mole's Verdict

When you read this post 80% will agree with me and the rest will criticize but the fact is it's true. After watching Moneyball, that scene where Brad Pitt says "Adapt or Die". The Titans have been the nicest guys on the field, they play fair, they are too loyal some players and people (Cartwright, Michaels and co.) They believe you don't need a strong under 20's squad to be successful in the future, they believe you can't develop players individually but only as a team. They believe you just need a big forward pack to win games, (it's why most of our attack is in the middle, and part of the reason why our elusive wingers can't get the ball. They don't believe in blooding people to get them experience (Broncos blood their youngsters, look at them now) they only put youngsters in to fill a position.

I'll repeat that line again "Adapt or Die". By the end of 2012 mark my words we'll know if we'll adapt or die, sink or swim. I'll make a list of must be made changes.

1. Daniel Anderson NRL coach
    2. Bruno Cullen CEO
    3. Jason Taylor assistance NRL coach
    4. Matt Rogers NYC coach
    5. Whole new Titans board (Chris Close, Michael Searle etc...)
    6. Signings- Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs) Sam Mataora (Raiders) Denam Kemp (Dragons) Shea Moylan (Storm) Sean Loxley (Wynnum- Manly Sea Eagles), Tyson Loflipo (Ipswhich Jets).
    7. Losses- Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello, Steve Michaels, Luke O'Dwyer, Michael Henderson, Phil Graham.
    8. Sign Talented crop of Under 20's
    9. Improve and produce better juniors in our big nursery.
    10. Play aggressive and get in oppositions ears to make them retaliate for a fight.
    11. Use wrestling techniques to slow the play down ( every team is f****** using it , why can't we)
    12. Have a policy, if you don't train or play 100%, you get fined $500 and that money goes to charity, if they are a 3 time in a row offender then sack them.
    13. Develope players individually and as a team, create spines and combo's for e.g. Center & Wingers, Five-Eight and Half Backs etc...
    14. Unique attack each week based on other teams weakness, for e.g for a scrum we have Idris and Gordan on the left, have Idris look like getting the ball but instead Zillman puts a grubber to Gordan.
    15. Blood youngsters in R1, 2, Origin time, 23, 24.
    16. Not just scout in Australia. Have scouters go to the UK, PNG, FIJI, SAMOA, TONGA, COOK IS. and New Zealand to look for Under and Over 20's players, have a development program or even an emerging squad for those players of those nations.
    17. If we make a profit, spend it on a leagues club ffs, so us fans can hang out before and after the game.

If you have any questions with anything on my list, you a welcome to ask me.

i like alot of what you said.

i did notice at the game last night, we werent testing the refs by being offside very much at all, whereas roosters were offside or jumping early almost all night, and it makes a huge difference.

its an attitude thing, we need to get down and dirty.

but i do like alot of your list and if we can just implement half of it, we will be on our way.

I also would throw up Graham Murray as a possible coach, he always seems to lift teams, at least for a few years.

Are you the 'real' Mole from RLW that I follow on Twitter??

Not sure on this Jason Taylor idea everyones come up with.
    He is closely related with the bears bid, and would love nothing more than to see us die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

One thing we really need is to concentrate on our juniors.

I'm sick of hearing about all these signings.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    One thing we really need is to concentrate on our juniors.

I'm sick of hearing about all these signings.
    Have you seen our Under 20's mate?? They are a complete and utter rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Damn near gave away 100 points in the last two rounds?

Denan Kemp? No thanks ... the rest? Maybe ... and Taylor needs a gig not a pipedream ... WA will get the nod before CC.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't mean the under 20's. They are rabble.
    There is so many quality young players in the group 18

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    When you read this post 80% will agree with me and the rest will criticize but the fact is it's true. After watching Moneyball, that scene where Brad Pitt says "Adapt or Die". The Titans have been the nicest guys on the field, they play fair, they are too loyal some players and people (Cartwright, Michaels and co.) They believe you don't need a strong under 20's squad to be successful in the future, they believe you can't develop players individually but only as a team. They believe you just need a big forward pack to win games, (it's why most of our attack is in the middle, and part of the reason why our elusive wingers can't get the ball. They don't believe in blooding people to get them experience (Broncos blood their youngsters, look at them now) they only put youngsters in to fill a position.

I'll repeat that line again "Adapt or Die". By the end of 2012 mark my words we'll know if we'll adapt or die, sink or swim. I'll make a list of must be made changes.

1. Daniel Anderson NRL coach
    2. Bruno Cullen CEO
    3. Jason Taylor assistance NRL coach
    4. Matt Rogers NYC coach
    5. Whole new Titans board (Chris Close, Michael Searle etc...)
    6. Signings- Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs) Sam Mataora (Raiders) Denam Kemp (Dragons) Shea Moylan (Storm) Sean Loxley (Wynnum- Manly Sea Eagles), Tyson Loflipo (Ipswhich Jets).
    7. Losses- Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello, Steve Michaels, Luke O'Dwyer, Michael Henderson, Phil Graham.
    8. Sign Talented crop of Under 20's
    9. Improve and produce better juniors in our big nursery.
    10. Play aggressive and get in oppositions ears to make them retaliate for a fight.
    11. Use wrestling techniques to slow the play down ( every team is f****** using it , why can't we)
    12. Have a policy, if you don't train or play 100%, you get fined $500 and that money goes to charity, if they are a 3 time in a row offender then sack them.
    13. Develope players individually and as a team, create spines and combo's for e.g. Center & Wingers, Five-Eight and Half Backs etc...
    14. Unique attack each week based on other teams weakness, for e.g for a scrum we have Idris and Gordan on the left, have Idris look like getting the ball but instead Zillman puts a grubber to Gordan.
    15. Blood youngsters in R1, 2, Origin time, 23, 24.
    16. Not just scout in Australia. Have scouters go to the UK, PNG, FIJI, SAMOA, TONGA, COOK IS. and New Zealand to look for Under and Over 20's players, have a development program or even an emerging squad for those players of those nations.
    17. If we make a profit, spend it on a leagues club ffs, so us fans can hang out before and after the game.

If you have any questions with anything on my list, you a welcome to ask me.
    One person should be thought about is Peter Ryan from the Cowboys as a new defensive coach?

I also think we lost alot of sharpness when we lost billy johnstone back to the cowboys.

His method wasn't too scientific, but my god we were fit and sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i like alot of what you said.

i did notice at the game last night, we werent testing the refs by being offside very much at all, whereas roosters were offside or jumping early almost all night, and it makes a huge difference.

its an attitude thing, we need to get down and dirty.

but i do like alot of your list and if we can just implement half of it, we will be on our way.

I also would throw up Graham Murray as a possible coach, he always seems to lift teams, at least for a few years.
    thank you,yes we do need to test the refs and teams, graham murray does lift teams, for a while but i wouldn't consider him coach. It would be great if he was involved with the club.
    My top coaches available to replace Cartwright (he's a great bloke, I don't hate him, but it's time for a change) would be:
    1.Daniel Anderson
    2.Rick Stone
    3.Jason Taylor
    4.Ivan Henjak
    5.Michael Hagan (QLD assistant coach)

Are you the 'real' Mole from RLW that I follow on Twitter??
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Not sure on this Jason Taylor idea everyones come up with.
    He is closely related with the bears bid, and would love nothing more than to see us die.
    True, he is a part of the bears bid , but he is a fan of the titans or any league team on the coast. He would love some sort of coaching gig at any club. So he wouldn't want us to die. not until the bears enter 2015 which is very unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    thank you,yes we do need to test the refs and teams, graham murray does lift teams, for a while but i wouldn't consider him coach. It would be great if he was involved with the club.
    My top coaches available to replace Cartwright (he's a great bloke, I don't hate him, but it's time for a change) would be:
    1.Daniel Anderson
    2.Rick Stone
    3.Jason Taylor
    4.Ivan Henjak
    5.Michael Hagan (QLD assistant coach)
    Pass.. No Thanks!