Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

both lawrence and ridge have been working harder and hence deserve it more than thompson but still a great team

WHats the word on Bird ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Well after the game i talked to him just as he made his way in his ambulance and he apparently has smashed his ribs, screwed his hammy and popped his shoulder so i wouldnt expect a quick recovery going on his assessment.

FAAARRk, he has been our best aswell
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

My two cents worth:

1. Javarn White
    2. Champion
    3. Idris
    4. Zillman
    5. Graham
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Harrison
    13. Ridge
    14. Lawrence
    15. Thompson
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Rankin

I am assuming that Bird, Lawton and Minichiello are injured.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

1. White
    2. Gordon
    3. Zillman
    4. Champion
    5. Peyroux
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Idris
    13. Harrison

14. Lawrence
    15. Page
    16. Ridge
    17. Thompson

Zilly isnt going to be pushed out of FB easily, he lacks in areas but I would say he has probably more positive attributes for that position than anyone else in the club.

My 2 cents on the Titans best squad, it's the same as the one this forum picked in the preseason, a couple of small positional changes but it's a strong squad.

1. ZILLMAN William
    2. GORDON Kevin
    3. IDRIS Jamal
    4. CHAMPION Beau
    5. MEAD David
    6. SEZER Aidan
    7. PRINCE Scott (c)
    8. BAILEY Luke
    9. SRAMA Matt
    10. DOUGLAS Luke
    11. BIRD Greg
    12. MYLES Nate
    13. HARRISON Ashley

14. JAMES Ryan
    15. LAWTON Kayne
    16. MINICHIELLO Mark
    17. THOMPSON Bodene

Brenton Lawrence in for Kayne and this Squad after a few weeks of togetherness can do good things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    4.Champion (just over Dom because he passes to our wingers, he needs something more to his game like a gasneir like step instead of just his hole running)
    Why does Champion have to get a Gasnier-like step? does Idris need to get Jennings speed? Champion is fine how he is, he just needs the ball in his hands to make some opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Why does Champion have to get a Gasnier-like step? does Idris need to get Jennings speed? Champion is fine how he is, he just needs the ball in his hands to make some opportunities.
    Because Champions greatest strength is his hole running, to do that he needs to receive good ball, even if we have the best halves combo in the world (which we don't) he still wouldn't get good ball all of the time. So if the opposition's defense is up to the task, they can shut him down easy, that's why there is a list of players ahead of him for NSW and AUS. If i was coach i would try to take his game to the next level (step like hodges or gasneir) so the defense would work to stop him. I'm sure you'd agree that the best centers in the game get great opportunities but most importantly create opportunities for themselves and others, that's why teams like the Broncos and Sea Eagles have outside backs hard to stop. do you agree with me now?

btw i wish Idris did have jenning's speed.

Junior

Idris, Mead named to return against Roosters
    Adam Gardini
    3/04/2012 1:00:00 PM
    The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today named strike centre Jamal Idris and winger David Mead to return from injury for Saturday’s Round 6 clash against the Sydney Roosters at Skilled Park.

After missing the past three weeks with a hamstring injury, Idris was today named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright on an extended interchange bench while Mead was named on the wing in his first match back from a broken jaw.

However, the Titans will be missing NSW State of Origin representative Greg Bird (ankle) and emerging hooker Kayne Lawton (hamstring) after the duo suffered injuries in Sunday’s 30-20 loss to the Bulldogs.

Young playmaker Jordan Rankin returns to the No.6 jersey in the absence of Bird, while forward Michael Henderson has been included on an extended five-man interchange bench in place of Lawton.

Jetstar Titans vs Roosters
    Saturday, April 7
    5.30pm – Skilled Park

1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Steve Michaels
    4 Beau Champion
    5 David Mead
    6 Jordan Rankin
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Luke Douglas
    11 Nate Myles
    12 Luke O’Dwyer
    13 Ashley Harrison
    Interchange
    14 Brenton Lawrence
    15 Jamal Idris
    16 Mark Minichiello
    17 Bodene Thompson
    18 Michael Henderson

I dont think Carty has ever changed the team.

He just extends the bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I dont think Carty has ever changed the team.

He just extends the bench
    Haha so true .. But seriously if we loose again are we finaly going to see a Sezer/Prince halves pairing?? Or are we going to waste another year Copy and Pasting the team sheet? I've been giving Carty benefit of the doubt for too long but my faith in him choosing a side is wearing thin

Seriously Micheals?? O Dwyer?? I give up

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    Because Champions greatest strength is his hole running, to do that he needs to receive good ball, even if we have the best halves combo in the world (which we don't) he still wouldn't get good ball all of the time. So if the opposition's defense is up to the task, they can shut him down easy, that's why there is a list of players ahead of him for NSW and AUS. If i was coach i would try to take his game to the next level (step like hodges or gasneir) so the defense would work to stop him. I'm sure you'd agree that the best centers in the game get great opportunities but most importantly create opportunities for themselves and others, that's why teams like the Broncos and Sea Eagles have outside backs hard to stop. do you agree with me now?

btw i wish Idris did have jenning's speed.
    I never disagreed with you, Champs will never be the twinkle toes you are hoping for.

Put Sezer in ffs Cartwright...