Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I called for a fight in the first scrum
    I like the cut of your gib.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Mate, as with your comments on Chalky, I've had a look at "Big Jamma"'s stats.
    10 run metres and 9 tackles and 2 missed tackles.
    The only player he beat on stats was Mark Minichello.

100% Shamus. He is lazy. And he looks fat and unfit. A better coach would be getting more out of him.
    How about Ash Harro - Last week 18 hitups 105mtrs, this week 18 hit ups 115mtrs, 36 hitups for a grand total of 200 mtrs

The worst thing is that many of us have flagged all these issues for over a year. In the case of good management transparency is the key and we have a culture of spin in our club - there appears to be an inner circle of untouchables that rules the roost of a club that requires public support for its existence.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-04-12 at 02:22 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

we did manage 5 line breaks, which is quite alot for us, and more than alot of teams will create over the weekend, so our focus on attack now has to include the focus on finishing opportunities as well. (it already should have obviously)

also, when we were at our best in 09'(i think we were a better side in 09than 2010, we were leading the comp at halfway but alot of injuries to key players cut our run short, in 2010 we were already starting to lose our mojo and we just happened to grind really really well and win alot of close games.)

but in 09' we were so well structured in the forwards and backs. we didnt put massive scores on teams but gee we were sharp and skillful. How did Carty do it then? was there another coach on the payroll that has moved on? Has Cartright forgot to maintain those standards? either way, we had it then.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    we did manage 5 line breaks, which is quite alot for us, and more than alot of teams will create over the weekend, so our focus on attack now has to include the focus on finishing opportunities as well. (it already should have obviously)

also, when we were at our best in 09'(i think we were a better side in 09than 2010, we were leading the comp at halfway but alot of injuries to key players cut our run short, in 2010 we were already starting to lose our mojo and we just happened to grind really really well and win alot of close games.)

but in 09' we were so well structured in the forwards and backs. we didnt put massive scores on teams but gee we were sharp and skillful. How did Carty do it then? was there another coach on the payroll that has moved on? Has Cartright forgot to maintain those standards? either way, we had it then.
    We relied on fast play the balls, and we also had Rogers and Preston to supply football.
    In 2011 there was a defined movement from the NRL to slow down the ruck, Harrigon targeted certain teams for there speed in the ball the ball, and instructed referees to allow teams to stay in the ruck longer, and penalise the team with the ball if they made a mistake.

We had a small pack that used speed and agility to create space, hence the reason our signings in 2012 included players that can play slow, suck in defenders and offload. What we didn't count on was Cartys coaching style to grind. And only grind, ffs they were grinding against the warriors at 20-0

He has broken this team using tactics that are outdated by a team that cannot get repeat sets due to incompetence of a poor kicking game, for it to be semi effective.

Murphy should have been replaced last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

The boys need to spend their training time on field.. it wouldnt suprise me 1 bit if they have spent less time practicing playing since they started using the COE

They seriously lack the basics and look like a team that has played its first game together

[QUOTE=Coaster;298029]We relied on fast play the balls, and we also had Rogers and Preston to supply football.
    In 2011 there was a defined movement from the NRL to slow down the ruck, Harrigon targeted certain teams for there speed in the ball the ball, and instructed referees to allow teams to stay in the ruck longer, and penalise the team with the ball if they made a mistake.

We had a small pack that used speed and agility to create space, hence the reason our signings in 2012 included players that can play slow, suck in defenders and offload. What we didn't count on was Cartys coaching style to grind. And only grind, ffs they were grinding against the warriors at 20-0

He has broken this team using tactics that are outdated by a team that cannot get repeat sets due to incompetence of a poor kicking game, for it to be semi effective.Quote]

I agree that the the game has been slowed a tonne.

the teams who had a good structure and ability to pry apart defenses got better, the teams who were just grinding upfield like us and using a bit of individuality from rogers and presto got caught out and have struggled since.

We are a couple of years behind the pace, whereas the good coaches either keep up, or even better, innovate a new direction.

Carty needs a similar wake up call to the one Searle just got.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    We relied on fast play the balls, and we also had Rogers and Preston to supply football.

He has broken this team using tactics that are outdated by a team that cannot get repeat sets due to incompetence of a poor kicking game, for it to be semi effective.

Murphy should have been replaced last year.
    I agree that the the game has been slowed a tonne.

the teams who had a good structure and ability to pry apart defenses got better, the teams who were just grinding upfield like us and using a bit of individuality from rogers and presto got caught out and have struggled since.

We are a couple of years behind the pace, whereas the good coaches either keep up, or even better, innovate a new direction.

Carty needs a similar wake up call to the one Searle just got.

Our players look like they are afraid to make an error and the creativity has gone. The quick Titans play the balls have gone.

I won't argue the state of the NRL but I do sugest that on the back of the poor discipline of the last few seasons the players have been told to cut out the crap like school kids rather than with good coaching. The problem with that is that in some players, particularly Minichiello, White, Harrison and Bird, that is the way they play.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.